Derek McInnes against Celtic

Absolute sh!t manager.

It is folk like him holding Scottish football back, honestly what has McInnes, the likes of Jack Ross, Jim Goodwin done to justify continually getting manager gigs.
To be fair to Goodwin he did a good job at both Alloa and St Mirren.

Just watched their goals.
I’m never going to accuse a professional player of not trying but if those Kilmarnock defenders are the best available to them, Kilmarnock are going straight back down.
Absolutely shocking defending and goalkeeping.

Media darling that's portrayed as a good young Scottish manager.
David Martingdale has not been around as long and operated on a fraction of the resources McInnes has had available and gets right under the tims skin with results against them.
DM is a fraud.
Totally agree, DM is a far better manager in all aspects of the game.

Quite incredible that anyone is willing to furnish a salary on someone who drags Tony Docherty around as their wing man.

No plastic rivalry with us to milk off at Killie. League table says it all for them already.

He’s a terrible manager but if you’ve listened to him since he left Aberdeen it’s clear he’s a huge Bear. Speaks well when providing analysis of our games and is clearly still a supporter at heart.

I think turning down the job was actually testament to the man’s respect for the club and self awareness - he knew he wasn’t good enough for the hot seat and wasn’t going to milk the club for a big payday. For that he’ll always have my respect.

We sure do have a lot of focus on D.McI....not sure I get it at all.
I’ve literally not seen a thread on McInnes for yonks, in any case isn’t that why we are here? To discuss all football matters?

Maybe ignore if it’s not your bag?

I’ve literally not seen a thread on McInnes for yonks, in any case isn’t that why we are here? To discuss all football matters?

Maybe ignore if it’s not your bag?
Posts on McInnes are continual.....it's a microcosm removed from teams don't try against Celtic pish or the media gets Celtic bigger transfer fees pish.

McInnes was a pretty ordinary Ranger but I see other pretty ordinary ex-players who get a lot less stick and do/say some daft things.....we seem really bitter about him turning down the job and bleat on and on about him.

If he's a no mark why the %^*& do we go about him so much?

Mcinnes started well at the sheep but that was just by buying SPL players who had been good here but failed down south. After that vein of talent dried up his transfers have been shit. The only thing keeping him in a job is that he’s managed to take points off us. Taking points off Rangers will save a manager’s job whereas getting humiliated by Celtic won’t raise an eyebrow.

Mcinnes started well at the sheep but that was just by buying SPL players who had been good here but failed down south. After that vein of talent dried up his transfers have been shit. The only thing keeping him in a job is that he’s managed to take points off us. Taking points off Rangers will save a manager’s job whereas getting humiliated by Celtic won’t raise an eyebrow.
Not true at all though is it just look at them since he’s left

The bottom line is, no one will back him up on it.

It's a one way street and has been for many years. Surprised people keep going on about calling it out, it has been, but whataboutery comes into play when it comes from us.

I'd prefer to just be sectarian back at them and ignore them when the usual suspects are rolled out to be outraged.

He doesn’t possess the best of records against them as a manager does he?

I read on Twitter he as won twice in 44 games? Anyone confirm if that’s accurate?
One of them was the game that they let Aberdeen beat them at the Girodome to make sure we were third in the league.

they played a team that just got promotion

i dont really see why we should be offended by mciness's reaction

wither we like it or not there playing well and have a team thats already gelled
we still have a bit to go and hopefully be upto speed by the time we play them

they played a team that just got promotion

i dont really see why we should be offended by mciness's reaction

wither we like it or not there playing well and have a team thats already gelled
we still have a bit to go and hopefully be upto speed by the time we play them
I dont think theyve played many more games than we have.

Difference is that SPFL sides couldnt care less if they lose to them.

Killie today couldnt tackle a school team. Celtic players were allowed to run with the ball with barely a challenge. Then Laurel and Hardy stuff when they get to the box.

Its deffo more than 2 wins. Beat them on more than one occasion at both pittodrie and parkhead in league and cup games over the years

DM is a dreadful manager no ifs no butts. The trouble is he is a media darling in our little jovial Scotland constantly supported by his discredited Scottish poodle journalist pals like Keevins, Jackson, Guidi, Stewart, McFadden etc. Those of us who understand and have played this great game know he is a complete bed wetter manager particularly against our dirty scummy neighbours from the east end and has achieved %^*& all in management. The sooner our media understand this the better our game will improve.

He could have been our manager.

