Derek McInnes.

Orange Peel

Official Ticketer
Bullet dodged big time with this shyster.
After drawing with Hamilton, in a 1 minute interview, he said the Hamilton free kick which lead to the goal wasn't a free kick, then the header was offside and Hamilton scored from their first attempt at goal.
What could have been really doesn't bear thinking about.

After drawing with Hamilton, in a 1 minute interview, he said the Hamilton free kick which lead to the goal wasn't a free kick, then the header was offside and Hamilton scored from their first attempt at goal.
What strikes me about him is he always looks for a decision that went against his team . He never reflects about his team selection or tactics.

That was actually what I was getting at mate but forgot to include it.
Never his fault.
He does it to mask his lack of ability.

We're talking about someone who has been in the job for 6/7 years and he hasn't improved the style or tactics of his team in all that time. What does he do in training? He's bereft of ideas.

Last edited:
Classless tramp who wouldn't even give his wife any marks in the sack never mind praise any team he ever plays against looks another deranged person who another bad result could see him with his P45 a shave an a good wash would go along way to make him look clean well glad that he never took up the job with greatest club team in the world will end up in the dregs of some English 2nd or 3 Rd mob WATP

I will hold my hand up and say I wanted him to get the job. I based that not on me thinking he was a great manager(certainly isn't) but on that he may be marginally better than some of the previous occupants of the post-textbook relativity I suppose. Compared to Murty he may be ok compared to Gerrard he is dug sh#te.

He has one way of playing and it’s tactic less , but it’s why he’s had some success against us - just man marking - everyone knows there job mark the man , kick the man etc difference now is we move the ball too quickly and our players are skillful on a one to one . Dave king has done everything for us but had he got mcinnes his legacy would’ve been endangered

I don't think he will get the same free ride from this guy cormack that he did with milne. He seems to be a forward looking chairman and wants the sheep to be a challenging for trophies, not going to happen with mcinnes. I am glad he shit the bed about coming to Ibrox.

I went on AFC Chat last night for a laugh and there is a McInnes thread that's been going since 2015 and they've been wanting rid of him the entire thread, apart from a few pages on December 2017 when he knocked us back and he became a legend

Then they quickly went back to wanting rid of him

I for one actually spoke up in support for his appointment, desperate at the time for some stability. all I can say is thank %^*& it didn’t happen, as we really landed on our feet with SG and I also think we are on the verge of utter dominance.

I don't think he is the complete demon as being portrayed on here. I saw it coming when he took the job a Pittodire. I was gutted. He is a Rangers man operating in enemy territory. It's his job which he is doing to the best of his ability. Many people have commented for example John Brown, you would never have believed he was a Rangers man because of the way he played against us. Indeed Alex McLeish got similar comments when he was at Hibs. I like everyone else will be eternally grateful he never took the job at Ibrox. Maybe deep down he knew he was not up to it. I was one who didn't want him anywhere near Ibrox, basically because he is old school and that's wasn't what we needed at the time. Bullet dodged I do agree.

You can see why from that he shat it. We would never stand for such shite and he knows it. At least he knows his limits, as I understand it a few of their fans want him out now, all the shite about them winning trophies when we came back up and all they did was bend over for them!

Sums aberdeen up had a chance to go a point within the mentally challengeds and give themselves a shot at catching them in the battle for the 2nd CL slot and shat it

I went on AFC Chat last night for a laugh and there is a McInnes thread that's been going since 2015 and they've been wanting rid of him the entire thread, apart from a few pages on December 2017 when he knocked us back and he became a legend

I could see Lennon there, he is a perfect fit for the scummy sheep up there.

Aye McInnes and his mentally challenged sidekick are a pair of overrated twats and bang average at best

I’m sure Ryan Hedges will be telling anyone who gives a phuck that the Sheep were the best team and deserved all 3 points :)

At the time, I could understand the club pursuing him to be manager and I didn't really have a problem with it. However, I didn't want his assistant anywhere near us and was horrified at the prospect. Gerrard's appointment was a masterstroke whatever way you want to look at it.

The OP hs found the rarest of items- a Derek McInnes interview where he doesn't talks about how good Celtic are.
Exactly Coop, always an excuse for every team except that mob who “spook” their defenders with their attacking prowess or coming at them like “caged animals”. Vomit inducing.

