Derek Ferguson I'd sell Morelos for £6 million

I remember complaining about him when he was on the Rangers TV channel, and I never complain.

He was thick as mince then, it was infuriating. How he is still getting work is beyond belief. Genuinely think he is ultra retarded.

Derek Ferguson is an intellectual pygmy.
If brains were made of dynamite, he couldn't blow his hat off on a windy day in Chicago.
He makes Wayne Rooney sound like Stephen Fry.

6 million is a fraction of his value.
DF stays in quarter.
Quarter is also a fraction.
Think he has another book coming out,free publicity.
He was involved with boys club Mill Utd.
Could be a genuine error/mix up 6mill Utd.

Thats a bit rich coming from a tosser who was walking down Bellshill with a bottle of Bucky in his hand following the walk when he was signed with us Allegedly

EX-RANGERS star Derek Ferguson says he would sell Alfredo Morelos for just £6million.

Speaking on Open Goal’s 2018/19 season review, the former Light Blues midfielder delivered a brutally honest assessment of El Buffalo’s season.

He raved about the striker’s talents before claiming the Gers idol “got carried away” with his sensational form.

Ferguson said: “I’m delighted that [Jermain] Defoe’s come in and he’s played exceptionally well.

He [Morelos] is on the bench at the minute and he won’t be liking that because every footballer wants to play.

“I think he got carried away, thinking it was all about him. It’s not about you – it’s about the squad, it’s about the team.

It [Morelos’ indiscipline] could’ve cost Rangers.”

Ferguson says Morelos’ five red cards – including one that was rescinded – shouldn’t have been taken into account by those voting for the end-of-season awards.

He added: “On footballing ability, he should be [selected]. I wouldn’t take discipline into account.

“But he’s not a good role model. If the kids are going to the games, the way he’s carrying on, it’s not a good look.

“I think if they get maybe even £6million or £7m, I would snap you’re hand off for that.

I see a quote this morning saying he wants to play in a more competitive league…but he’s not won the league

“I don’t know where he gets that from.”

Ferguson – who remains Rangers’ youngest ever player – reckons the Colombian could even find life tough if he moves to an English Championship club.

Discussing Morelos with ex-Gers striker Kevin Kyle, he said: “He might struggle.

“I would take the £6m or £7m – it’s just my opinion.

“Steven Gerrard and Gary McAllister will have their eyes on other players, there are other players out there.

“They’ve been better without him, Kev.”
What a rocket he is!! Obviously spends to much time with Frank Macavenie.

See, this annoys me. Derek was better than his brother and better than his son but caught "the Scottish disease" and pissed his career away.

Whenever I hear him expound about players on the TV or the wireless I have to switch it off because I think, "You could have been so much better".
I'm sorry but he was never better than Barry!

Serial waster Derek Ferguson, should have been a Rangers legend, reduced to the role of bit part punditry to make ends meet. Tragic

I'm sorry but he was never better than Barry!
That's actually worthy of a healthy debate. Barry had, of course, the better career but I could see a case being made for Derek having more talent/being the better footballer.

Still, of the 4 famous Fergusons who played for Rangers the jewel in the crown is undoubtedly Ian. I bet he wants to change his name when he read pish like this lest he be found guilty by association.

Not a good role model

Needs to look back at his own career and what he could have been first before coming out with that shoite

I don't know how old you are but for me there was a point when he broke through to the first team,and his passing and reading of matches took the breath away. Never matured as a player. And maybe not as a person either.
This is my take. I was at Uni in London in the early 80s but would get an overnight bus from Victoria about once a month, go and visit my maw then go to Ibrox then get the late coach back to London.

The Early Ferguson was an absolute delight.

That's actually worthy of a healthy debate. Barry had, of course, the better career but I could see a case being made for Derek having more talent/being the better footballer.

Still, of the 4 famous Fergusons who played for Rangers the jewel in the crown is undoubtedly Ian. I bet he wants to change his name when he read pish like this lest he be found guilty by association.
If course! And Ian was my favourite :)

The Club would be in a better place if they had sacked Ferguson instead of LeGuen.
Whit a f*%kin moron.
By the time it came to the Ferguson Le Guen stand off, Le Guen had lost control and had to go. It needed dealt with the moment Le Guen arrived.

Maybe 5 or 6 million when you were playing Derek, , but non entities go for 10s of millions these days , 3o goal a season strikers who don't take penalties are worth there weight in gold .

Morelos gave us the fight back to face teams that wanted to kick us off the park. That comes at a price.

“Derek Ferguson was discussing with Kevin Kyle.....”
Now that means that at least 2 villages are missing their idiot quota. Forgetting the dumbest Ferguson brother for a minute, imagine someone like Kevin Kyle having the temerity to decide how much you’re worth!!

DF is looking for attention but his creadability is taking a hammering at the same time.

What an idiot.

30 goals says otherwise.

"I see a quote this morning saying he wants to play in a more competitive league…but he’s not won the league.

“I don’t know where he gets that from.”

Why does Morelos need to win the league to want to move onto a bigger, more competitive and fairer league?

That's never stopped Rangers or Celtic players in the past.

He'd have a great shot at playing for Colombia if he ended up in the EPL!

Back