Derek Ferguson - Steven McLean couldn’t wait to send off Morelos

What's your thoughts on the forearm smash by Ferguson on Goldson?

Genuinely didn’t see that happen. My stream cut out a few times though. This is the first I'm making this up as I need attention: of it even on here, so I’m a bit sceptical to be honest.

Take your head out of the sand. He raised his hand, up to Shinnie's face and skelped him. The amount of contact is irrelevant, the intent was there - and everyone I've heard comment on it has said the same. We need to stop trying to defend the indefensible here, and start realising that Morelos's petulance and downright selfishness is going to cost us dearly in the long run. We need fighters for the jersey, who pull together for the team - not hot-headed wee scowlers, spoling for a fight in an empty house. Gerrard needs to rein him in before he loses the plot entirely. And yes, Shinnie definitely made the most of it.

I came out the ground thinking that was the case but watching the incident again today, it’s really no different to the Lafferty Mulgrew incident a few years back that led to a media campaign and subsequent ban for our player for feigning injury.

Heads do need to come out the sand to stop accepting the endless double standard.

Take your head out of the sand. He raised his hand, up to Shinnie's face and skelped him. The amount of contact is irrelevant, the intent was there - and everyone I've heard comment on it has said the same. We need to stop trying to defend the indefensible here, and start realising that Morelos's petulance and downright selfishness is going to cost us dearly in the long run. We need fighters for the jersey, who pull together for the team - not hot-headed wee scowlers, spoling for a fight in an empty house. Gerrard needs to rein him in before he loses the plot entirely. And yes, Shinnie definitely made the most of it.

You’re the one saying he ‘smacked him in the face’ when he simply didn’t. Shinnie reacted seconds after little to no contact to get an opponent sent off.

My issue with it is that mclean was giving fouls for nothing and there was easily 2-3 chances to blow the whistle and sent Shinnie off but instead he waited and waited to send off Morelos.

Genuinely didn’t see that happen. My stream cut out a few times though. This is the first I'm making this up as I need attention: of it even on here, so I’m a bit sceptical to be honest.

It was all over the papers.........not.

5 minutes before half time. Ferguson "wipes out" Goldson according to Tam Miller on RTV then pushes Jack to the ground. The ball breaks to another Aberdeen player and a foul is given against Flanagan. Check it out.

5 minutes before half time. Ferguson "wipes out" Goldson according to Tam Miller on RTV then pushes Jack to the ground. The ball breaks to another Aberdeen player and a foul is given against Flanagan. Check it out.

I’ll take your word for it. I mean it wouldn’t surprise me that’s for sure. I still can’t excuse Morelos though, he just made it too easy for them.

Morelos got the first yellow card for persistant fouling and moaning at the ref. It was not just for that one foul

It was all over the papers.........not.
You didn’t see it on Sportscene?
Me neither.
Showed you a pretty innocuous challenge by Lafferty on McKenna though that, according to the scum on the programme, could have been another red for Rangers.

You didn’t see it on Sportscene?
Me neither.
Showed you a pretty innocuous challenge by Lafferty on McKenna though that, according to the scum on the programme, could have been another red for Rangers.

This is what many dont understand. Refs aint "cheating" as such. They're just doing what's required to see justice and fair play prevails.

Its common knowledge that we are cheats, thugs and bigots so its obvious that refs need to be careful incase they are seen to help us in any way.

Likewise Celtic are subject to anti Irish racism and their charitable foundations need to be taken into account when they are being refereed.

Ask Keevins, Speirs, Haggerty, Findlay, Delahunt, the SNP, Prof Tom Devine, TLB, Jackson, Walker, Sutton, Hartson, Crocker or any other fair minded person.

I said the guy sitting beside me that it looked like McLean had been sent on a mission by the SFA to sort us out for having the temerity to have the balls to call their referees out as incompetent bastards :mad:

Morelos is being referreed to a different standard than other players in the league.

Very similar to Gazza when he played for us as well.

Yes. Remember the red card Gazza got for trying to push Weighorst away when he ran 30 yards pulling him back. The press said that this was the right call as you "cant raise your hands". Funny that rule doesnt apply to Scott Brown. When he elbowed Kenny Miller he was just protecting himself.

Absolutely spot on,I think the guy is being targeted by both players and refs,I knew as soon as I heard he'd been booked it was only a matter of time. But a question on that is,is that a 2 game ban,because he was only a booking away from a ban,the fact he's been sent off as well. Just wondered. I'm just sickened for the guy,but he needs to learn to walk away and be one step ahead.
He didn’t need to get involved where he got his first booking. There were two other players of ours in front of the guy who had the ball and their guy was effectively going nowhere. That was stupidity. And the second booking was being a fucking moron. There’s only so long we can ‘sympathise’ with his behaviour. He has been a professional footballer for how many seasons now??

100% mate.

