Derek Parlane Q&A Highlights

Craigie

RYDC hosted a Twitter Q&A with Rangers legend Derek Parlane this week.

The King of Ibrox Park and Rangers Hall of Famer won three league titles, three Scottish Cups, three League Cups and was part of the 1972 Cup Winners’ Cup winning Rangers squad during his spell in Light Blue.

He was delighted to take a trip down Memory Lane with supporters and here are the highlights of his session…

The King of Ibrox Park and Rangers Hall of Famer won three league titles, three Scottish Cups, three League Cups and was part of the 1972 Cup Winners’ Cup winning Rangers squad during his spell in Light Blue.

He was delighted to take a trip down Memory Lane with supporters and here are the highlights of his session…

Wonderful!

First Rangers player I idolized
Same for me, and he figures prominently in my earlier Rangers memories. Dave Smith goes on our bus and is often reminded that DP was my first footballing idol lol.

A few of us were at the bar with DS & DP and well into the bevvy at a supporters dinner a good few years ago. From the charity auction, we got the opportunity to take a couple of penalties at half time at Ibrox. Was not quite drunk enough to go for it until DP said it was a must, reeled off tales of his favourite goals and couldn't believe I had to think about it. Top man, a couple of us went for it, loved it and it is the 2nd best Gers charity purchase I ever made.

The best money spent at any time in my life was in the 90s, a table for lunch in the Argyle suite with Jim Baxter. Took my late Dad down to Ibrox to meet his own idol and hero, the great JB. After lunch we got a personal stadium tour from him. Sorry for de-railing a bit, but it really is awesome being a bear :))

Really enjoyed that.

Cheers @Craigie.

What a class act! Remember near Xmas when we were learning Carols at my primary school assembly and all the boys singing The First Noel (Parlane version) Happy Days!

Enjoyed that. Met Derek in The Louden a couple of years back. A proper gentleman and Rangers through and through.
He is a credit to the Club.

Back