Let that sink in and pour a strong half.
And some people one here actually wanted it o_O

Shitebag of the highest order and its turned up to 11 for the Tim's

Quite a different situation back then.
Hardly mate. His name was being banded around until we got Gerrard and some people even brought him up before Gio - although he was done and dusted by this point. But was definitely there pre Gerrard

You'd have a point if it was 2013 and we were in the lowest league again, even then I'm still not sure I'd trust him over my dead great great great great grandma managing us.

Dunno the hate towards McInness
Last year when doing the punditry he was nothing but complimentary about us

This thread is an embarrassment,if anyone thinks the he would set his team up to lie down to any team is just clutching at straws,they were beaten by the better team anyone thinking killie should be beaten them or us is delusional yes they might get us on a bad day and get a result but cmon lads let’s not be too bothered because they beat killie we are better than that.

Conspiracy theories aside it’ll be interesting to see how Kilmarnock line up against us by comparison. They’ll probably give up on the more open play by then and revert to a Steve Clark classic.

No way were killie getting the points though no matter what they did.

Watched the highlights last night totally embarrassing defending. The fat Aussie is being allowed to boss the game here. Rangers need to put him in his place next month.

The problem is that we have continually given McInnes too much respect - Gerrard was especially culpable, treating Aberdeen like they were Bayern fucking Munich. Celtic, on the other hand, treat his crap teams with utter contempt - and it works.

Dunno the hate towards McInness
Last year when doing the punditry he was nothing but complimentary about us
I think there's some in our fanbase that deep down really expect him to get his team up for it against Celtic because he used to play for us and are apoplectic with rage when he inevitably gets his arse handed to him whilst managing sides with a fraction of their budget

It's like those that thought his Aberdeen sides were more up for it against us than them when the cold, hard reality is that Celtic were just simply better at breaking them down and swatting them aside. It's not like McInnes' Aberdeen side were the only team that caused us problems by sitting in with two banks of 5 and had success in frustrating us.

McInnes is a more than decent manager in SPFL terms and his record against them is exactly what it should be and is probably in line with, if not slightly better, than most other managers in the league outwith us with the possible outlier of Davie Martindale who has been a manager for less than two years. I bet by the time he has managed for the same length of time as McInnes his record against them will be much the same.

One of those victories was given to McInnes so that we would end up 3rd and sheep 2nd.

Most poetically this led to us to having a much easier Europa League qualification than sheep the next season. Lol

Guys a fountain of loser energy whose only time of relevance was playing second fiddle to the Bheasts while we made our way through the leagues.

Last edited:
Spineless

he should call out the sectarian abuse dished out to him and Kyle Lafferty

shat it from the Rangers job (thankfully) and shits it from everything else

Posts on McInnes are continual.....it's a microcosm removed from teams don't try against Celtic pish or the media gets Celtic bigger transfer fees pish.

McInnes was a pretty ordinary Ranger but I see other pretty ordinary ex-players who get a lot less stick and do/say some daft things.....we seem really bitter about him turning down the job and bleat on and on about him.

If he's a no mark why the %^*& do we go about him so much?
It is a bit odd i have nothing against the guy hes always quite positive about the club when doing tv stuff and hes a decent manager up here.

I have a feeling the anger comes from the way his sides set up different in games against us and Celtic. Hes an experienced manager that knows our game inside out so he understand all about the dishonesty in refereeing and the different tactics used to ref both big clubs.

Against Rangers his Aberdeen side were aggressive, nasty, and loved to make the game a real physical scrap. Against the tims players are well warned to watch their discipline and not get involved as the refs wont tolerate it. Some may say thats not the behaviour of a Rangers man well hes just looking at it from his own clubs pov and doing his best for himself.

This thread is an embarrassment,if anyone thinks the he would set his team up to lie down to any team is just clutching at straws,they were beaten by the better team anyone thinking killie should be beaten them or us is delusional yes they might get us on a bad day and get a result but cmon lads let’s not be too bothered because they beat killie we are better than that.
The results over an extended time period don't lie.

His teams may not be set up to lie down, but they certainly don't seem as motivated playing against Celtic as teams with 'Celtic minded' men in charge are against us.

Just watched their goals.
I’m never going to accuse a professional player of not trying but if those Kilmarnock defenders are the best available to them, Kilmarnock are going straight back down.
Absolutely shocking defending and goalkeeping.
I'm the same the defending is shocking,when you think Rangers faced. Standing off players five yards away is ridiculous as were the bicycle kicks,the amount of space is criminal. Outside of Rangers,the only team that will give them a game will be Hearts,who look decent.

Back