The fact we all knew he'd even it up as soon as Cosgrove got sent off, said it all. The guy is a total wank.
I agree 100% but the fact that Morelos gave him the opportunity angers me even more, WTF was he thinking about does the blood flood his braincells or something, we all know they are waiting to pounce so they can hammer him and likewise us (because they see him as a big danger) and he fucked up big time for a nothing situation El Buffalo let us down very badly, love the guy but if he can't control himself he's no good to us.

It was clear from early on McLean couldn’t control the game. A truly woeful referee, but that’s acceptable in Scotland.

You’re the one saying he ‘smacked him in the face’ when he simply didn’t. Shinnie reacted seconds after little to no contact to get an opponent sent off.
Let's not forget the outrage from every talking head when big Kyle reacted to little to no contact to get an opponent sent off.

The media seem oddly quiet despite Shinnie clearly making a meal of it.

After the Herts game and Levein,s rant at the weekend Morelos was a certainty to be sent off,He shouldn't have appeared for the second half.

Skelped?

If it was deliberate it would've been a straight red based on your interpretation of events.

Morelos' card was marked by a man about 40 miles away, and who hadn't seen him since last Sunday.
Once Levein and the media ranted on about injustices, the writing was on the wall.
Having said that Morelos was utterly stupid and walked right into the trap - not a lot of sympathy to be honest,

Morelos made it impossible for any of us to defend him last night.

We're clutching at straws if we're complaining with the way the ref sent him off.

You would think so yet many still are.

That sort of approach does us no favours, let's complain about the real issues, if we start moaning about everything and anything (even when the correct decision has been made) it makes us look as paranoid as the tims.

Speaking on BBC Sportsound, Ferguson said: “Do you know what I didn’t like last night?

“Morelos…as soon as he makes that stupid challenge, he tries to hit Shinnie in the face, McLean went after him.

“He couldn’t wait. I think big [Kyle] Lafferty was getting charged out the way.

“It was the way he was running.

“There’s a way about going about your business and Steven McLean last night got it woefully wrong.”

After being quizzed further about his take on the incident by host David Currie, he added: “I just didn’t like the way Steven McLean chased after him and couldn’t wait to get the card out.”
Morelos acts like a spoiled child. He should be getting fined by the club for his needless indiscipline

When Lafferty got booked for his first challenge I knew then that one of them was being sent off. He was warning Lafferty again a few minutes later. He was absolutely itching to send Morelos or Lafferty off. Compare this to the amount of Aberdeen players that got away with murder the whole game. Refereeing in Scotland is a complete joke these days. Their poor officiating is what hurt Hearts and Celtic to our benefit, but it shouldn't be like that.

Im fed up with all this rubbish.Anyone who know anything about football knows ,a foul is just that a foul ,not every foul is a yellow card or even a red Its players falling about tapped on the ankle and holding his head,screaming a the ref to get guys sent off .And refs don't get me started Referees are not bias they are just completely incompetent simple as that.Reffing a Game is not hard if its a foul give it no song and dance needed.If its a genuine red give it, same with throw-ins,corners,just give the proper decision and get on with the game.Its the blatant bad decisions that they give that get fans riled.That's only half my RANT but enough for today.FORGOT ARROGANT

Yep, Shinnie obviously made the most of it but we would have been going mental had it happened to one of our players.

I love Morelos, his game has improved massively this season under Gerrard but his weak link is definitely his temperament. If he has designs on playing at a higher level, ie the EPL and regularly for Columbia then he really has to learn to channel it properly, the gaffer must be tearing his hair out.

It did happen one of our players Ferguson elbowing Goldson clear as day we didn't even get a free kick

The sending off was coming all night. Alfredo seems incapable of keeping it in check and we are on a knife edge if Lafferty gets injured.
That refs are hopeless is even more reason to keep our discipline.
I love Morelos but it may be sensible to take a large offer in January and buy a replacement.
Alfredo is no use sitting in the stand.

Im all honesty its been noticeable that refs seem to take their time and let situations calm before booking players.

With Rangers players they"re sprinting over, cards already waving.

Its almost as if they've been instructed to do it? To preven situations exploding

Many of us said on here last night once Alfie was first booked, he had to calm it down, he didn't and he was bagged.

He's only 22, he will learn. But, I agree, he's not helping anybody at the club right now.

He may learn in time, but i just wonder how long S.Gs.going to put up with his nonsense, as he's become a hinderance to the team.
Whether he's targeted by refs.or not, the point is.That Morelos only care's about one thing, himself.
I now think he's in the one chance saloon, as i think the gaffer is getting pissed off trying to defend his childish antics.
What good is our top scorer to us sitting in the stand, and picking up easy money for doing nothing.Time has come for Morelos to man up, and act like an adult, instead of a spoiled brat.Have a good look at yourself in the mirror Alfredo, and remember you play for the famous Glasgow Rangers.

