Did Gordon Durie ever score against Celtic?

Angrybluebear

Official Ticketer
I think he won something like 7 league championships and collected umpteen cup medals with us but did he ever score against them ?

7 seasons that must have been a hell of a lot of games v them.

He won 5 league titles with us.

Played against Celtic 15 times - 8 starts and 7 as sub. 0 goals.

No, but since we had McCoist, Hateley, Gazza & Laudrup and two front men, it was insignificant. I don’t ever remember relying on Durie to rescue us with goals. Jeez, even when he scored a cup final hat trick we all ignored him...lol Unfortunately in modern football you have one main striker, and if he isn’t scoring you are in a bit of trouble against your main rivals

No, but since we had McCoist, Hateley, Gazza & Laudrup and two front men, it was insignificant. I don’t ever remember relying on Durie to rescue us with goals. Jeez, even when he scored a cup final hat trick we all ignored him...lol Unfortunately in modern football you have one main striker, and if he isn’t scoring you are in a bit of trouble against your main rivals
The lack of goals from elsewhere is a bit of a concern. Kent doesn't get enough, the midfield has no real scorers, and we just don't have a forward on the right hand side.

Did their own Dixie deans not play over 130 games for them scoring something like 90 goals and never managed a Single goal against us ??

The obsession of Morelos is off the charts . Yes he’s overdue a goal against them but there are others who can score as well . It’s not all down to one player . He didn’t even start the last game against them . What a strange obsession there is over alfredo . The boy is the best player we’ve had by far in over a decade .

How many times would Durie have ever actually played against them?

I would assume as well as a shit scoring record against him our results as a team against them when he actually played would be pretty dross as well

Did their own Dixie deans not play over 130 games for them scoring something like 90 goals and never managed a Single goal against us ??

The obsession of Morelos is off the charts . Yes he’s overdue a goal against them but there are others who can score as well . It’s not all down to one player . He didn’t even start the last game against them . What a strange obsession there is over alfredo . The boy is the best player we’ve had by far in over a decade .

Your last line is the answer to your own question. You always rely on your biggest players in your biggest games. Hard to win them without them.

Your last line is the answer to your own question. You always rely on your biggest players in your biggest games. Hard to win them without them.

I recall crucial OF goals by Bert konterman , Ugo Ehoig , Mo Edu, Nigel Spackman to name a few . It’s nonsense to say you always need to rely on your star players . Others should pitch in.

Last edited:
I recall crucial OF goals by Bert konterman , Hugo Ehyogg , Mo Edu, Nigel Spackman to name a few . It’s nonsense to say you always need to rely on your star players . Others should pitch in.

Spackman scored v Celtic in 1990 - UGO EHIOGU in 2008 - over the course of 18 years you expect a fair few players to score against Celtic.

I mean for example in recent years alone Tav, Arfield, Kent, Jack, Candieas, Windass and CLINT FUCKEN HILL have chipped in with goals against them

So the number of players chipping in has been varied and reaching.

Spackman scored v Celtic in 1990 - UGO EHIOGU in 2008 - over the course of 18 years you expect a fair few players to score against Celtic.

I mean for example in recent years alone Tav, Arfield, Kent, Jack, Candieas, Windass and CLINT FUCKEN HILL have chipped in with goals against them

So the number of players chipping in has been varied and reaching.

Which is my point . The responsibility can’t be placed on one man .

Which is my point . The responsibility can’t be placed on one man .

And it's not solely being placed on one man but FFS people are right to have expected a few goals from a Rangers forward against Celtic by now more so given the context around that forward.

If the lowering of the water mark is "well Durie didnae" then it is an omission of how dross a record it is.

And it's not solely being placed on one man but FFS people are right to have expected a few goals from a Rangers forward against Celtic by now more so given the context around that forward.

If the lowering of the water mark is "well Durie didnae" then it is an omission of how dross a record it is.

Aguero has gone 9 games against Liverpool without a goal . Is he shite as well ??

Football throws these situations at us all the time . Is Alfie deliberately missing chances against them ? Not trying ? What is it you are implying here ??

Aguero has gone 9 games against Liverpool without a goal . Is he shite as well ??

Football throws these situations at us all the time . Is Alfie deliberately missing chances against them ? Not trying ? What is it you are implying here ??

