Did Bobby Madden get Morelos sent off?

You can sure if Bobby seen the chance to send someone in a blue jersey off hes gonna be screaming for it like an opposition fan. The guy should not be anywhere near refereeing he is our most biased official now that Thomson has retired there is a reason he is so popular with the press.

I am not saying the ref wasnt gonna send Alfie off anyway.

I was 3rd row from front today, on the same side as Morelos ran to celebrate the goal.

Very early it became apparent the referee was swithering what to do. Katic and Jack were talking with him, Borna looked worried.

I actually watched the ref as he walked about, hovering like a bad smell......then at one point he had his finger to the left ear obviously talking to someone.

Only now that I've seen Willie Vass photos did I notice Madden was 4th official.

Now, maybe I'm totally wrong but given how much Bobby enjoys sending off a Rangers player, and his previous with Freddo, surely hes not passed any comment nor opinion from the sideline!!???

You might be on to something here. I was at the game too and after initially looking like he was going to book Alfie, the ref seemed to change him mind after a few other players reasoned with him. Only for him to change his mind again as they headed back to the centre circle. It did seem like someone had said something in his ear.

Ref was weak all day so wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't his decision.

That was my first reaction too. The time between the goal, the incident and the card would leave me to believe Madden was in the earpiece of the Ref.
Also what part did madden have in the half-time melee? How convenient that the already booked instigator Donnelly escaped unpunished.
That was my first thought. The guy Donnelly was the one who raised his hands and escaped any kind of punishment. Just watched the full game back again and Donnelly again raises his hand to Greg Stewart and Donnelly unsurprisingly was the guy who came through the back of Greg Stewart for Borna’s free kick. He was penalised 4 times during the game Alfredo committed 3 fouls throughout the match.
And just as an aside Andy Walker commented on Alfredo on the 58 min saying he had to be careful because he was building up his foul count. The 58 minute was his second foul. Totally out of order trying to paint a picture of constant fouling from him when he had made two fouls.

Whats the normal number of offenses or fouls you can commit while on a yellow before you get a second?
How many fouls did Alfie commit between yellows?
He only committed three fouls in the entire game. He was booked for the third one.

Never have I witnessed the treatment Alfredo is subjected to. He is attacked from all angles in this corrupt wee country , whether it's the bias media , the wrong end invariably of 50/50 decisions , fellow "professionals" and the hostile fans of the wee diddy clubs . It's no wonder the guy let's off a wee bit of steam now and again , and personally , for a 22year old I think he handles it quite well....We love you Alfredo.... WATP

Funny you should mention Madden. I don't know if anyone noticed a few games ago can't remember who against, probably the last one he refereed involving us. He said something to Morelos just after the wee man scored. Morelos had that look of disbelief and anger about it. I actually thought he booked him. Something to do with his celebrating

I was 3rd row from front today, on the same side as Morelos ran to celebrate the goal.

Very early it became apparent the referee was swithering what to do. Katic and Jack were talking with him, Borna looked worried.

I actually watched the ref as he walked about, hovering like a bad smell......then at one point he had his finger to the left ear obviously talking to someone.

Only now that I've seen Willie Vass photos did I notice Madden was 4th official.

Now, maybe I'm totally wrong but given how much Bobby enjoys sending off a Rangers player, and his previous with Freddo, surely hes not passed any comment nor opinion from the sideline!!???
That’s the first thing I thought of at the time, the fourth official will have been involved.

The rules of football state....
“A player must be cautioned, even if the goal is disallowed, for:
gesturing or acting in a provocative, derisory or inflammatory way”
Question: Was the referee correct to caution Alfie?
Answer: yes, it’s clearly stated in the football rules.
Importantly, I think it was also appropriate for the referee to take into consideration the racist abuse being directed at Alfie, before cautioning him. The referee in this instance chose to ignore that and in some ways the racists won as it had the effect of getting Alfie sent off.
If that bunch of diddys were racially abusing Alfredo what were the Police doing about it? Secondly if they were why were the match stewards not informing the Police?

Racial abuse if it happened is a Police matter first and foremost. Any punishment from the SFA or Club should come after criminal proceedings.

He got a call from Andy Walker.

The same Bobby Madden who was hanging about Morelos and McKenna holding his ear piece waiting to send Morelos off up in Pitrodrie last year.
I was convinced then, he was waiting till someone was able to view replays of the incident before making his decision.
Similar thing happened today.
Wouldn’t trust the referees or the SFA.

