Derek Mcinnes its no suprise Scott Wright is getting backlash

He's spent time in the city, Derek. Anyone who has, will quickly realise that Aberdonians hate everyone:

Us, by far the most.

mentally challengeds, less than us, but still hate them.

Everyone else, less than us or the mentally challengeds, but still hate them.

Themselves, less than Us or the mentally challengeds and everyone else, but still 'hate'.

Derek McInnes admits it is no surprise to see Rangers-bound Scott Wright facing a backlash from the Aberdeen support.

The Pittodrie winger has agreed a pre-contract agreement with the Light Blues and will join Steven Gerrard’s squad this summer.

Dons boss McInnes still has full faith that the 23-year-will give everything to the Reds’ cause as he runs down the final five months of his contract.

But a furious section of the Red Army have made their feelings known after seeing the academy product announce his intention to join their bitter Ibrox rivals.

Wright has faced a flood of social media abuse, while an offensive banner hung outside Pittodrie included the phrase “Red or Dead” and made reference to Wright’s squad number.

McInnes has not seen the sign but is well aware Wright’s planned move to Glasgow has not gone down with the Granite City faithful.

But he has no plans to leave him out while the Scotland Under-21 international continues to do a job for Aberdeen.

“I can’t be surprised by that,” he said after being asked about the online abuse. “I’m pretty sure Scott would have anticipated that as well.

“That’s something he has to deal with. I’m not surprised that a section of the supporters have voiced their feelings towards that as it is a tough one to take.

“I think it’s a tough one regardless of where Scott goes as we’ve brought him up through the academy. He’s made his decision and it’s Scott’s decision to make.

“But I can only judge what I see. I don’t see any downturn in Scott’s commitment or performances since he came back into the team.

“It’s up to me to decide if players are focused or not, no matter if they have got six months left or are committed to us long term.

“It’s fair to say I thought he was very good at the weekend along with the rest of his team-mates against Motherwell. It was a fully-committed performance and while he’s our player, why should we weaken our team?

“He’s a key player so why should we weaken our team unless we receive an offer that suits the club?”

So far, according to McInnes, there has been no further contact with Rangers despite Gerrard suggesting last week Gers would look to fast-track Wright’s switch to this month.

“Everyone needs to remember, he’s our player and like any player who works for the club – whether they have six months left or five years on their contract – it’s up to the club to decide if it’s an offer they will allow the player to move on,” he said.

“That’s still the case. We’ve had no correspondence from Rangers other than to notify us they had agreed a pre-contract. There’s been no further discussions at board-room level or between me and Stevie.”
Within the rules. Fxxk the sheep. They only holding him back.

Derek McInnes admits it is no surprise to see Rangers-bound Scott Wright facing a backlash from the Aberdeen support.

The Pittodrie winger has agreed a pre-contract agreement with the Light Blues and will join Steven Gerrard’s squad this summer.

Dons boss McInnes still has full faith that the 23-year-will give everything to the Reds’ cause as he runs down the final five months of his contract.

But a furious section of the Red Army have made their feelings known after seeing the academy product announce his intention to join their bitter Ibrox rivals.

Wright has faced a flood of social media abuse, while an offensive banner hung outside Pittodrie included the phrase “Red or Dead” and made reference to Wright’s squad number.

McInnes has not seen the sign but is well aware Wright’s planned move to Glasgow has not gone down with the Granite City faithful.

But he has no plans to leave him out while the Scotland Under-21 international continues to do a job for Aberdeen.

“I can’t be surprised by that,” he said after being asked about the online abuse. “I’m pretty sure Scott would have anticipated that as well.

“That’s something he has to deal with. I’m not surprised that a section of the supporters have voiced their feelings towards that as it is a tough one to take.

“I think it’s a tough one regardless of where Scott goes as we’ve brought him up through the academy. He’s made his decision and it’s Scott’s decision to make.

“But I can only judge what I see. I don’t see any downturn in Scott’s commitment or performances since he came back into the team.

“It’s up to me to decide if players are focused or not, no matter if they have got six months left or are committed to us long term.

“It’s fair to say I thought he was very good at the weekend along with the rest of his team-mates against Motherwell. It was a fully-committed performance and while he’s our player, why should we weaken our team?

“He’s a key player so why should we weaken our team unless we receive an offer that suits the club?”

So far, according to McInnes, there has been no further contact with Rangers despite Gerrard suggesting last week Gers would look to fast-track Wright’s switch to this month.

“Everyone needs to remember, he’s our player and like any player who works for the club – whether they have six months left or five years on their contract – it’s up to the club to decide if it’s an offer they will allow the player to move on,” he said.

