Did Gordon Durie ever score against Celtic?

I think he won something like 7 league championships and collected umpteen cup medals with us but did he ever score against them ?

7 seasons that must have been a hell of a lot of games v them.

No he didn't.

I hope you're not trying to confuse and/or compare Durie the footballer/centre forward with Alfie?

There are simply no comparisons.

And he didn't win seven championships with us. 94, 95, 96 and 97 certainly. I'm not sure if he won a medal in 99?

His first pass in an OF game though will forever remain. The one that set Hateley off and running in the first minute on Ne'erday 1994.

I vaguely remember him struggling but didn’t realise his record was THAT grim. I do remember a visibly overweight McCoist coming back in and being an instant upgrade, breaking his back to try and get us 10.
Spot on.
Durie got concussion at Rugby park and was out for about 3 or 4 games.
Ally came in and rattled a few goals in and was promptly dropped for Durie again who failed to score in the run in.

Is it aye, according to who? The mythical straw man “some on here”
It’s been posted plenty on here.
What else could “his record against Celtic is unacceptable” imply?
What else could “he hasn’t scored against Celtic” imply?
Even McCoist uttered that last sentence on Sunday.

They could both imply exactly what they say ffs. Are we not to mention the fact he has a poor record against them?

Totally meh to me to be honest, people on here think things, I had a decent idea that might happen when I signed up to a forum...

They could both imply exactly what they say ffs. Are we not to mention the fact he has a poor record against them?

Aye it does seem now that the two things are exclusive now to some.

You can't mention his dross scoring record against Celtic because he scored against Porto and Hamilton.

You can't mention his dross scoring record because if you do you think he is pish

I just think load of things, he is class, he has an ace scoring record in Europe but a striker who has a terrible scoring record against Celtic isn't ideal for us.

It isn't inconceivable we should move into the market for a player who can score against teams like Hamilton, Porto AND Celtic.

Talk of it being comparable to the likes of Aguero is just daft on so many levels, talk of goals against Celtic not being needed to win leagues etc is daft.

Aguero not scoring against Liverpool might cause a 6 point swing at best

Morelos or any forward for that matter who can't help us defeat Celtic is the best part of a 24 point swing in the league and most likely a Cup down the drain at best.

*** IT IS NOT ALL ON ONE MAN BUT WE DO NEED A FORWARD WHO ON OCCASION SCORES AGAINST THEM TO WIN THINGS ***

Totally meh to me to be honest, people on here think things, I had a decent idea that might happen when I signed up to a forum...
What’s totally “meh”?
That it’s being said, posted and implied, by Rangers supporters, or that I’m challenging it?

So I’ve asked what “unacceptable” means and what the options are.
Is this such an unreasonable question.

So I’ve asked what “unacceptable” means and what the options are.
Is this such an unreasonable question.
Unacceptable means we need to sort out this issue- and it is an issue- or it will most likely end in heartbreak for us. It’s not to difficult a concept to expect our talisman to step up against them.

We can’t go to the piggery and miss those types of chances or we can kiss goodbye to the league challenge

Unacceptable means we need to sort out this issue- and it is an issue- or it will most likely end in heartbreak for us. It’s not to difficult a concept to expect our talisman to step up against them.

We can’t go to the piggery and miss those types of chances or we can kiss goodbye to the league challenge
So, what to we accept then.
At what point is enough enough and we rid ourselves of something as unpalatable as Morelos and his record against Celtic?
Something has got to give here.

Well this can be the end of our discussion on it then?

Ive blocked the poster you are engaging with. He seems unwilling to answer the simplest of questions - if he’s so furious and angry at Morelos for not scoring against one team, what is his solution ?.

Hell will freeze over before he answers . As he doesn’t know . He will say things like “ meh “ , and throw a strop, but won’t answer .

You are wasting your time engaging with him .

Whats your solution ?

Ive blocked the poster you are engaging with. He seems unwilling to answer the simplest of questions - if he’s so furious and angry at Morelos for not scoring against one team, what is his solution ?.

Hell will freeze over before he answers
. As he doesn’t know . He will say things like “ meh “ , and throw a strop, but won’t answer .

You are wasting your time engaging with him .

Aye, or..... or........

Just post the following ages ago actually.

"It isn't inconceivable we should move into the market for a player who can score against teams like Hamilton, Porto AND Celtic. "

Thats what happens when you block folk eh, you try and write a narrative about folks that just makes you look a bit daft and is basically just post things that are a big old bag o shite.

So, what to we accept then.
At what point is enough enough and we rid ourselves of something as unpalatable as Morelos and his record against Celtic?
Something has got to give here.
Well I highly doubt we’ll keep hold of him past the summer anyway, but we need to find a solution. I’m certainly not writing him off against them. If it’s some kind of mental block then get the shrinks in.

I don’t think it’s an overreaction to say that our league season potentially hinges on him finding his groove against them

Well I highly doubt we’ll keep hold of him past the summer anyway, but we need to find a solution. I’m certainly not writing him off against them. If it’s some kind of mental block then get the shrinks in.

I don’t think it’s an overreaction to say that our league season potentially hinges on him finding his groove against them
Would you start him next game against them?

I don’t know why you bother replying to my posts, bud.
I’m trying to find out what “unacceptable” means to the poster and what the alternative is.
Does it mean he should be sold as soon as possible and replaced with a player more acceptable who’ll maybe score against Celtic.
Like a Josh Windass.
Maybe an Oli McBurnie type of cv, a player who seems to get a few at a higher level than we’re at?
Or, perhaps promote a kid like we did with Robert Fleck who did alright for a while and did score against Celtic.
Like I posted, I am simply trying to find out what is acceptable if Morelos isn’t and how we fix it.
Surely that is a reasonable question.

Seems you’ve had a sense of humour bypass. It was just a joke, but I think in frantically running around replying to everyone who isn’t happy with an embarrassing cup final defeat, trying to convince them everything’s great and things couldn’t be better you’ve lost the ability to tell when someone’s being serious or not.

Seems you’ve had a sense of humour bypass. It was just a joke, but I think in frantically running around replying to everyone who isn’t happy with an embarrassing cup final defeat, trying to convince them everything’s great and things couldn’t be better you’ve lost the ability to tell when someone’s being serious or not.
The on
Nothing in this post answers my questions
I’ve never claimed everything is great but I am certainly not embarrassed.
Actually, it’s the first time this word has crossed my mind about Sunday.
It’ll probably be the last as well.

Back