DFDS internet package - Rangers related

Murray the Bear

Just realised I'll be on the Amsterdam-Newcastle ferry the evening of our Aberdeen home game on 27 October. They offer Internet for 17 euros, anyone ever used it, good enough to watch RTV ?

Whatever you do don’t connect to the maritime WiFi !
I done this heading back over from Holland to Hull a few years ago tethered my phone to it and connected my iPad for a couple of hours and got off the ferry the next day and got a call from Vodafone as I had ran up a £2800.00 bill, I was only on you tube killing time as she (no photos) was sea sick and wouldn’t leave the cabin room. It still pisses me off as I had to pay it straight away or Vodafone we’re going to shut down my account and I had around 16 staff with company phones !

I usually connect to the wifi on the belfast ferry (free for 20 mins at a time) and its good enough to use youtube...

If that's any help to you...

Whatever you do don’t connect to the maritime WiFi !
I done this heading back over from Holland to Hull a few years ago tethered my phone to it and connected my iPad for a couple of hours and got off the ferry the next day and got a call from Vodafone as I had ran up a £2800.00 bill, I was only on you tube killing time as she (no photos) was sea sick and wouldn’t leave the cabin room. It still pisses me off as I had to pay it straight away or Vodafone we’re going to shut down my account and I had around 16 staff with company phones !
Yes, almost got caught out a few years back until we worked out how it operated, panicked and switched phones off....some fairly inane phone usage run up a £40 bill. To be fair they highlight this on their customer info on the website and I think theres a £45 cap, not sure how that works though. Hence the query about the game...better the 17euros for a couple hours. Haven't listened to Rangers audio yet, it must be like time travelling back to the 1970's :rolleyes:
Poor communications for the 21 C though but I suppose when every passenger lives inside their phone we should be grateful for a service at all, though DFDS hardly sail the Pacific.

Back