Did Braga player spit on ball boy?

Noticed a scuffle when the ball boy was holding on to the ball.

What a dirty bastard if the player has spat on him.

That’s a several folk I know saying he spat on or at the ballboy.

I had a look on RTV and you can see the player grabbing the ball from the boy and as he runs away he turns his head back towards him. That’s exactly when all the commotion started. You can’t tell from this camera angle but if he has done what folk are saying it’a pretty low - disgusting thing to do to an adult never mind a child.

The player in question is #21, Ricardo Horta who came on as a sub.

Video
It's hard to tell with that clip

I sit in the East Enclousure and didn’t see anything but my pal further along said he seen it.

If this is the incident I don't see anything on camera. He does turn to the ball boy's area again.

If this is the incident I don't see anything on camera. He does turn to the ball boy's area again.
That's not it mate. It was beside the dugout next to the East Enclosure. I don't think he did spit, although he motioned like he did. Could see the ball boys talking about it afterwards. It was good to see the ball boys showing commonsense and keeping up with play.

Did anyone notice the ball boy hold onto the ball at the BR end, then when another ball was given to McGregor for the goal kick he threw it on. Greegsy must have been coaching him.

I'm afraid my post has been taken the wrong way by many. I asked if anyone had video evidence. Evidence that could be used against the player. Believe me, I think that spitting at or on someone is vile.

Not criticising mate, just that surely all we need are witnesses, of which there appear to be be many, organising themselves to complain officially.

Get VAR involved :))
Joking aside if he aimed a gob at the lad he should be exposed and punished accordingly.

As far as I'm aware, it was reported to police and stewards at the time. And the club have been informed about it. My dad sits at the disabled section in the east enclosure, and is certain that the ball boy was spat at. He's contacted the club, so they can't claim they don't know about it.
Whether they do anything is another matter.

Last edited:
That's not it mate. It was beside the dugout next to the East Enclosure. I don't think he did spit, although he motioned like he did. Could see the ball boys talking about it afterwards. It was good to see the ball boys showing commonsense and keeping up with play.

Did anyone notice the ball boy hold onto the ball at the BR end, then when another ball was given to McGregor for the goal kick he threw it on. Greegsy must have been coaching him.
Shagger was, he told him when to throw it back on and then just looked at the ref with a shrug. Perfect time wasting shithousery.

Absolutely disgusting if true. The club will take no action however because it wasn’t one of the boards family members . I know they can’t complain about absolutely everything we want them to but this is assault of a child (if it hit him) or even attempted assault (if it didn’t but he did spit at the boy). Vile scum behaviour.

Back