Derek Ferguson I'd sell Morelos for £6 million

uneasydaz

EX-RANGERS star Derek Ferguson says he would sell Alfredo Morelos for just £6million.

Speaking on Open Goal’s 2018/19 season review, the former Light Blues midfielder delivered a brutally honest assessment of El Buffalo’s season.

He raved about the striker’s talents before claiming the Gers idol “got carried away” with his sensational form.

Ferguson said: “I’m delighted that [Jermain] Defoe’s come in and he’s played exceptionally well.

He [Morelos] is on the bench at the minute and he won’t be liking that because every footballer wants to play.

“I think he got carried away, thinking it was all about him. It’s not about you – it’s about the squad, it’s about the team.

It [Morelos’ indiscipline] could’ve cost Rangers.”

Ferguson says Morelos’ five red cards – including one that was rescinded – shouldn’t have been taken into account by those voting for the end-of-season awards.

He added: “On footballing ability, he should be [selected]. I wouldn’t take discipline into account.

“But he’s not a good role model. If the kids are going to the games, the way he’s carrying on, it’s not a good look.

“I think if they get maybe even £6million or £7m, I would snap you’re hand off for that.

I see a quote this morning saying he wants to play in a more competitive league…but he’s not won the league

“I don’t know where he gets that from.”

Ferguson – who remains Rangers’ youngest ever player – reckons the Colombian could even find life tough if he moves to an English Championship club.

Discussing Morelos with ex-Gers striker Kevin Kyle, he said: “He might struggle.

“I would take the £6m or £7m – it’s just my opinion.

“Steven Gerrard and Gary McAllister will have their eyes on other players, there are other players out there.

“They’ve been better without him, Kev.”

Despite his years of talking utter shite in the media, I do believe that he is a Rangers man but his brains are definitely in his feet. Six million for Alfie. Gee-whiz.

What is wrong with Derek Ferguson? I can barely remember him playing for us as he was slightly before my time but did he part the club on bad terms or something?

I honestly think Sutton talks more sense than him.

I'd sell Derek Ferguson for 2p. He talks utter p*sh sometimes, even Barry makes more sense than he does.

EX-RANGERS star Derek Ferguson says he would sell Alfredo Morelos for just £6million.

Speaking on Open Goal’s 2018/19 season review, the former Light Blues midfielder delivered a brutally honest assessment of El Buffalo’s season.

He raved about the striker’s talents before claiming the Gers idol “got carried away” with his sensational form.

Ferguson said: “I’m delighted that [Jermain] Defoe’s come in and he’s played exceptionally well.

He [Morelos] is on the bench at the minute and he won’t be liking that because every footballer wants to play.

“I think he got carried away, thinking it was all about him. It’s not about you – it’s about the squad, it’s about the team.

It [Morelos’ indiscipline] could’ve cost Rangers.”

Ferguson says Morelos’ five red cards – including one that was rescinded – shouldn’t have been taken into account by those voting for the end-of-season awards.

He added: “On footballing ability, he should be [selected]. I wouldn’t take discipline into account.

“But he’s not a good role model. If the kids are going to the games, the way he’s carrying on, it’s not a good look.

“I think if they get maybe even £6million or £7m, I would snap you’re hand off for that.

I see a quote this morning saying he wants to play in a more competitive league…but he’s not won the league

“I don’t know where he gets that from.”

Ferguson – who remains Rangers’ youngest ever player – reckons the Colombian could even find life tough if he moves to an English Championship club.

Discussing Morelos with ex-Gers striker Kevin Kyle, he said: “He might struggle.

“I would take the £6m or £7m – it’s just my opinion.

“Steven Gerrard and Gary McAllister will have their eyes on other players, there are other players out there.

“They’ve been better without him, Kev.”
Great memories of Derek Ferguson and Durranty coming through the ranks and starring for Rangers, but thank %^*& Ferguson's opinion means nothing.

Derek needs to think before he opens his big trap. With dim-witted friends like him, who needs enemies?

His current job seems to be picking a coupon with Frank Macarena. Great “old firm” mates. It’s a real shame because he was a very good player.

Then thankfully Derek you fucking plant pot it's a good job you're not our director of football.

A number he probably heard mentioned by his bbc mates, and he's just went along with it

There's a reason he's a pundit and not in a dugout

Derek Ferguson wasn't a 'stand out' type of player for Rangers, he was more the 'capable player'.

Nothing wrong at all with that all, we've had an abundance of capable players throughout our history.

What really annoys me, and it's only these past few years, is how brutal these ex-players dance to the mentally challenged tune.

That is just unforgivable...taking the mentally challenged pound means you've sold your soul Derek.

Derek, hope you're next shite is a hedgehog.

After that statement Derek will still be wondering why no Chairman will give him a shot at management.....tool. Suggesting punting yer most saleable asset for a pittance will see him old and bitter picking up his £50 a shift describing the action at Hamilton v Raith in his fine monosyllabic tone for years to come

How is Ferguson’s assessment “brutally honest”?
To me, it’s just petty, vindictive, agenda agreeing tripe.
Is that “honest” enough.
Down there with Dodds and Dalziel as ex Rangers players who only want to put the boot into Rangers players.

Derek Ferguson wasn't a 'stand out' type of player for Rangers, he was more the 'capable player'.
See, this annoys me. Derek was better than his brother and better than his son but caught "the Scottish disease" and pissed his career away.

Whenever I hear him expound about players on the TV or the wireless I have to switch it off because I think, "You could have been so much better".

“I would take the £6m or £7m – it’s just my opinion".

I don't see a club bidding much more than that, before next season begins - thankfully.

Alfredo will be a vitally, important for us next season.

Back