Derek ParlaneIbrox Bar - Benidorm 08th Oct

rfcjonnya

This Sunday the 8th of October the Ibrox bar - Benidorm proudly presents a night with Derek Parlane.

It is a non-ticket event so if anyone is in the area and is bored this international weekend come along and support the pub. Even if you are not in the area book up and come have a party with the Glassy loyal.

‘You’ll know us by our noise’

Was lucky enough to see him do his thing at a recent function.. Let's just say you won't be disappointed if you manage to go. .. The King..

One of my many heroes in that team was always sad to see the guy leave,still had much to offer,will always remember the two Derek's,how we could be doing with those guys.

Scored both goals in the first game I attended. Scottish cup semi against Ayr.

Needless to say the equaliser against the dhims in the 1973 Cup Final is an abiding memory for me. I was perfectly positioned near the front of the Mount Florida end (not quite behind the goal but to the right) to witness Alex Macdonald's perfect cross beuatifully met by Derek's napper. At that point I was convinced we would go on and win it.

Fumnnily enough we had positioned ourselves towards the rear of Mount Florida but 'involuntarily' ended up near the front (actually on the pitch at one point as the polis tried to even the crowd out on the terraces). Who know what the real attendance figure was that day witnessing the King's fine header.

He's the leader of the team

The greatest centre forward that the world has ever seen

He's always there or thereabouts......

Feel free to join in:)

To score the vital goal.
And as for Jimmy Johnstone. .....

Scored both goals in the first game I attended. Scottish cup semi against Ayr.

You went with a pal from school and his dad. Schoolboys enclosure. You remember absolutely nothing about the game. You just remember being in awe of the size of the pitch / stadium.

:D :D :D

Needless to say the equaliser against the dhims in the 1973 Cup Final is an abiding memory for me. I was perfectly positioned near the front of the Mount Florida end (not quite behind the goal but to the right) to witness Alex Macdonald's perfect cross beuatifully met by Derek's napper. At that point I was convinced we would go on and win it.

Fumnnily enough we had positioned ourselves towards the rear of Mount Florida but 'involuntarily' ended up near the front (actually on the pitch at one point as the polis tried to even the crowd out on the terraces). Who know what the real attendance figure was that day witnessing the King's fine header.

Always wondered who won the toss that day and turned the teams round. JG and McNeill knew how it worked so it seemed strange.

Biggest crowd iv ever been in and downright dangerous. I fell at every goal and I was manky at the end. Dust in my ears and nose. Don't care what the official attendance was. The turnstile guys were taking bungs and it was way over capacity.

A very good player for Rangers and one that I was sad to see leave.
Always acts like a Ranger,and as we all know that isn't the case with some.
Enjoy your night with the King of Ibrox Park.

Always wondered who won the toss that day and turned the teams round. JG and McNeill knew how it worked so it seemed strange.

Biggest crowd iv ever been in and downright dangerous. I fell at every goal and I was manky at the end. Dust in my ears and nose. Don't care what the official attendance was. The turnstile guys were taking bungs and it was way over capacity.
I went for a piss halfway through the first half when l got back it looked as if l had been down the pit auld stories hampden

Met the King at a function a few months ago, he was an absolute gent, one of my all time heroes, anybody who goes along to this won't be disappointed, Dereks got some great stories from the great Rangers team of the 70s, a true blue if ever there was one, legend.

Met him in the LHRSC a couple of months ago. Great stories, went round all the tables, spent time with everyone, and gave us a song at the end.

Brilliant on the park, and off.

Back