Derek Ferguson I'd sell Morelos for £6 million

Derek Ferguson and Kevin Kyle are a couple of morons who's opinions should be taken with a pinch of salt. Not a brain cell between them.

Thanks your opinion Derek, as you may know opinions are like arseholes, everyone has one, and it just so happens that you yourself are an arsehole.

This is the difference, if this was celtic you would have hartson saying £16M.

Our ex players in the media let us down time and time again.

Correct but we're too soft with them too.

Derek Ferguson comes out with this shit and will face no repercussions for it.

If it was a mentally challenged ex player who was going off message he'd be frozen out by their board, not allowed in their stadium, banned from supporters functions, etc.

What are we doing to make sure Derek Ferguson thinks twice the next time his scum mates at BBC Scotland want him to put the boot in?

Genuine question - do you ever see ex Celtic players in the media constantly degrading their players and what they're worth?

Sutton, Hartson etc are always bigging them up.

There are not many ex-Rangers players I don't like but I fucking despise Derek Ferguson.

For him to have a go at anyone not being a good role model is priceless. He was as talented as any young player I've ever seen and pissed it away and then has the cheek to come out witch crap like this? You couldn't make it up.

Derek Ferguson can't even take a roundabout correctly never mind get the valuation of Morelos right.

Almost every time I hear Ferguson speak I am amazed that he actualy was a reasonably talented footballer as he sure talks a load of crap on the subject.

Agreed it is highly unlikely we will get anywhere near the £20m valuation the club put on Alfie a few months ago but to suggest anything less than £12m is laughable.

Derek is just another in a long list of ex players who these days just cannot say anything positive about the club.

Saying he thinks Morelos might struggle in the Championship should get him laughed at and sacked there and then. Doesn’t he remember Pukki or know who Waghorn is? Or does he genuinely think Morelos isn’t as good? Mentalist.

Derek is the BBC's 'Rangers Man' of choice.... that tells you everything you need to know about how much of a whore he is

Derek has never particularly bothered me, up until recently when he has felt the need to become relevant and vocal against Rangers.
Him and his brother must sit and talk the biggest load of pish known to man, then feel the need to air it in public via some gutter press format.

I hope he doesn't get his own column and start every other sentence with the words "Look/Listen".
It's cringy.

As for £6m for Alfie, away and don't talk shite hen.

Where do you even start with this?

Celtic paid £9 mil for their lump up front and you have an ex Ranger trying to sell our most valuable asset for £6 mil.

Along with with Alex Rae, Derek Ferguson can %^*& off

Just utter idiocy.

Also need to question the ‘we played better without him’ thing that has gained some traction. Two changes happened at the same time:
1) Morelos was replaced with Defoe.
2) we hit on the Kamara, Jack, Davis midfield combination that clicked and began playing the forward 3 more narrow.

I’d argue that (2) is much more important than (1). Morelos has never in his Rangers career played in front of a functional midfield. That’s why we just hit it to him and hope. And, by the time he returned against Killie, half that midfield were on holiday.

I’d love to see what Morelos can do with support behind him. Or even playing in the Arfield role in our end season formation. It’s possible that he doesn’t work in it. But we don’t know. It would be great to find out.

1. How can people who played the game at a high level be so clueless about it now?

2. Why do tv/radio producers and newspaper editors think anyone wants to hear their idiotic opinions?

Probably find the debate with his friends on sportsound, on and off air, has been about Alfie and what hes worth or should that be how overrated he is in their view.

People always say folk like DF are dumb but he seems to be pretty good at telling rich/richard what he wants to hear on just about every subject and never upsets them. He plays the uncle tom/crawler position perfectly.

Not exactly the most important subject but his behaviour has been shameful for years its time people like Ferguson were told they aint welcome at Ibrox, hes never going to change.

Waghorn cost Derby £5m.

Morelos is 6 or 7 years younger, scores more, creates more, and plays the lone striker role far more successfully. He has rarely missed a game through injury. Morelos also has the potential to improve his game, there is no doubt there is far better to come from him.

If Waggy is worth £5M, what is Morelos worth?

Oh well, I guess it's a good thing you're no longer anything to do with Rangers then isn't it Derek? Fud of a guy. You do wonder why so many of our ex-players are as bad as tims these days.

If Derek Ferguson was a dog he'd be chasing the cars on the main street, trying to bite the tires. A joke of a man now who wasted his opportunity in the game then pissed his money up the wall. He's now a media whore, being paid to let others put words into his mouth.

EX-RANGERS star Derek Ferguson says he would sell Alfredo Morelos for just £6million.

Speaking on Open Goal’s 2018/19 season review, the former Light Blues midfielder delivered a brutally honest assessment of El Buffalo’s season.

He raved about the striker’s talents before claiming the Gers idol “got carried away” with his sensational form.

Ferguson said: “I’m delighted that [Jermain] Defoe’s come in and he’s played exceptionally well.

He [Morelos] is on the bench at the minute and he won’t be liking that because every footballer wants to play.

“I think he got carried away, thinking it was all about him. It’s not about you – it’s about the squad, it’s about the team.

It [Morelos’ indiscipline] could’ve cost Rangers.”

Ferguson says Morelos’ five red cards – including one that was rescinded – shouldn’t have been taken into account by those voting for the end-of-season awards.

He added: “On footballing ability, he should be [selected]. I wouldn’t take discipline into account.

“But he’s not a good role model. If the kids are going to the games, the way he’s carrying on, it’s not a good look.

“I think if they get maybe even £6million or £7m, I would snap you’re hand off for that.

I see a quote this morning saying he wants to play in a more competitive league…but he’s not won the league

“I don’t know where he gets that from.”

Ferguson – who remains Rangers’ youngest ever player – reckons the Colombian could even find life tough if he moves to an English Championship club.

Discussing Morelos with ex-Gers striker Kevin Kyle, he said: “He might struggle.

“I would take the £6m or £7m – it’s just my opinion.

“Steven Gerrard and Gary McAllister will have their eyes on other players, there are other players out there.

“They’ve been better without him, Kev.”
RMgD7hf.gif

the question is, can we replace those 30 goals for £6m?

If not, then why would we sell him for that?

Even if he played 3/4 of the season, he'd probably score more goals than someone we brought in, as clubs would know we had money to spend and the price of their players suddenly increases

He also said on another podcast that it was probably down to the Scottish guys in the team the reason we managed to beat Celtic in the last old firm. Pretty sure not 1 Scottish player was in the starting line up?

Wonder who this thick as shite arsehole gets to tie his shoes in the morning because he has proved he is not very bright

I heard him on the radio saying something similar. He's better off saying nothing if he can't talk intelligently, ye know, eh?

Back