Did James Forrest go to Dubai?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grogu

Sorry if already asked, hard to keep up sometimes :))

Keep hearing this argument of Jullien going to Dubai with the squad so he could continue his ‘rehab’ with the club physios. If this is true, surely nae neck would have travelled to Dubai also - anyone know if he did or not? Would be interesting to find out, as I still can’t believe they took an injured player halfway around the world for intense training, rest & relaxation, an all expenses paid holiday during a global pandemic...And that they continue to try and justify it :))

The Jullien one was ridiculous as there's no way at that time he would even be close to any form of rehab. He would still be in recovery from that injury - that collision with the post was horrific, honestly!

I even said that before any of the Dubai debacle - I hate the guy, I think he's a smug, smarmy prick, but I wouldn't wish a freak injury like that on any footballer. (Well, almost none.)

Looking at their full squad and who missed the last 2 games, I can only identify 12 out of the 13 who were self-isolating, so assumed that Forrest must be No.13

Barkas
Bain

Ajer
Elhamed

Brown
Christie
Ntcham
Elyounoussi

Griffiths
Ajeti
Edouard
Klimala

He was getting pelters from them all before his injury mate.
I know - he was right in the firing line from their fans. He's caused us some problems in the past though and I think they're really missing / have really missed him as an option

Sometimes the most unlikely of cogs can be the trigger for a sequence of events - reckon his absence has hurt them tbh mate.

I know - he was right in the firing line from their fans. He's caused us some problems in the past though and I think they're really missing / have really missed him as an option

Sometimes the most unlikely of cogs can be the trigger for a sequence of events - reckon his absence has hurt them tbh mate.

True. He’s scored a few important goals in recent seasons, so I hope it’s a long recovery mate LOL

Since he scored the winner at sharkhead in the 2-1 game when Tav under hit the pass he's been taken off 6 times in 7 games against us. He's good against the dross up here because he's quick but in bigger games he's normally posted missing.

Looking at their full squad and who missed the last 2 games, I can only identify 12 out of the 13 who were self-isolating, so assumed that Forrest must be No.13

Barkas
Bain

Ajer
Elhamed

Brown
Christie
Ntcham
Elyounoussi

Griffiths
Ajeti
Edouard
Klimala
Aren’t you missing the obvious one??? Or is Julie not counted as one of the 13?

There's lots of reasons to go after them about Dubai. The julienne angle is the wrong one. Andy Halliday is correct.

Going to Dubai was wrong, any of them. Not Julienne specifically.

He plays about 6 good games a season and that’s it. Even their fans say this, he has been on the slide for a while.

Put it this way, there have been no bids or chatter about him leaving for quite a few years now, nor any fabricated ‘AC Milan showing interest in £30m rated Forrest‘ headlines either.

There's lots of reasons to go after them about Dubai. The julienne angle is the wrong one. Andy Halliday is correct.

Going to Dubai was wrong, any of them. Not Julienne specifically.
1000% agree with you - the Dubai trip should NEVER have happened whether it was given the go ahead or not. Given the vast majority of ordinary citizens have not been able to properly see loved ones for the best part of a year, it is disgraceful they thought it acceptable to fly halfway across the globe under the privileges afforded to elite sportspeople.

However, that lot clearly seem to think the club, management and their decisions and actions are above reproach going by TLBs comments today.

I will be appalled but equally unsurprised if they go unpunished for this latest debacle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back