No other player on the park, would have received that first booking.

This is quite possibly true but he did get that booking even though he didn't deserve it. That means he should have cooled the f^*king beans and watched his step but we all know what happened with that. I don't know if he has the savvy to reign it in when required which is a worry.

It wasn't Steven McLean that smacked Shinnie in the face.

Morelos is a rocket and Gerrard needs to rein him in. At the moment, his selfishness and petulance may prove to be a luxury we can ill afford.
I'd say we can ill afford to be without his goals and assists.

The strikers are him and Laff and that's it.

This is quite possibly true but he did get that booking even though he didn't deserve it. That means he should have cooled the f^*king beans and watched his step but we all know what happened with that. I don't know if he has the savvy to reign it in when required which is a worry.

See this, it's what riles me a little.

Why should Morelos have 'reign it in', when other players such as Shinnie or Scott Brown doesn't? In fact, Brown is one of the snidest, dirty wee bastards I've witnessed in recent years .. and yet his card tally almost reads like Gary f**king Linekers!

Nobody called for Anthony Stokes to 'reign it in' when he punched Tav twice in the one incident, before rag dolling him to the floor, or in the same game when he grabbed Ryan Jack by the throat resulting in a red card ... for Ryan Jack!

We've seen Rangers players dismissed for f**k all and red cards rescinded in unprecedented numbers, in fact, I can't remember it being such a common occurrence in 50 years of watching football. Something stinks big time ... but at least they've now found a new target and seem to be leaving Ryan Jack alone.

See this, it's what riles me a little.

Why should Morelos have 'reign it in', when other players such as Shinnie or Scott Brown doesn't? In fact, Brown is one of the snidest, dirty wee bastards I've witnessed in recent years .. and yet his card tally almost reads like Gary f**king Linekers!

Nobody called for Anthony Stokes to 'reign it in' when he punched Tav twice in the one incident, before rag dolling him to the floor, or in the same game when he grabbed Ryan Jack by the throat resulting in a red card ... for Ryan Jack!

We've seen Rangers players dismissed for f**k all and red cards rescinded in unprecedented numbers, in fact, I can't remember it being such a common occurrence in 50 years of watching football. Something stinks big time ... but at least they've now found a new target and seem to be leaving Ryan Jack alone.

You won't find any argument from me regarding that Hibs game as it was probably the worst refereeing performance I've ever seen. Same goes for Brown, he does seem to get away with murder.

When I referred to Morelos having the savvy to reign it in I was talking about the situation he found himself in on Wednesday night. Having been booked, wrongly in my opinion, what he did to Shinnie was sheer folly. Sometimes he just needs to take a step back and think of the big picture and the good of the team.

Whether Rangers are being reffed different from other clubs is a bigger issue and something for the club to go to war about. Alfie can't very well tell McLean that he can't send him off because Broon gets away with it all the time. What he should have done was keep his hand down, stay on the park and try and get us the goals to win the match.

It wasn't Steven McLean that smacked Shinnie in the face.

Morelos is a rocket and Gerrard needs to rein him in. At the moment, his selfishness and petulance may prove to be a luxury we can ill afford.

Fair enough but we also cant afford to ignore the behaviour of refs just because a small number of posters called thing so badly wrong and get embarrassed by this subject.

The refs are clearly fired up to cause Rangers problems, that is Fergusons point.

Within a minute or so of Morelos, McKenna pulled back Lafferty by the waist. Any other league in the world that is an automatic yellow card....

The absolute bottom line is that Morelos has got himself a reputation, thoroughly enabled by our impartial mhedia and he needs to wisen up on that.
I still get the feeling that he could behave like a choir boy for the entire game (while being kicked up and down the park) but the minute he looks sideways at the ref....he's booked!

Speaking on BBC Sportsound, Ferguson said: “Do you know what I didn’t like last night?

“Morelos…as soon as he makes that stupid challenge, he tries to hit Shinnie in the face, McLean went after him.

“He couldn’t wait. I think big [Kyle] Lafferty was getting charged out the way.

“It was the way he was running.

“There’s a way about going about your business and Steven McLean last night got it woefully wrong.”

After being quizzed further about his take on the incident by host David Currie, he added: “I just didn’t like the way Steven McLean chased after him and couldn’t wait to get the card out.”

Said the exact same thing at the game to my mate as soon as they went down to 10. I said next opportunity he gets one of our players are off to even it up.

The lack of consistency from McLean is an issue, he was the ref when that M'wll thug splattered Cardoso's nose all over his face & didn't even get spoken to, yet most incidents (real or imagined) involving Rangers players almost always end up with a booking putting our player under pressure for the rest of the game
Still, I think it was a 2nd booking for Alfredo & even possibly a straight red and knowing the way we are reffed then it wasn't very bright from the lad!!

Back