Devlin

Really strange why this character didn't get a yellow for persistent fouling in first half. Makes me wonder if there is a connection with the referee. Same school? Worship at the same Chapel of abuse? Or maybe members of the same celtic supporters club. Far too many fouls to get away without a booking. Something stinks about these two

Devlin seems to be a narky wee b**tard who fouled constantly and our brave Scottish referee let him away with it. Finally booked after about 17 fouls.

They got away with fcki g murder today appalling refereeing

Reactions: kay
If that had been at the San Giro with Dhon refereeing, he would have been off after about 20 minutes. He was spoken to about three times, but continued to foul and dive with no punishment. He was also allowed a couple of rugby tackles which missed with no punishment. Hopefully he will get smashed by one of the hammer throwing teams.

He should have received a second yellow for a foul on half way in the second half. Not long after that the tried to foul Kamara and as Kamara got away Devlin tried to trip him with his hand, another yellow.

The last time I saw a player get away with so much was the big Sheep striker a couple of years ago. He must have something on that idiot of a ref.

On a side note. Is it just me or should the guy Devlin have been sent off? I lost count of the number of awful challenges and the ref let them go.
Was he number 14.
He tried to drag down Kamara twice and got away with it.
Commented at match that perhaps rule had changed that if u play advantage you don’t get booked anymore

I couldn't believe the amount he was getting away with. Honestly must've had double figures for fouls including 2-3 that could've been bookings on their own. Fucking shambles he wasn't booked sooner!

Boyce was another one getting away with murder.

Robertson and his assistants let this little prick away with far too many bookable offences

The shirt pulling was outrageous and the one he tried to grab Kamaras ankle with his hand and still no card was pathetic and Robertson is a cheating bastard

Booking Devlin for dissent was a farce. He should have been off the park

Robertson and his assistants let this little prick away with far too many bookable offences

The shirt pulling was outrageous and the one he tried to grab Kamaras ankle with his hand and still no card was pathetic and Robertson is a cheating bastard

He wasn’t booked for dissent it was for a late foul on Bacuna.

He was warned twice early doors before all of the above , Robertson was doing his bit to get his team back in the title race.

Was he number 14.
He tried to drag down Kamara twice and got away with it.
Commented at match that perhaps rule had changed that if u play advantage you don’t get booked anymore
That’s is correct. If it’s “stopping a promising attack” and advantage is played through you don’t get booked which I think applied to two or three of them yesterday.

If it’s reckless though it should still be a yellow regardless.

The ref crapped himself at the last few seconds He blew the whistle slightly early just as we were about to lob the ball into the box.
I noticed this too. Was 93:55 roughly, Barasic has the ball ready to cross into the box and he blew the whistle.

After all the recent faux-outrage regarding Porteous being red-carded, there was no way another card was being produced at Ibrox for the opposition.

Just a few thoughts

a) the Boyce penalty claim was never a penalty. Boyce leaned into Balogun before going down.
b) the Aribo 'red card'. Seen them given but would have been extremely harsh. Aribo went to play the ball and the Hearts player arrived very quickly and got there first. I don't think Aribo even saw him. Foul - yes, Red card - no.
c) Our claim for a hand ball - didn't see enough of it so can't claim it.

I thought that during the first half stramash (thanks, Archie or Arthur?), Balogun was pushed by a Hearts defender and was on his way down, otherwise he would have got better contact on the ball. Possibly not but a stronger claim than the Boyce one.

Devlin - is he the referee's bastard son? Not only the fouls that were awarded, there were a number not given, and also a few where the referee played advantage but didn't go back to book or even talk to him.
I see we got 4 bookings for 11 fouls. I bet the Scum figures were far more generous than that.

Also the referee blowing early, yet compare the number of times they allow play to continue when the other team are attacking, yet only blow
when the attack breaks down.

On a side note. Is it just me or should the guy Devlin have been sent off? I lost count of the number of awful challenges and the ref let them go.
I would think jersey pulling must be part of their training regime as continuously through the game it happened to us. Their the only team I have seen that all bar the goalie pulled our strips, and as usual the Ref ignored it, just on this alone their could have been ten bookings.

Thought the ref was really poor today. Played advantage when Hearts players were constantly shirt pulling but never went back and booked them bar one I think

I’ve met a few Devlins in my time and every single one of them have been bitter Rangers hating rhats.
This one is clearly no different to any other Devlin

Back