Derek Mcinnes its no suprise Scott Wright is getting backlash

Going about it all the wrong way,but for me this is him trying to get a fee in for him before the window shuts

Did he not even condemn the cnuts?.
that's what I was thinking....almost accepting it as the norm to the point of agreeing with their horrid support .I think the fact that Wright didn't even acknowledge Dollys offer doesn't help , but McInnes isn't known for his tact and diplomacy. Dolly will never be our rivals as they try to claim .and should just accept WATP not them

mcinnes shouldnt be surprised if he gets unwanted attention from rangers fans then if it ok from sheep fans.i despise mcinnes and i for one never wanted him near us before stevie got the job.thank god he never took it.

MacInnes is a shameless coward. Probably relieved that the anger directed at him recently has been deflected onto Wright.

Still! We should be relieved also, and grateful, that Wright has had the foresight and courage to do what MacInnes didn't by joining Rangers. Never has a bullet been dodged with such glorious results.

Only the sheep brained can't see that a player would jump at the chance to move to a massive club rather than rot at a tin pot outfit like Aberdeen.

That lot got it into their heads that they are a big club when they won a couple of leagues under Ferguson in the 1980s. In reality they are just part of the dross.

Still can't believe we were so easy to deal with over McCrorie given how much sh1te the sheep grumble and how difficult they are to deal with when we are interested in any of theirs.

Scumbags!

He’s said in that interview he’s aware of online abuse that the player is getting.

Whether he is aware of how rancid the abuse actually is, he should at least make it abundantly clear that it’s not right.

Do you not agree?.

He clearly wasn't asked specifically about the post on their forum about his first born child. Do you honestly think he wouldn't have condemned that?

Derek McInnes admits it is no surprise to see Rangers-bound Scott Wright facing a backlash from the Aberdeen support.

The Pittodrie winger has agreed a pre-contract agreement with the Light Blues and will join Steven Gerrard’s squad this summer.

Dons boss McInnes still has full faith that the 23-year-will give everything to the Reds’ cause as he runs down the final five months of his contract.

But a furious section of the Red Army have made their feelings known after seeing the academy product announce his intention to join their bitter Ibrox rivals.

Wright has faced a flood of social media abuse, while an offensive banner hung outside Pittodrie included the phrase “Red or Dead” and made reference to Wright’s squad number.

McInnes has not seen the sign but is well aware Wright’s planned move to Glasgow has not gone down with the Granite City faithful.

But he has no plans to leave him out while the Scotland Under-21 international continues to do a job for Aberdeen.

“I can’t be surprised by that,” he said after being asked about the online abuse. “I’m pretty sure Scott would have anticipated that as well.

“That’s something he has to deal with. I’m not surprised that a section of the supporters have voiced their feelings towards that as it is a tough one to take.

“I think it’s a tough one regardless of where Scott goes as we’ve brought him up through the academy. He’s made his decision and it’s Scott’s decision to make.

“But I can only judge what I see. I don’t see any downturn in Scott’s commitment or performances since he came back into the team.

“It’s up to me to decide if players are focused or not, no matter if they have got six months left or are committed to us long term.

“It’s fair to say I thought he was very good at the weekend along with the rest of his team-mates against Motherwell. It was a fully-committed performance and while he’s our player, why should we weaken our team?

“He’s a key player so why should we weaken our team unless we receive an offer that suits the club?”

So far, according to McInnes, there has been no further contact with Rangers despite Gerrard suggesting last week Gers would look to fast-track Wright’s switch to this month.

“Everyone needs to remember, he’s our player and like any player who works for the club – whether they have six months left or five years on their contract – it’s up to the club to decide if it’s an offer they will allow the player to move on,” he said.

“That’s still the case. We’ve had no correspondence from Rangers other than to notify us they had agreed a pre-contract. There’s been no further discussions at board-room level or between me and Stevie.”
Me and Stevie!Mr Gerrard to you yah buffoon

Honestly why is this bottle merchant still employed with them.
CTnlYsk.gif

McInnes fence sitting again and refusing to condemn veiled death threats against one of his younger players.