He is the consummate master of mediocrity. How he still has a job up there is a complete mystery because the sheep fans hate him almost to a man.

They refer to their own Manager as “The Hun f**k*

Classy support.

They'll finish 3rd again, they'll have a decent Scottish Cup run again, they'll think they've had a good season again. That's his standard and that's the sheep's standard

What strikes me about him is he always looks for a decision that went against his team . He never reflects about his team selection or tactics.

Unless it's Celtic they're playing, at which point all he can talk about is how spooked and awed his team were by them.

Guy is a busted flush. A coward who has found a level and has no desire to progress, or innovate, or try anything new.

Well he blamed his injuries when we grubbed them but couldn’t use that excuse against Hamilton because they also have a lot of injuries. He obviously had to refer to his encyclopaedia of excuses for not winning that game.

Hindsight is a obviously great thing but it’s quite clearly a bullet dodged.

However, we can’t be too harsh on those that wanted Mcinnes, he was a better option than what we had at the time. We were desperate For someone who even remotely resembled a manager.

thankfully we held on and got a hungry new young manager with a board that would back him. It’s weird how things work out but McInnes not being up to it will prove to be one of the best acts of cowardice in our history.

I was delighted he pulled out of joining us. I have no doubt that if he did become our manager we would have already had a replacement in for him and no further forward in terms of progression on and off the park. He would've been the Scottish version of Caixinha.

I admit was also behind the appointment but for the main reason that anything would have been an improvement after Pedro & Murty, plus the other names mentioned didn't sound too appealing. Glad to have been proved wrong however and well done to the board for being able to think outside the box & go for Gerrard.

Even after this time I still cant get my head round why he would turn the job down. All his managerial career surely his main ambition would be to play for the club he supported & played for. Penny for his thoughts today, getting dogs abuse from the Sheep while we march on through another Europa campaign & sitting pretty at the top of the league.

Any draw / loss the excuses are wheeled out and his players say they were the better team after getting pumped. Better team? For launching it long a couple a times and actually getting a shot away o_Oo_O They're as deluded as the tims.

I will hold my hand up and say I wanted him to get the job. I based that not on me thinking he was a great manager(certainly isn't) but on that he may be marginally better than some of the previous occupants of the post-textbook relativity I suppose. Compared to Murty he may be ok compared to Gerrard he is dug sh#te.
I know what you mean mate, i was the same as he was a safe pair of hands at the time with the state we were in,was either him or murty after the pedro disaster. Appointing gerrard was a massive risk but we would be nowhere near where we are now under McInnes, so glad he knocked it back

They only managed 3 shots on target against a team we scored 8 against a couple of weeks ago. Probably just had some bad luck with some deflections

He does it to mask his lack of ability.

We're talk about someone who has been in the job for 6/7 years and he hasn't improved the style or tactics of his team in all that time. What does he do in training? He's bereft of ideas.

That is a fantastic point, all those years and its the same huff and puff style of football. A decent manager would have at least identified a style that would be different from their usual Highland league tactics!

I admit was also behind the appointment but for the main reason that anything would have been an improvement after Pedro & Murty, plus the other names mentioned didn't sound too appealing. Glad to have been proved wrong however and well done to the board for being able to think outside the box & go for Gerrard.

Even after this time I still cant get my head round why he would turn the job down. All his managerial career surely his main ambition would be to play for the club he supported & played for. Penny for his thoughts today, getting dogs abuse from the Sheep while we march on through another Europa campaign & sitting pretty at the top of the league.

Sounds like Sherbrook Loyal’s post above is the answer ?

I didn’t want him but I could see why he seemed to be the obvious option. In lieu of not seeing any other credible alternatives I was accepting of it. As others have said, he would have undoubtedly given us a stability we were probably craving at the time. Who knows what would have happened. I don’t think it would be a stretch to say he might have been able to win a league cup before now. That would have been it though, we’d have stagnated quickly. No scintillating football, no complete overhaul of the playing side and facilities. No quality European nights taken as a rule rather than an exception.
Thank feck eh? I’ll always have a lot of time for McInnes for turning down the job. He played his part in setting us on our way :D

I agree we certainly wouldn't be marching through any campaign or sitting pretty anywhere with that buffoon in charge. Bullet well and truly dodged.

Back