Derrys Walls

Maybe this older Bear is being pedantic, but I genuinely wish our supporters would sing the correct words to the song:

"King James and all his rebel band came up to Bishops Gate
With heart and hand and sword and shield, we forced them to retreat".

How the wrong words to that second line above came to be altered to "we'll guard old Derry's walls" by so many Bears over the past 20 years astounds me.

Maybe this older Bear is being pedantic, but I genuinely wish our supporters would sing the correct words to the song:

How the wrong words to that second line above came to be altered to "we'll guard old Derry's walls" by so many Bears over the past 20 years astounds me.

I suppose it would have been fitting for Hagi to hear the words, 'God bless the hand that broke the boom, and saved the Aprentice boys!' too! :))

FBS

Guaranteed the minute we sing those lyrics FARE and the snp will go after it.
When a full Ibrox sings it I get goosebumps.

I mind watching an old rangers video, I’m sure it was an old documentary about the club and the rangers pools etc and in one of the clips, we were playing the filth at Ibrox and the crowd was singing Derry’s walls, but it sounded amazing and slightly slower than the way we sing it now. The way the songs were sung back in the day would be very welcome back IMO. A lot of heart was put into them, same as it is now but there’s something heartwarming and inspiring about the way the old crowds did it back then!

Back