DHL want €47 as import duty and vat for Champions top.

Yet I buy stuff from the USA all the time with no issues.

The EU wants this stuff to be annoying - to teach us a lesson/ discourage others from leaving.
I’ve bought a few sports things from the US and Canada and most times I’ve had no issues. But twice I’ve had to pay import duties. So, these days it has to be something I really want, can’t get here at all, and preferably in a sale - to offset the risk of duty making me cop an expensive one.

Import duties and vat is fine, I don't mind that.

It's when it's close to 50% of the total product value because of laziness in the senders part not declaring the paperwork correctly that I find shocking.

A lot of Bears in North America are getting gouged on duties and taxes for the Champions top, by DHL though it seems. One in a group chat that I'm in contacted Castore as he prepaid his fees but DHL asked him to pay again. Castore are refunding him what he has to pay to DHL.

I didn't prepay mine and DHL asked for CA$87.45. I went back to the store as if I was placing the same order again, and if I did prepay, the amount would be about CA$66. The difference is DHL fees, so that's on me.

I'm more bothered that a top that equates to around CA$94 is being sold by Castore for CA$125.

Your phone call will cost a bomb too the bastard's lost one of my packages called them over 10times cost me 8 quid a call they are useless
Just got the text this morning saying it'll be out for delivery today but I need to pay 47 quid first, rang DHL and they've said there was no declaration with the package so customs have had to estimate.

No declaration paperwork is an absolute joke from Castore. I'm in the EU.

Doesn't help that Castore literally don't answer emails.

It depends on what Castore are doing with delivery terms and EU VAT registrations. Part of the problem is the price is inclusive of UK VAT and then you’re potentially paying customs duty on top and VAT in your member state (which is what the DHL charge is).

Pre-Brexit, you wouldn’t have had to pay the customs duty or the local VAT on top, but obviously the rules have changed now we’re out the customs Union.

Basically, Castore need to think about how they’re fulfilling online sale to the EU and pick a member state to register for VAT in, otherwise it’s going to continue costing people a fortune.

Or deduct VAT from the price that EU residents pay for their order on the basis that they'll pay the equivalent in local tax on delivery?

I bought a 55 bucket hat. It cost me 20 quid + 20 quid shipping etc. then I got dinged for $28 50 tax & duty. So, my Rangers hat cost me $100, and it doesn't fit, being far too big.

I am thinking of putting it into a glass case. This is Canada and not the EU as well.

Think you're using a Seville calculator there bud

A lot of Bears in North America are getting gouged on duties and taxes for the Champions top, by DHL though it seems. One in a group chat that I'm in contacted Castore as he prepaid his fees but DHL asked him to pay again. Castore are refunding him what he has to pay to DHL.

I didn't prepay mine and DHL asked for CA$87.45. I went back to the store as if I was placing the same order again, and if I did prepay, the amount would be about CA$66. The difference is DHL fees, so that's on me.

I'm more bothered that a top that equates to around CA$94 is being sold by Castore for CA$125.

I'm in Florida and got an Email from DHL saying my top is to be delivered this Tuesday, but I don't see anything about any extra charge.
I took the no signature needed option just in case.

Come to think of it, I've had a few club shirts and things delivered here, and to my kid in Minnesota from them recently, and they've never asked for a dime (even got about $300 of groceries from a place in England in December, paid the shipping which was really not much for what I got and that was it).
Feck knows how they're working out who gets to pay what.

Fray Bentos Loyal.

I chose the option of pre paying $48 for duty and tax shipped to Canada and DHL still want another $68. Thats more than the top cost.
I have not stopped getting notifications from an automated DHL number. Today I got a real text saying "Pay Online Your Duty DHL" for a random number but they wouldn't respond to me. I have yet to pay the $68 CDN, solely on principle. I believe my order may be getting sent back to Castore because I got a notification saying "Refused to Accept Package" in my DHL email

I have not stopped getting notifications from an automated DHL number. Today I got a real text saying "Pay Online Your Duty DHL" for a random number but they wouldn't respond to me. I have yet to pay the $68 CDN, solely on principle. I believe my order may be getting sent back to Castore because I got a notification saying "Refused to Accept Package" in my DHL email
I emailed the Rangers shop and they refunded me $68 to pay DHL because they forgot to mark duty already paid when they shipped it.

The Castore stuff looks great in general, but the fact that we are still having these issues almost a year into the contract is terrible. I cant wait until we move back to a traditional kit manufacturer. This is really basic stuff they are having issues with, and it must be costing them a fortune refunding people these fees.

FF looks great in general, but the fact that we are still having these issues almost a year into the contract is terrible. I cant wait until we move back to a traditional kit manufacturer. This is really basic stuff they are having issues with, and it must be costing them a f

Also, as a global club, its very complicated to our fans overseas to get Gers merchandise now. With Umbro, Puma and Hummel I bought official material pretty easy here in south America. Now its impossible to find official gear around here.

I ordered a Dortmund top from Germany a couple weeks ago. Arrived today by DHL with no tax etc to be paid before it was delivered.

Back