“That’s still the case. We’ve had no correspondence from Rangers other than to notify us they had agreed a pre-contract. There’s been no further discussions at board-room level or between me and Stevie.”
Not surprised by sectarian abuse towards a player because he wants to go on and better himself? Nae bother Derek you mid life crisis looking shitebag lady's front bottom. I thank my lucky stars every day this coward isn’t our manager

Who is the sheep actually think they are? I mean the hilarity aside. “Red or dead” they’re a mid table gang of hammer throwing shitebags with a stadium that’s lucky to be half full even when there isn’t a pandemic. What was it 8k or something brought to a semi final because it was at 5pm on a school night?

torn faced, cucumber sandwich eating cunts with a tremendous chip on their shoulder.

teams embarrassing, the managers a Shitebag and absolutely 100% the best your club will ever get.

got a lot of nerve acting like they’re some kind of intimidating force. Hope Wright is pishing himself and scores the winner up there next season.

What a backwards country we live in. He's moving onto a bigger club who are about to win the league and regulars in Europe.

Its a no brainer for him. Aberdeen are irrelevant to us now.

McInnes is a cowardly wank. He should be protecting Wright, he's still his player.

Airbrush that cnut from our history, he's an embarressment.

Rivals? B-D

All the sheep did was make it more likely he will move to us within the week for a much reduced fee than they probably would have wanted.

I’m not surprised he is either. Aberdeen don’t like us and we don’t like them.
I don't like Aberdeen much, but it isn't something that would get me out of my seat to look out the window over.
Young McCrorie has gone up there to play for them, and the general consensus amongst Rangers supporters was to wish the lad good luck.
All the bedsheets remained in the linen cupboard or on the bed and the entire matter barely raised a grumble either way.

I think this is the difference, one set of knuckledraggers fuming and foaming because we are the focus of their small-time lives, whilst for us, the matter is one of serene indifference.

Who would want to play for a manager like that? Basically throwing the boy under the bus and certainly not making any case for the player wanting to give anywhere near his best in the remaining months. It's his job to protect his players and he has massively failed here.

I suspect Wright won't see much game time from here on in.

The Aberdeen fans on that AFC chat forum are extreme. I work with Aberdeen fans and they hate us no question but some of the stuff on that forum is beyond rivalry/banter.

Mcinnes has a cheek to complain about us signing a player that they have trained from a young age considering they did the exact same thing to Hamilton with Ferguson and there are countless other examples. Chelsea did it to us with Billy Gilmour, it is what it is.

Tin pot club.

Did we give McCrorie any sort of abuse when he went there? No.

They genuinely think they're our rivals.

To this day, I still don't know why their hatred of us is so extreme.

But I do know that they are just another diddy team we need to beat.
Because we injured one of Scotland’s best prospects ever and sing about it.. oh no that’s not us.
Because we sing about a disaster that cost many lives.. oh no that’s not us.
Because we’re a better club with more fans in their own shitcity than they have. Yes that’s what it is.
They’re worse than celtc. At least celtc want to be us, Aberdeen want to be celtc just so they can be our rival.

Is there noting in that statement about the boy actually having the confidence and desire to test himself at a higher level ?
That would be ironic Derek would it not, that said thanks for being a shitebag

Bitter rivals a team with 6000 season ticket holders. I'm afraid lads and lassies you are rivals with St Johnstone and St. Midden.
I remember when the Press tried to portray the Sheep and that other non entity from down the road as 'The New Firm', that moniker lasted about 3 weeks.
Never mind my wee Lambs, you'll have the derby with Cove to look forward to in a year or two!

Dolly FC are a nothing club, they always have been, apart from a few years under ex Ranger Sir Alex ferguson.
Dolly we just laugh at you.

In this week's episode, Derek 'Invertebrate' McInnes helps normalise death threats against his players.

red or dead is as far as their spelling goes!

It's pretty disgusting that he basically justifies it as part of football, instead of calling them out for their sickening behaviour.

It may hurt the sheep, but the reality is they are a much smaller club than us and are pretty much an irrelevance these days. I think it's one European group stage since the 80s now?

That naturally means your players will want to move to bigger clubs when they come along, whether they were a sheep fan growing up or not. Were they always this bad or has it been warped by them managing to finish ahead of us a couple of times when we were a complete basket case? (and even then it was not by much)

Did he not even condemn the cnuts?.
I find it absolutely incredible that the sheep fans behaviour is accepted without condemnation.
I get the feeling it would not be such a trivial matter if it were Rangers fans demonstrating this, so called, rivalry in such a manner.
There have been opportunities for this.
The sheep themselves, Hibernian and Celtic have all had ex Rangers players in their ranks, McCrorie, Murphy, Miller for example, without them being mistreated.

See if it’s just one way can that be called a rivalry? Honestly wouldn’t give a fu*k if we never heard from them ever again.An utter insignificance.Their hate for us is all that keeps them relevant.Honestly can’t think of anything in a footballing contex that makes them important enough to bother about.

Back