Diallo

donka

Thoughts on his performance today?
I thought, header aside, he had a good showing today and was one of our more influential players. Tracking back and getting stuck in without any protection from the officials. Played a superb ball over the top for Kent too.
Would certainly be up for a loan next season too if an option as I can see him developing quite a bit with a run of games.

He hasn’t done enough to justify another deal.

If we are to win the league and go far in the cups, and Europe, then we need players to step up when the likes of Kent need rested. Or when injuries really take their toll on the squad.

We can’t ask the likes of Aribo and Kent to play time after time. The amount of running they do is outrageous. Players like Sakala and Diallo need to really step up to the plate to take the heat of the first 11, and they haven’t done that this season.

It is a real weakness in our squad.

I thought, header aside, he had a good showing today and was one of our more influential players. Tracking back and getting stuck in without any protection from the officials. Played a superb ball over the top for Kent too.
Would certainly be up for a loan next season too if an option as I can see him developing quite a bit with a run of games.
A nice option I suppose but wouldn't be building a front line around him

He‘s clearly a very talented player, if we had him permanently I would be certain we would develop him into a top player.

Im not sure taking him on loan is what we need, he is very much still learning the game

He's also older and been here longer, so is expected.
I'd keep Diallo as he will get better, like Bassey.
Diallo would likely be a 3rd or 4th choice next season, little point keeping him TBH, he’s unlikely to improve that much given the limited time we’d be able to give him

He done ok but when Scott Wright came on we looked far more dangerous. For me, I wouldn't be taking him on any longer but he's definitely got something about him. We need more consistency in our attacking players

I am not even really sure what type of player he is. I certainly wouldn't be extending his loan - he did have a really good game a couple of games back and there might be something in there but I'd very much rather Wright was played ahead of him and we just get a permanent signing in rather than him.

He did well in the first half. He lost the heid a wee bit in the second half and was rightly hooked off for that. Disappointing signing overall. We've seen flashes of what he's capable of but not enough. If it was a longer loan, I'd maybe be a bit more optimistic about his most recent cameos but I don't know if he'll be back next season.

Not good enough for me. Wright was far more direct than Amad when he came on 2nd half. We need better players than Amad.

Given the way he played against Hearts and Dundee United I was a bit disappointed with him today but good luck to the lad whatever he does next.

I'd 100% take him again next season, think Gio would aswell given he started today! The end of January wasn't the best time to bring him in, had he been signed in the summer and had a pre season it could have been so much different, clearly has talent

Hagi, Arfield and Wright can all play wide right before even considering we are likely to sign someone of more proven quality than Dialo to play there - it’s a problem position he’s not the answer to it next season
Hagi might not be fit for pre season, Arfield is aging and can't last 90mins. Diallo is a great addition to the squad. However , I think Man U new manager will want a look at him and he'll be used in EPL.

Don't think on what we've seen that he deserves another loan. Tav needs to babysit him on the right and it takes away from his attacking threat.

Wright was much better when he came on. Not done enough to get another season - hope he enjoyed his time with the famous.

Didn't do much wrong, didn't do much right. Might have won the only medal of his career today.

Hagi might not be fit for pre season, Arfield is aging and can't last 90mins. Diallo is a great addition to the squad. However , I think Man U new manager will want a look at him and he'll be used in EPL.
It’s still wages in that area TBH, Sakala likely stays and can be played there as well. He isn’t going to be first or second choice, it’s little benefit to either side.

You’ve just said the Man U manager likely gets him back which means at best we get him back late, which is just another negative TBH

I wouldn’t include him in an eleven from the Ibrox Louden to be honest. He looks like he should be playing with the under 15’s.

It’s still wages in that area TBH, Sakala likely stays and can be played there as well. He isn’t going to be first or second choice, it’s little benefit to either side.

You’ve just said the Man U manager likely gets him back which means at best we get him back late, which is just another negative TBH
You think we only need 2 players per position? This season has shown we need more depth. I'd take Diallo back if we get chance. You disagree that's fair enough

You think we only need 2 players per position? This season has shown we need more depth. I'd take Diallo back if we get chance. You disagree that's fair enough
I’ve made mention of 4 players we will have on our books next season who can play right before the likely chance we add another….

He was lively enough, but he should have scored and almost lost the plot and left us a man down. Thankfully Gio saw it and subbed him immediately.

He returns to Manchester with a medal. Who knows if more will follow or it will be the high point of his career.

And I've said Diallo is a better option than Arfield
Is he though? Based on what? It’s nothing more than projection at the moment TBH

Diallo might improve, likely will but he will need minutes and games to do that, he won’t get that with us next season. He needs time at a side competing at a far lower level than we are.

Arfield has been retained as a steady, trusted pro capable of coming in to a Cup Semi against the best domestic side we play and influencing the game, he’s still capable of that, he did it not that long ago

At a time when we were at our worst this season he (Arfield) was influencing games for us, Diallo hasn’t really shown himself close to being at that level at the moment

Based on evidence, no. Based on potential, yes. Could be like a player who needed a pre-season or a period to settle. A certain Scouse midfielder being an example.

However, if there’s much of a cost involved - no.

He was OK, I’d probably have pulled him in the hour regardless of the yellow. That being said, I don’t think that any loan player should start ahead of a bonafide one if they are fit to start .

I quite like him and he is a very good young footballer.
However, I thought he was fortunate to get a start today.
If he isn't here next season then it won't break my heart, if he is, then fine.
That is the best I can do.

The mistake with him was playing him at the piggery 2nd game in. Never recovered. Still think he could play a part next year but doubt it will happen.
That was far too much too soon & I think it dented his confidence for a while. All the reasons why you can't just throw youth into big games without bedding them in. I want to see him stay for next season. I think he's really getting to grips with what's needed now & will only get better. He was the best player on the park for the 1st half today.

I thought he did really well today. He’s matured a lot from only 6 months here. His effort and defensive work covering for Tav was tremendous, nothing like what you’d expect from a scrawny Man United loanee.

And as for some of his play - astounding. There was a touch in the 1st half from a Lundstram long ball that looked impossible to control. I couldn’t have repeated that if I had an eternity to try. That ball to Kent in the 2nd half should’ve won us the game. His talent is clear to see, and the questions over his heart have been answered.

Whether he extends with us or not, the guy will go far in the game. Best of luck to him if he doesn’t come back. It’s clear that he’s taken the club to heart. Even though he may have had only a minor impact with us, the charm of Rangers will live with him forever.

Back