I am certain he got a message.

He wasn't bothered at first.
Exactly. He wasn't arsed then finger goes to ear. I thought rule was 4th official couldn't influence a decision from viewing on a screen, which is only way Madden would have seen it given Alfie would have had his back to him. Unless it came from the linesman ?

It was a soft yellow too.
It's generally expected of a referee to tell a player when his next infringement will mean he's booked.
It's even stated in FIFAs rules that although it isn't something that must happen, they expect players to be told when they are close to a card.

We see it every week with the hammerthrowers getting their 'final warning'.
Again, Alfie is treated different and was given no indication he was facing a booking.

[/QUOTE
Maybe the club can ask for some CLARIFICATION, thats how it works doesn’t it?

Ryan Jack stayed the Robertson was desperate to send someone off, and we all know who he was waiting for.

Watching it back - seems as if this could be an explanation for the ref's delay / hesitancy

He isn't in the best position to identify the fist pump & he does appear to listen immediately after the action before reaching for the card

I can't say the camera work proves this by any means - but if it's true - the sequence fits - in my opinion

I’ve said n previous threads, all con nversation between match officials should be recorded.

They can’t be trusted.

All decisions should also be spoken into the media mics (so that they are also a matter of record)

As far as I am aware they are and the clubs get a copy of it or that used to be the case.

According to the pundits on Sportscene, the reason Alfie had to be carded was the missile throwing from the Motherwell yobs. Apparently Alfie annoyed them so much that they threw stuff. It was his fault. He incited them.
So now we know, if an opposing player comes near us gesticulating in any way at all, throw something at him and the referee will have to take action for incitement.

I will now have a couple of drams, safe in the knowledge that I have absolutely heard it all now from BBC Scotland and the complete fucking morons who appear on it.

I dont think they showed the bad tackle on Alfie either. And unsurprisingly no mention of the banner at the Stade de Nonce.

Just watched the full episode of “away days” and the RTV footage follows the ref walking back to the half way line with some of our players after the goal is scored and its pretty clear someone has spoke to him on the ear piece as he wasn’t looking like he was going to card Morelos again up to that point

Just watched the full episode of “away days” and the RTV footage follows the ref walking back to the half way line with some of our players after the goal is scored and its pretty clear someone has spoke to him on the ear piece as he wasn’t looking like he was going to card Morelos again up to that point

Im not totally sure but i do know bobby would be fired up to cause Rangers problems, hes mental.

I think he is a decent ref.
Ex St Ninian pupil who was at school with my ex deputy but haven't found anything to slate him re being a tim and twisted..

FWIW...Alfie gave him a decision to make so i look to him here. He should have just went to us to celebrate.

Also, i hate to hear the accusations of racist abuse. Boos etc as they fear him but if anyone has examples of actual racist abuse provide it and i will back them 100%.

Anyone recall who done the park head game where brown was cleared of inciting rangers fans with the same gesture. Then cleared under sfa disciplinary process no case to answer . Not his only offence that day either .

I think he is a decent ref.
Ex St Ninian pupil who was at school with my ex deputy but haven't found anything to slate him re being a tim and twisted..

FWIW...Alfie gave him a decision to make so i look to him here. He should have just went to us to celebrate.

Also, i hate to hear the accusations of racist abuse. Boos etc as they fear him but if anyone has examples of actual racist abuse provide it and i will back them 100%.

so do i we dont think we have bad refs but they do love cheating

Would you feel responsible if Rangers lost title race points at Easter rd due to El Buffalo being suspended Bhobby?
AcademicNewElver-size_restricted.gif

Anyone recall who done the park head game where brown was cleared of inciting rangers fans with the same gesture. Then cleared under sfa disciplinary process no case to answer . Not his only offence that day either .
It was Madden...I can't find it but there's a pic of him shaking his hand after this happened.

gn11.png

When you se so many of them blatantly at it, it’s had not to consider if any are actually taking a bung.

It was Madden...I can't find it but there's a pic of him shaking his hand after this happened.

gn11.png
Brilliant bbl thanks. So the 4th official who was involved , at least consulted , confirmed it was a yellow - presumption - but if he didn’t then that’s another story . And he confirmed too that Brown didnt merit one for the same offence type to the sfa compliance process . And they endorsed it . Yet we have yesterdays action . It cannot be both . Now I would say that is Othering / Cheating / Corrupt .

Back