And to think a sizeable amount of people on here wanted this coward as Rangers manager.

The best notion on explaining this bad feeling coming from the granite city is that Rangers have more fans in it than they do and this causes them to become obsessed and ultimately angry and hateful.
As for this manager - what a little budding Nazi commander he is , self preservation over what is clearly conduct and actions by his clubs followers that verges on hate crime.

Whoever even got this pr1ck onto a discussion list for our management job needs to have all executive power removed . That was an epic miscalculation of person , personality and football .

“He’s a key player so why should we weaken our team unless we receive an offer that suits the club?”

Looks to me like “spooked” McInnes is trying to engineer a fee to be paid for his early release. And Scott Wright will definitely be better off from being away from there.

As for rivals - to a club that is ecstatic at finishing second in a two horse race when we received our ridiculous, vindictive punishment? Do me a favour you nonentity. Second is nothing.

I looked at the AFC chat forum and the abuse directed at the boy is nothing short of shocking.
Actually saw a post which said 'Hope his children die in infancy'.
These animals rival the scum for their hatred of us.
And for what?
A guy wants to make a football transfer to an obviously better club to improve his earnings and his football career.
Both are equally irrelevant and both are no better than sh*te on the sole of your shoe.

Last edited:
He clearly wasn't asked specifically about the post on their forum about his first born child. Do you honestly think he wouldn't have condemned that?
I never said he was?.

Not sure where you’ve picked that up from mate, but I’d expect him to condemn any kind of online abuse of one of his players.

If you go up the thread you’ll see I’ve actually liked a post by NDC saying “he wouldn’t know about the baby post”.

So seems there has been a misunderstanding here.

E

exactly, and McInnes is a twat of a man if h3 considers threats and wishing his unborn child dead is understandable.
It’s like Tommy Burns saying he understood the anger of the Celtic fans when they put excrement through the letter box of the linesman who flagged Cadette offside and verbally abused his children making their way to primary school.

Last edited:
It’s like Tommy Burns saying he understood the anger of the Celtic fans when they put excrement through the door of the linesman who flagged Cadette offside and verbally abused his children making their way to primary school.
Burns was a mentally challenged to the bone. He hated Protestants and Rangers FC. As a product of one of their bigot factories his behaviour in adult life was not a surprise.

McInnes has no such excuses.

McInnes pandering to a support who want him gone, an absolute coward not just owning the situation and wishing him well on his progression to a superior team!

The amount of Rangers that have helped that club, loads
Ferguson, McLeish, McInnes - loads of others
Tinpot fans, get it up them.

I've stuck up for McInnes in the past but if he hasn't the bottle to tackle halfwits in his own support he's went way down in my estimation.

It's simply not acceptable not to condemn the tone and language used against the player.

That club should be calling out their scum fans for abusing Scott online and through that banner but they won’t. I hope we sign him now, just glad there’s no fans for him to play in front of. Hope they don’t target him outside of football.

THEY ARENT OUR RIVALS AND HAVENT BEEN FOR 30 YEARS!! ffs absolute toilet paper!
As for Mcinnes not being surprised, he could have said “it was offensive banner and disgusting, he’s also still an Aberdeen player and when he leaves in the summer he’ll go with our best wishes” but he’s a fvckin coward.
It just underlines how much of a jellyfish the cnt is, the spine of a worm as you say.

Young man furthers career shocker, I am quite sure the young man won't give a flying feck what the lamb fantasist think.

What a horrible wee man McInnes has become. Any decent human being would condemn the shite Aberdeen fans spew.
Bitter rivals my feckin hole.

I really have to wonder what has happened to McInnes with his constant swipes and digs. Hard to believe he ever played for us.
I've completely wiped any memory I had of him being at us. As far as I'm concerned if it looks like a sheep, acts like a sheep and talks sh*te like a sheep then it's a sheep!

“I can’t be surprised by that,” he said after being asked about the online abuse. “I’m pretty sure Scott would have anticipated that as well"

So online abuse is fair game?

Back