I don't care about Aguero not scoring against Liverpool, I don't care about Sterling not scoring against Man U I don't support Man City, it means %^*& all to me..

I'm not implying anything I am stating the fucken obvious - Morelos for a player remunerated to the level he is by us has a fucken chronic record against Celtic.

Last edited:
I don't care about Aguero not scoring against Liverpool, I don't care about Sterling not scoring against Man U I don't support Man City, it means %^*& all to me..

I'm not implying anything I am stating the fucken obvious - Morelos for a player remunerated to the level he is by us ha a fucken chronic record against Celtic.

Gies peace :rolleyes: . Moronic post almost child like .

Joe McBride's another one who never scored against us for Celtc.

I'm not implying anything I am stating the fucken obvious - Morelos for a player remunerated to the level he is by us ha a fucken chronic record against Celtic.

You'll probably not care about this either on that basis but it took Larsson the same number of OF games as Alfie's now played against them before he scored.

Alfie also played a season in Pedro's team which skews things.

You'll probably not care about this either on that basis but it took Larsson the same number of OF games as Alfie's now played against them before he scored.

No, I don't care about that either really it's totally moot to me, it isn't how I judge football.

I actually watch Rangers, and even accounting for Pedro the number of chances Morelos has passed up against Celtic now without a goal is pretty pish - I don't really find that very controversial it's sort of just stating the obvious....

That's nonsense.

Larsson scored against us in 2-2 draw at Ibrox when Amato scored and also when we lose 5-1 in 1998.

Morelos has played for us since 2017 so approaching 2 and a half years against them. In that time he has missed sitters (not chances but sitters) in 0-0 draw under Murty, 2-3 at Ibrox, 0-4 at Hampden and then that shambles yesterday.

It's strange tbh but it's not acceptable either that a Rangers striker seems incapable of scoring against them

I just hope you get everything you want off santa , otherwise your tantrums will really go off the scale . Get off Alfie’s back . And Swear at me again and you’re red triangled btw.

You have blocked me so won't be able to read it....

He posted 3 letters, ffs! That's it, ffs.

You're the wean and having a fu(kin stinker in this thread.

Red triangle that.

Hes abusing our best player calling him chronic etc . Who needs enemies. Spoilt brats. Get behind the team , you’re a disgrace .

Hes abusing our best player calling him chronic etc . Who needs enemies. Spoilt brats. Get behind the team , you’re a disgrace .

No, naw, I didnae call him chronic at any stage - I said his record against Celtic is - they two statements are totally different.

That's nonsense.

Larsson scored against us in 2-2 draw at Ibrox when Amato scored and also when we lose 5-1 in 1998.

Morelos has played for us since 2017 so approaching 2 and a half years against them. In that time he has missed sitters (not chances but sitters) in 0-0 draw under Murty, 2-3 at Ibrox, 0-4 at Hampden and then that shambles yesterday.

It's strange tbh but it's not acceptable either that a Rangers striker seems incapable of scoring against them

You don’t appear to have a good word to say about any of our players to be honest. Not like Marvin Andrews at all, which is very disappointing.

You have blocked me so won't be able to read it....

i can still choose to read your post even if I block you . Stop abusing players especially our top goal scorer with 25 already this season I didn’t hear you slating him after Legia , Porto , feyenoord ..... :rolleyes:

i can still choose to read your post even if I block you . Stop abusing players especially our top goal scorer with 25 already this season I didn’t hear you slating him after Legia , Porto , feyenoord ..... :rolleyes:

You can't I have folk blocked it says they are ignored, I don't know why you said that ignore comment.

I have at no stage "abused" Morelos, your failing to translate my posts isn't a failing on my part...tis the beauty of type though the things I have said are in black and white.

It is in his head now methinks. He is a fabulous player and we would be lost without him. However it cannot be ignored that Alfredo does not score against them. The comparison with Durie is invalid, because Durie was part of a great team. This is different. We need Alfredo to score against them. When he scores in December, then we will go on to win the league and put it to bed.

I'm always behind the team.

Just your posts are hypocritical in the extreme and need highlighting.

I’ve been consistent . No hypocrisy from me . Slating our own isn’t in my nature . Hypocrisy is slagging off Morelos because of a freak stat just now against one team , and ignoring every massive goal he’s scored for us including putting us through to the group stages where the club will earn millions .

Back