Derby v Reading (Rangers related)

derbyloyal

Official Ticketer
Waghorn was superb for Derby today playing on the right of a front three and was rightly awarded Man of the Match. He looks much more comfortable as a wide forward than a standard number 9, it's a shame he was never given a proper run there for Rangers.

Ejaria did a few little spins, passed it backwards a fair few times and fell over quite a lot. He did pick out a great pass for Reading's goal though. I said to my pals before the match expect a few pirouettes and plenty of falling over and he didn't prove me wrong.

Sone Aluko got brought on at half time for Reading and absolutely ran the show in the second half. He's changed his game from a pacy winger to a midfielder playmaker now and Derby just couldn't deal with him.

Also, we've sounded Max Lowe (left back currently on loan at Aberdeen) out about a move in the summer. Personally, I don't think he's got the mentality to play for us but there's no denying he's a talented wee guy.

Ejaria did a few little spins, passed it backwards a fair few times and fell over quite a lot. He did pick out a great pass for Reading's goal though. I said to my pals before the match expect a few pirouettes and plenty of falling over and he didn't prove me wrong.

Did anyone ITK provide a definite reason for him leaving?
Gerrard said it was purely footballing reasons, while the official club statement said he didn't settle in Glasgow.
And what does footballing reasons mean? Assumption is the SPL was too rough for him.

It’s funny, I remember Warburton being slaughtered for playing Waghorn wide. The constant theme on this very forum was ‘he’s not a wide player, he’s a no9’

Waghorn was superb for Derby today playing on the right of a front three and was rightly awarded Man of the Match. He looks much more comfortable as a wide forward than a standard number 9, it's a shame he was never given a proper run there for Rangers.

Sone Aluko got brought on at half time for Reading and absolutely ran the show in the second half. He's changed his game from a pacy winger to a midfielder playmaker now and Derby just couldn't deal with him.

Also, we've sounded Max Lowe (left back currently on loan at Aberdeen) out about a move in the summer. Personally, I don't think he's got the mentality to play for us but there's no denying he's a talented wee guy.
I would've said Waghorn played the majority of his time as the wide player in a 433 for us?

I like Waghorn.

However, when wide, all I have memories of are the inability to run and dribble, often resulting in the ball rolling out for a goal kick.

He’d have been a decent addition this season, imo. (Just a feeling that it would have suited him)

I thought about posting a thread about the game too from the Rangers connection. Aluko, Waghorn and the linked Harry Wilson all featuring, with Wilson again scoring from outside the box. Think that’s 9 now for the season. Next highest in the top 4 leagues in England is 4. Will be interesting to see if he can kick on at Anfield next season and feature in the first team team/squad. Very bright future it seems.

Fair play to Waghorn for making a go of it at a decent level down there.

Waghorn played wide right multiple times for us and i despised it he was so predictable as he was so one footed

I really like Waghorn.

He was far from perfect but always felt he got a hard time from a lot of fans.

He was impressive midweek against Southampton also.

Rangers supporters cheering when Waghorn was substituted against Partick thistle was wankish behavior and the abuse Ejaria took on Twitter last week was also very poor.
These two players won’t and shouldn’t give a damn about us.

Waghorn was excellent in his first season, up until that injury at Kilmarnock. Again, that fucking plastic pitch ......

Seemed to lose confidence and form after that.

Interesting about Lowe. Boy is a good talent & done really well against Tav.

Back