Derek Mcinnes its no suprise Scott Wright is getting backlash

Does anyone on here find that anything other than hilarious and pathetic?

Only the hypocritical wet wipes all over this thread.

Folk getting wound up over a bed sheet ?

Do people really see that as a death threat ?

It’s the kind of stuff you hear teenagers come away with, “you are dead to me” but some how folk want to be offended.

McInnes is Manager of Aberdeen he is losing one of his most promising players for nothing to who their fans see as their only “rival”. What people post on the internet is not the responsibility of a football manager to deal with.

Do you want Gerrard commenting on half of what gets posted on here.

Some folk really want to grow up.

THEY ARENT OUR RIVALS AND HAVENT BEEN FOR 30 YEARS!! ffs absolute toilet paper!
As for Mcinnes not being surprised, he could have said “it was offensive banner and disgusting, he’s also still an Aberdeen player and when he leaves in the summer he’ll go with our best wishes” but he’s a fvckin coward.

And he couldve said that McCrorie is heading the other way, and he leaves with the best wishes of the entire Rangers support.

Spot the difference.

It’s the kind of stuff you hear teenagers come away with, “you are dead to me” but some how folk want to be offended.

McInnes is Manager of Aberdeen he is losing one of his most promising players for nothing to who their fans see as their only “rival”. What people post on the internet is not the responsibility of a football manager to deal with.

The boy is still an employee of the club, duty of care mate. And it was put up outside his place of work, sweet fa to do with the internet.

"bitter Ibrox rivals"

They're an irrelevant provincial club with delusions of mediocrity, nothing more.

They try to create engagement through conflict.

I'd compare them to the dog shit you get in 5 a-side trainers with the big grips, when you have to jump in puddles and use a stick to get rid of it. No threat, just a fleeting annoyance.

Aberdeen who have won something like 1 League Cup in Scott Wright's lifetime.

Massive club !!

If Gerrard was asked something along the lines of “one of your players is getting significant online abuse, do you have anything to say?”

I would hope that he would at least say “abuse of any sort is out of order, the player in question is trying to better his career”.

Don’t think the majority of this thread are being unfair, I certainly don’t make posts like this often. Some posts are a tad OTT, with people mentioning specific posts on a forum.

I think it would be pretty poor of Gerrard not to protect his player, had the roles been reversed.

The boy is still an employee of the club, duty of care mate. And it was put up outside his place of work, sweet fa to do with the internet.
Did you even read the article ? McInnes was stating he would continue to consider the player regardless of a section of the red army’s views, he never seen the banner he was asked about online abuse.

Did you even read the article ? McInnes was stating he would continue to consider the player regardless of a section of the red army’s views, he never seen the banner he was asked about online abuse.
Regardless of what form the abuse came in, he didn't condemn it. Just boys being boys though.

If Gerrard was asked something along the lines of “one of your players is getting significant online abuse, do you have anything to say?”

I would hope that he would at least say “abuse of any sort is out of order, the player in question is trying to better his career”.

Don’t think the majority of this thread are being unfair, I certainly don’t make posts like this often. Some posts are a tad OTT, with people mentioning specific posts on a forum.

I think it would be pretty poor of Gerrard not to protect his player, had the roles been reversed.

It is all good and well trying to make up a hypothetical situation regarding Gerrard, but say Billy Gimour had decided he wasn’t going to Chelsea but celtic do you think this board would be full of threads wishing him well.

Aberdeen have invested over ten years coaching a player who must be decent for us to want to sign him and are getting nothing for him.

You only have to look at comments made on here from some when Kai Kennedy and Ciaran Dickson were stalling on new deals.

I honestly believe a number of folk on here have never been to a football match in their life and listened to what gets shouted/sung at opposition players and are very selective on what they read on the internet.

I would be more worried if the section of the red army were wishing him well.

It is all good and well trying to make up a hypothetical situation regarding Gerrard, but say Billy Gimour had decided he wasn’t going to Chelsea but celtic do you think this board would be full of threads wishing him well.

Aberdeen have invested over ten years coaching a player who must be decent for us to want to sign him and are getting nothing for him.

You only have to look at comments made on here from some when Kai Kennedy and Ciaran Dickson were stalling on new deals.

I honestly believe a number of folk on here have never been to a football match in their life and listened to what gets shouted/sung at opposition players and are very selective on what they read on the internet.

I would be more worried if the section of the red army were wishing him well.
None of that is my point, my point is in reference to the manager being told that one of his players is being abused & not saying anything about it.

For example, regarding KK & CD getting criticised for their backgrounds. A journalist mentions that to Gerrard in a presser, do you think he’s saying “yeah it’s understandable”.

