Diallo

I thought he did ok today and he clearly has pace to burn,would be a good backup to have,had a couple of good chances as well

He’s a likeable wee guy and would flourish under us. Loan with option (emphasise ‘option’) ideal.

Our days of relying on EPL academy favours are over. We now have ex-head of the Ajax academy as our assistant manager ffs

If Man Utd ate sending him out on loan next season , then olde Ibrox would be the perfect place for that , for all 3 parties.

Thoughts on his performance today?
I thought, header aside, he had a good showing today and was one of our more influential players. Tracking back and getting stuck in without any protection from the officials. Played a superb ball over the top for Kent too.
Would certainly be up for a loan next season too if an option as I can see him developing quite a bit with a run of games.

Naw Naw Naw

If the deal is similar to what we have and he and man u are agreeable i would certainly think about it. This seasons experience has been invaluable . It would be a blow if we let him go and he was farmed out on another loan deal and was a revelation with his new club, all built on the experiences he has built on this season.

If theres an option to keep for another season I'd take it.

His tracking back was good today, needs to add final product, but if it's a cost effective option that lets us strenghten other positions then I'm all for it

He has two goals recently.

I also think the boy has become a man. He has a great first touch too.

I’d consider getting him back if we don’t buy a proper quality wide right player, but I would prefer us buying someone.

His quality has potential to be phenomenal, his work rate today was brilliant, he seems to love the club.

I genuinely reckon if we could get him on loan for a year or 2 we could have a superstar on our hands

6 weeks ago Scott Wright was pish. After today there's folk calling for him to get a Scotland Cap. For any player to succeed they need a run of games before they can be judged. This place is mental , we will never know how good Diallo is / or will be unless he comes back and is garunteed minutes.

Calvin Bassey is the prime example of someone coming out of nowhere and succeeding with a run of games no matter how big or little the occasion. He's tried and tested. Now folk want 50m for him.

I was pleased to see him go off to be honest.
The ball he played to Ryan Kent just before he was substituted was world class.
However, he just doesn’t contribute enough often enough.

One of the most polarising players. Feel that he won't progress into a starter next season so no point in keeping.

We've been looking for a RW FW option. Don't think he's good enough to become a regular the way Kent is.

Could very easily been sent off today which is way Gio hooked him.
Decent young prospect but back to Man U is my gut feeling.

He played well. That header is far from a sitter, absolutely smashed across and he did well to get the right side of the defender, a bit unlucky.

He’s done well the last few weeks, seems to be popular within the squad. If we can, id try get him for another year.
Agree with this.

The Aribo one was similar.

I saw him come back and stop the Hearts boy from crossing the ball and thought to myself, if he had been on Wednesday night Eintracht wouldn't have scored.

I would definitely take him for another season on loan if we could get him. He struggled with our game up here at first but I think he was settling in and the best was still to come from him.

You can actually see sn improvement in the lad.
Has talent and now added workrate

I’m 50/50 on him. The talent is clearly there but I’m not sure we can afford to indulge playing him to develop him for another team as he’s not a first XI starter as things stand just now. However if the summer window leaves us short in places then I’d be happy to keep him in the squad as cover, if the deal suited everyone. Remember how raw Kent was at first and now he’s one of the first names on the team sheet.

Hagi, Arfield and Wright can all play wide right before even considering we are likely to sign someone of more proven quality than Dialo to play there - it’s a problem position he’s not the answer to it next season
As was conclusively proved in the first half of the season, Hagi is not and never will be a right winger/wide right.

Arfield is not a regular starter and won't be next season. The one thing he has over the rest of our more defensive minded midfielders is that he can now and again get in behind defenders and get a shot off. Great squad player but not a regular going forward.

According to one of the mind numbing 'stats' I had the misfortune to read post Seville, through sunken and jaundiced eyes admittedly, Wright actually had less touches on Wednesday than Alan McGregor. Now he's a world beater because he scored against Hearts?

I'm taking nothing away from Wright and I sincerely hope the goal yesterday is the making of him, but there is no way he has more talent than the Diallo.

Last edited:
Yesterday was one of his better games.Just can't get my head around him being a £20m player.
He's young though and still to develop physically.Extend the loan by all means if possible but not a regular starter for me.

I thought, header aside, he had a good showing today and was one of our more influential players. Tracking back and getting stuck in without any protection from the officials. Played a superb ball over the top for Kent too.
Would certainly be up for a loan next season too if an option as I can see him developing quite a bit with a run of games.
Prefer Barry McKay

He’s clearly talented but has a lot of growing up to do. Could mature into a fine player! Wouldn’t be object to having him another year, neither would I be bothered if we didn’t

The time he has already spent with us will mean he is a far better player already. He’ll be far better equipped mentally now he has an idea what is required to be a Rangers player.

His genuine grief when JB passed was there for all to see, I think it took a bit of time but the kid gets us.

We’ve invested in part of his development so I would definitely be up for trying to get some return on that by asking United the question.

I thought he was good. He missed chances certainly but he busts a gut to arrive and score. We need more goals from the front three next season and I think he could really help.

He's still young and it takes time to settle at a new club harder when on loan during the winter transfer window. Man united wouldn't pay that fee if he was a average player. The last few games he's played I thought he was good and can score goals.

I’d happily have him, he has talent but I’d rather not have a loan. Don’t think he’ll make it at Man U so perhaps option to buy and sell on for Man U.

As was conclusively proved in the first half of the season, Hagi is not and never will be a right winger/wide right.

Arfield is not a regular starter and won't be next season. The one thing he has over the rest of our more defensive minded midfielders is that he can now and again get in behind defenders and get a shot off. Great squad player but not a regular going forward.

According to one of the mind numbing 'stats' I had the misfortune to read post Seville, through sunken and jaundiced eyes admittedly, Wright actually had less touches on Wednesday than Alan McGregor. Now he's a world beater because he scored against Hearts?

I'm taking nothing away from Wright and I sincerely hope the goal yesterday is the making of him, but there is no way he has more talent than the Diallo.
When Hagi starts wide he rarely actually plays “wide” like most players in that position he can go 8/10 which is generally asked of players playing there, he’s never just asked to hug the touchline

Arfield is a squad player, correct - it’s still a wage committed to a squad player capable of being a squad addition in that area

Wednesday night was a European Final…people need to stop judging players on that game TBH

Wright doesn’t have to be more talented than Dialo but he’s a committed wage to a player who in reality is a squad player, that’s all Diallo would be at the moment if retained another squad player rather than the answer in that area of the park, he’s not going to be someone who’d be backed or the answer to us playing 50 odd games there next season

I'd extend his loan if we get the chance. Young player with lots of talent. He's taking his time to settle but with a full pre season I have no doubt he'd be a useful asset.

We need to bring in someone be that can be an established starter in that wide right position along with Hagi & now Wright after good form from the end of the season.

I don’t see a reason why we should waste another year with a ‘project’ player like Diallo, when there is zero chance of making it a permanent deal at the end.

Shouldn’t even be a consideration to be honest.

Back