Did Clarke play our supporters for a reaction?

DEJA BLUE

Before i start here i want this particular *** phrase to stop once and for all, no need for it whatsoever, moving on im trying to gauge what went on re clarke there were claims on here on Wednesday night that he was goading/playing the support a little for a reaction anyone see anything?

Last edited:
The consensus from the people who were there seems to be he raised his hand when being called a wanker and most people laughed, which was actually good, that’s when it was genuine banter. However changing it to call him a FB really shot ourself in the foot, there was absolutely no need for it and completely took away from a terrific performance.

We really don’t help ourselves at times.

Trying to gauge what went on re clarke there were claims on here on Wednesday night that he was goading/playing the support a little anyone see anything?
He certainly waved over to the Union Bears and did not appear too bothered by the banter during the game; obviously decided to make more of a big deal afterwards.

When i got home from the game.i watched it again on premier sports.at the point he was getting called a wanker.you can see him raising his arm dont know if he made a gesture or anything as the camera moved on

I think a we bit differently from a lot of people on here I thought his reaction was funny as %^*& and he was really wound up think we should sing the sad 19th Century Terrorist bastard song all over again on 16th march for another great reaction

I think a we bit differently from a lot of people on here I thought his reaction was funny as %^*& and he was really wound up think we should sing the sad 19th Century Terrorist bastard song all over again on 16th march for another great reaction
With regards to your post and in particular the first two words.

No, no you don’t.

It was good spirits and he waved back, no he didn't make a "gesture". People looking for excuses for us making an arse of it

Facts of the matter are regardless of what Clarke did or didnt say or do, regardless of what celtics supporters did or didnt do, regardless of what Kris Boyd did or didnt say, a section of our support shot us in the foot. Again.

Utterly pathetic and those defending it being sung are just as pathethic. Forget the whatabouttery and lets have our club living in 2019.

The hypocrisy and double standards is a separate issue which quite rightly needs highlighted though.

Facts of the matter are regardless of what Clarke did or didnt say or do, regardless of what celtics supporters did or didnt do, regardless of what Kris Boyd did or didnt say, a section of our support shot us in the foot. Again.

Utterly pathetic and those defending it being sung are just as pathethic. Forget the whatabouttery and lets have our club living in 2019.

The hypocrisy and double standards is a separate issue which quite rightly needs highlighted though.

Anyone using that made up word should be banned sin die .

The consensus from the people who were there seems to be he raised his hand when being called a wanker and most people laughed, which was actually good, that’s when it was genuine banter. However changing it to call him a FB really shot ourself in the foot, there was absolutely no need for it and completely took away from a terrific performance.

We really don’t help ourselves at times.

That's pretty much what happened. Singing the wanker song and he waved over as a bit of banter, no need for the next bit.

You just knew he was going to complain after the doing we gave his team.

Also when was he approached about our job?

He categorically denied there was any contact before SG got the job.

I wouldn’t know , once I see someone using the term “ whataboutery “ I stop reading as I know their leanings and level of stupidity.

Just %^*& off and stop being a complete dick.

Leanings. How fucking pathetic you are. Clown.

Before i start here i want this particular *** phrase to stop once and for all, no need for it whatsoever, moving on im trying to gauge what went on re clarke there were claims on here on Wednesday night that he was goading/playing the support a little for a reaction anyone see anything?
I sit behind the away dugout.
When they were singing at him initially he put his hand up in a sort of wave/gesture.
I thought it was fine- he didn’t do it in an aggressive or goading way whatsoever.
I don’t have any problem with him shining the light on folk giving him abuse either BUT I do have a problem when he makes such a fuss a couple of days after one of his players was subjected to much more prolonged and worse abuse of a similar nature during a match.
Double standards to say the least.

Maybe we should call him Two-face from now on...

I’m as passionate about my club,as any supporter but agree that we shot ourselves in the foot!thing is we gotta learn from it,US! OURSELVES! ,before they implement points docking.

Back