Nothing to do with specific posts or comments, I don’t expect fans to be wishing him well (even though majority will be, like us with RM).

I would still expect that when a manager is told “one of your players is being abused by sections of your support, do you have anything to say?” that they would be a bit more critical of the fans.

You’ve just made a hypothetical about Gilmour, if in that situation our manager was told in the press he was being abused, do you not think our manager would have the class to condemn said abuse?.

We as fans have been condemned for singing naughty songs at games too, so not really comparable.

Last edited:

My thoughts exactly. Some on here want to have a look at what's been said on Twitter the last few months. Our fans have been giving scum players no end of pelters. As long as it doesn't cross the line, like the moron on that Aberdeen forum, it's part and parcel of social media.

Like others, I have read some of AFC Chat regarding Scott Wright and much of it is absolutely disgraceful and appears the product of the criminally insane. Ryan Jack was subjected to much the same and was attacked in a bar whilst out with his wife.
They really are deluded, inbred, trivial yokels.
Come on Ryan and Scott, let's bury these smiley vermin next season.

He'll be glad of it since it means the bedsheets are getting made about someone else. Anything to take heat off him, same as his wee pal at the piggery. Was the same with the accusations on the other teams covid regs last week.

Aberdeen fans must just stop and ask themselves 'if you were a half decent player, would you turn down a move to play under Steven Gerrard'?

Only a complete dumpling would turn it down.

Like others, I have read some of AFC Chat regarding Scott Wright and much of it is absolutely disgraceful and appears the product of the criminally insane. Ryan Jack was subjected to much the same and was attacked in a bar whilst out with his wife.
They really are deluded, inbred, trivial yokels.
Come on Ryan and Scott, let's bury these smiley vermin next season.
‘smiley’ vermin, Herr W?

A chance for the boy to show he remains professional, despite all the hate from that wee diddy teams support. hopefully with a decent performance or 2 against the scum.

Serious question, does anyone on here ever give Aberdeen a second thought? They (and Dundee Utd) had a very brief spell as the New Firm which to me was a factor of perhaps 2 of the best managers the game has seen in an era where there appeared to be a good few half decent Scots born players about the place.
Personally I would love the Scottish game to get back to a place where the 3rd/4th biggest clubs were capable of making more than a skid mark in Europe, it would be better for us all.
Since those days they have (for me) been a complete irrelevance.
Where were they wronged by Rangers that caused this "hate"?
The idea that they would expect a player to ever stay with them if the opportunity arose to make more of what is still a limited career outwith the riches of England is beyond me.
Rivals? I think not. An occasional nuisance? That is true.

Disgraceful of McInnes not to condemn this. By failing to do so, he is condoning it.

It’s just pathetic name called and plastic hard-man stuff, but nonetheless any manager should call this out for the despicable behaviour it is.

McInnes is a idiot. Obviously the Aberdeen support will give him stick so McInnes should be giving him a bit of support imo. He's still an Aberdeen player. Look when Jones had a pre contract with us scored and played a blinder against us at Rugby Park. At the end of the day Wright is still and Aberdeen player and they're thick fans don't understand that players want more than a top 4 finish and a few defeats in finals/semis. Horrible club with horrible fans

Aberdeen last won the League 1984–85

Aberdeen last won the Scottish Cup 1989-90

Rivals :oops:

Not even a condemnation. Get the lad down the road and away from that spineless tit and his caveman coaching pronto.
That’s what has annoyed me, no class or testicular fortitude to stand up and say the boy is getting stick, it’s expected but totally out of order. McInnes really is a complete muton molester

They should let the lad come here right away. He'll get abused every time he's seen on the streets in aberdeen.maybe worse. Let him come down to a bit of civilisation and start his real football career away from the hate and spite that aberdeen hold for us. Leave it all behind and start winning with us

The worst criticism they can realistically aim at Scott Wright is that of being a social climber.

They really are an utter disgrace and a cancer on Scottish football and Scottish society.

That’s what has annoyed me, no class or testicular fortitude to stand up and say the boy is getting stick, it’s expected but totally out of order. McInnes really is a complete muton molester
Uch apparently it's just panty wetting to expect the guy to condemn the actions of these trash and protect his own player.

Utterly irresponsible coming away with that.

In fact its worse, and could open the player up to all sorts of threat or indeed danger.

He is clearly trying to force our club’s hand to pay a fee/give them Ross to get the player now.
He has hung Scott Wright out to dry hoping that the lad will ask Rangers to take him now.

Comments from their fans are worse than anything. They are horrible comments. Even us and the tims don't even go far well most of us don't. Must be the f1cking water in Aberdeen

He could have said he wasn’t surprised and he could even understand it but some of it was disgraceful and completely out of order.

Back