Did Magnificent Bastard 2 play a blinder re Greegs?

kennymac

Bear :cool: with me here Bears.

By coming out and saying the ref got it wrong re. McGregor, did he put the Compliance Officer in an uncomfortable position?

Was their automatic reaction, "We can't be seen to be agreeing with him." ?

By coming out and saying the ref got it wrong re. McGregor, did he put the Compliance Officer in an uncomfortable position?

If it was only that easy.
What a wonderful job all our officials are doing.
World class.

No, as I understand it, three refs have to assess it and all three have to agree. Two might have thought it was a red and one that it was not, therefore it gets dropped. The gaffer was accepting that unlike with Morelos, there was a case to answer and he was merely managing expectations.

Have to love international week. There's been some blindingly bizarre threads over the last couple of days. Sooner we get back to the sanity of obsessing about Tav's defensive capabilities and Rossiters fitness the better. :p

Ok, I withdraw my comments, but in fairness, it was part of a discussion on Sunday after the game, that a few of us had inThe Regent.

No, as I understand it, three refs have to assess it and all three have to agree. Two might have thought it was a red and one that it was not, therefore it gets dropped. The gaffer was accepting that unlike with Morelos, there was a case to answer and he was merely managing expectations.
I think you're right mate. I read somewhere that they didn't get a unanimous decision between the three so couldn't proceed.

He played a blinder mate. In fact it's not what he said...............it's what he didn't say, reading between the lines Gerrard has the Compliance Officer on the run.

Yep........that's how it is. ;):D:D

Last edited:
Mcgregor never got banned because it wasn't a red card according to the revised rules on off the ball incidents, nothing else.

Last edited:

Yup played a blinder. He's some man Stevie. 5 steps ahead of every cu*t.

So if you follow the press coverage, Gerrard saw the McGregor kickout from 60 yards away, so he should have been charged. However, he couldn't have possibly seen the Jack/Rogic fouls since he was 40 yards away.

I think you're right mate. I read somewhere that they didn't get a unanimous decision between the three so couldn't proceed.

Did he end up with a yellow? You'd think if two said red and one yellow, he'd get a yellow but haven't seen it anywhere

Back