Derry's Walls to the tune of Amazing Grace

somervillain

Official Ticketer
One for those of a certain vintage. Was watching a clip on youtube of bears singing this back in the day. Was it ever sung regularly? If so, was there a particular reason it stopped?

Would be good to dust it off when fans are allowed back in.

And yes, I get that some folk don't like the Tartan Army/SFA.

As a bear in my 30s I have never heard this being sung in the stadium apart from a couple of times the blue order tried to bring it back years ago.

Hovever in the Jean armour pub that used to sit next to crossmyloof train station it was belted out like that after we won the league on the last day of the season in 2003. As a 16 year old bear it really stands out from that day and I wish a full Ibrox would sing it.

Was magic when the guys stared banging the big covered pool table before belting out the faster version... That was some day.

It's not one for in the ground for me.

It's far too slow and that's not what gets the crowd going and makes the team push on.

It's comes over like that version of "Oh when the Spurs go marching in..." at The Tottenham Stadium.

It's maybe nice as a piece of music on a video montage. Absolutely drags the atmoshpere down in the ground though.

There was a youtube video of the 72 ECWC 2-0 win over Bayern, the one with German commentator, and you hear it being sung at that match.

It's not one for in the ground for me.

It's far too slow and that's not what gets the crowd going and makes the team push on.

It's comes over like that version of "Oh when the Spurs go marching in..." at The Tottenham Stadium.

It's maybe nice as a piece of music on a video montage. Absolutely drags the atmoshpere down in the ground though.
Agree with the Tottenham part here.

Think the Amazing Grace version would be good as a build up so everyone is ready to switch over to the fast version.

Re-watched the clip of the Bayern 72 game and the crowd are struggling to reach the high notes. Needs to be sung in a lower key.

I’m sure the union bears tried it a few times as well - they were fine but the rest of the stadium always seem to be in a rush to finish a song.
Was sung regularly in The Blue Order and Union Bears.

Ibrox seems to want to sing everything at the soeed of the 90's Ibrox megamix that used to belt out over thr tannoy pre match

Back