Derek McInnes.

I can honestly say I was one of the fans who didn’t want him anywhere near us , however I had no answer to who else we could have got. I’m glad the club held off till right man became available

Bullet dodged big time with this shyster.
After drawing with Hamilton, in a 1 minute interview, he said the Hamilton free kick which lead to the goal wasn't a free kick, then the header was offside and Hamilton scored from their first attempt at goal.
What could have been really doesn't bear thinking about.
Out of curiosity was he correct regarding the free kick and offside goal?

He does it to mask his lack of ability.

We're talk about someone who has been in the job for 6/7 years and he hasn't improved the style or tactics of his team in all that time. What does he do in training? He's bereft of ideas.
He keeps a team with no ambition in the top six, as long as he does that he stays in a job. Had he taken the Rangers or Sunderland jobs, he would have been out of work within months.

I would have taken him at the time, purely because I was desperate for us to be harder to beat and couldn't see a better option.

I was clearly wrong on that, by some distance. It turns out a youth team manager with a year or so experience taking on his first job and having to massively overhaul not only a squad of players but a cloud of fear that had been hanging over the club since Warburton took Senderos and Kiernan to NonceDome would do a much, much better job.

I was hoping he would be a kind of Walter Smith lite type figure when in fact he would have been a Warburton lite. Only has one way to play and one way to react to a bad result.

A total imposter of a man and he is in his ideal job. Pandering to people who will never accept him or praise him. Sheep playbook 101:

1. Get a good manager
  2. Manager has a Rangers background and does a good job
  3. cant be happy because successful manager has Rangers connection
  4. agitate until change of manager
  5. Change manager to token tim/alkie choochter/foreigner
  6. fight relegation for 10-15 years
  7. Repeat step 5 for duration of step 6
  8. back to step 1

Must be some existence being a sheep fan.

I can honestly say I was one of the fans who didn’t want him anywhere near us , however I had no answer to who else we could have got. I’m glad the club held off till right man became available
Likewise, I didn't want another overseas manager either. Steven Gerrard came like a bolt out of the blue. We won a watch that day.

His mantra is along the lines of:

Never a penalty
Never a goal
Scored on their only shot on goal
My team was fantastic (even when they lose)
Very soft penalty (eg Considine on Balogun)
Covid's fault
Never his fault

And this cnut played for us during our 9 in a row era?
Unbelievable!

What strikes me about him is he always looks for a decision that went against his team . He never reflects about his team selection or tactics.
It's an age old manager tactic called deflection from the real issue. This wee fud has been practicing it for years. Jim Jeffries was another who mastered it.

After drawing with Hamilton, in a 1 minute interview, he said the Hamilton free kick which lead to the goal wasn't a free kick, then the header was offside and Hamilton scored from their first attempt at goal.
He's a hairy faced prick

Can’t believe he pulled on the jersey for us. More suited to that mob across the city. Now there’s a thought.

We thankfully dodged a major bullet here!!

God knows where we would have been with this clown at the helm,doesnt bare thinking about actually as the thought gives me the absolute fear

Just start a thread up every time Aberdeen have a bad result is it? I wouldn’t be giving him the time of day.
I'm surprised we even considered him in the first place and I'm glad we persisted with Nutty instead, he'd have set us back,no doubt about it.

Classless tramp who wouldn't even give his wife any marks in the sack never mind praise any team he ever plays against looks another deranged person who another bad result could see him with his P45 a shave an a good wash would go along way to make him look clean well glad that he never took up the job with greatest club team in the world will end up in the dregs of some English 2nd or 3 Rd mob WATP

I’m very happy he didn’t come to us.Guy is an absolute banger.He has an excuse for everything.Funny he doesn’t seem to do much griping after their usual defeat to the wretches.I don’t know why I dislike him so much.He is a nonentity but rubs me up the wrong way.

I’m very happy he didn’t come to us.Guy is an absolute banger.He has an excuse for everything.Funny he doesn’t seem to do much griping after their usual defeat to the wretches.I don’t know why I dislike him so much.He is a nonentity but rubs me up the wrong way.

He just doesn’t exist to me AD. A total nonentity.

And the SFA must agree with me, given that they totally ignored the sectarian abuse the scum subjected him to and the SFA did nowt LOL

He's got a job at Aberdeen for life, knocked us back which obviously delights their fans no end, and as long as he takes the odd point off us here and there that's as high as their aspirations go.

Nothing club, pish manager. Great fit.

He does it to mask his lack of ability.

We're talking about someone who has been in the job for 6/7 years and he hasn't improved the style or tactics of his team in all that time. What does he do in training? He's bereft of ideas.
Most managers eventually get left behind but as you say McInnes has at no point given the impression that he is growing or learning. He has failed in England and has found his level in Scotland. I’m sure if he is honest he regrets rejecting Rangers. He shouldn’t have been given the chance, he was, then he blew it. The biggest mistake of his limited career.

Out of curiosity was he correct regarding the free kick and offside goal?
Just watched it again mate, was soft but it was a silly foul. The sheep defender had his full hand over the Hamilton player's face.
Greeting arsehole.

When covid is over we should invite his mistress to Ibrox as a guest to thank her for causing his move to breakdown

He’s a stick on for the next time the Scotland job comes up such are the ambitions and foresight of the SFA.

I'm surprised we even considered him in the first place and I'm glad we persisted with Nutty instead, he'd have set us back,no doubt about it.
We were flailing around after the utter shitshow that was the Pedro debacle and in lieu of anyone else credible being mentioned, McInnes, who was doing a solid if unspectacular job at Pittodrie, began to look like a safe pair of hands.

I think we all knew it wouldn’t be particularly brilliant, but it surely couldn’t be any worse.

An ex Rangers player schooled under Walter and given a bigger budget? I still think he’d have gotten us winning again, possibly even won a cup, cemented a solid second place in the league, but he’d almost certainly still be spooked by the Beasts and you can forget about ever qualifying for the Europa League.

In fact, had we appointed him back then - around this time three years ago - I think we’d already be looking for a replacement.

He would have been a massive mistake. No doubt about it. Im just grateful he realised he would be miles out of his depth with us, he was absolutely correct.

We were flailing around after the utter shitshow that was the Pedro debacle and in lieu of anyone else credible being mentioned, McInnes, who was doing a solid if unspectacular job at Pittodrie, began to look like a safe pair of hands.

I think we all knew it wouldn’t be particularly brilliant, but it surely couldn’t be any worse.

An ex Rangers player schooled under Walter and given a bigger budget? I still think he’d have gotten us winning again, possibly even won a cup, cemented a solid second place in the league, but he’d almost certainly still be spooked by the Beasts and you can forget about ever qualifying for the Europa League.

In fact, had we appointed him back then - around this time three years ago - I think we’d already be looking for a replacement.
We would have replaced him, and the new guy would have needed millions to replace the duds McInnes signed

We would be no further forward than when he joined. Gerrard, when he goes, will leave us a great squad full of confident players

Excuses, excuses, excuses.
An embarrassment of a manager.
Surely the sheep support must be seeing it the same.

Last edited:
Back