Did mccrorie pick up a knock

uneasydaz

Thought it was a bit of a bizzare substitution to make taking him off and bringing coulibaly on, St Johnstone came into it more as soon as he went off

Elbowed in the head earlier in the game, I suspect that eventually took it’s toll.

He got caught a few times by Davidson (8) on the head early . He will have learned from that,how Davidson got away without being booked was a mystery. Then again it's Scotland ,the refs are poor and we a Rangers so I suppose no real surprise.

I'd have hooked McCrorie for that 'effort' at goal in the second half alone.

McCrorie's useless in home games against an opposition who are just defending deep.

A bit harsh Amato. Ross has a poor game, I agree, but can I ask you, how many more suitable players actually tried to take responsibility yesterday ?
So many guys to me weren’t taking enough responsibility. Eg Middleton had 2 or 3 chances to cross into the box late in the game, as a winger, yet passes back to Goldson, a CB, to cross ?
At least Ross is strong enough mentally unlike quite a few of them.

A bit harsh Amato. Ross has a poor game, I agree, but can I ask you, how many more suitable players actually tried to take responsibility yesterday ?
So many guys to me weren’t taking enough responsibility. Eg Middleton had 2 or 3 chances to cross into the box late in the game, as a winger, yet passes back to Goldson, a CB, to cross ?
At least Ross is strong enough mentally unlike quite a few of them.

I don't rate McCrorie as highly as a lot of FF does.

I don't think he's good enough on the ball to play in midfield for us.

Been saying this all along ,he plays the holding role like a big junior player.No composure ,no touch,and no vision .He gets by with his physicality in games where teams turn the game into a midfield battle, but in games where the opposition let you have the ball he is next to useless

I also agree with this. He’s fantastic out of possession and certain games suit him well, but he’s not for the quality take the ball from defence and link to the advanced midfield / attack.

I accept that mate. I do like him but do accept the range of views we have. That’s football I guess. Time will tell. My view is that his destructive / defensive qualities are needed given the others we have in the midfield aren’t strong or pacy enough.

I thought it was a good substution tbh. Went for it a bit more by sacrificing the holding midfielder. In the last 20 minutes we actually started to have half chances or at least get into positions where only final decision let us down. In the 70 minutes beforehand, we werent causing them even a slight bit of discomfort.

Been saying this all along ,he plays the holding role like a big junior player.No composure ,no touch,and no vision .He gets by with his physicality in games where teams turn the game into a midfield battle, but in games where the opposition let you have the ball he is next to useless

You think we’d have won on 29th without him then Ronnie ?

I also agree with this. He’s fantastic out of possession and certain games suit him well, but he’s not for the quality take the ball from defence and link to the advanced midfield / attack.

Correct. Games at home against the lower sides in the league where we'll be on the front foot for the majority are not the ones that suit Ross in my opinion.

I think the injury situation meant that we didn't have much choice, other than Coulibaly or Andy Halliday, who incidentally is who I'd have gone with and Kamara as the sitting player.

You think we’d have won on 29th without him then Ronnie ?
Not what I'm saying mate.We were in a battle against St Pats and it suited the guys "style of play" in other words he got tore intae them,and good on him.But,a proper defensive midfielder controls the tempo of a teams play,slowing the play down when the team is under pressure or tired,taking the ball in tight situations and feeding the wide players and front mids quickly when going forward.Im not blaming the kid,I've watched him since he was a youngster and I still believe his proper position is his original position of Right Back

Not what I'm saying mate.We were in a battle against St Pats and it suited the guys "style of play" in other words he got tore intae them,and good on him.But,a proper defensive midfielder controls the tempo of a teams play,slowing the play down when the team is under pressure or tired,taking the ball in tight situations and feeding the wide players and front mids quickly when going forward.Im not blaming the kid,I've watched him since he was a youngster and I still believe his proper position is his original position of Right Back

Understand mate. Im a fan of him but do accept the development required in him that you’ve described.
My issue with yesterday was why the manager played both Ross & Kamara. To me we only needed one of them at home to St Johnstone and our team never flowed in an attacking sense due to that, and Steven Davis being poor.
I accept that injuries were a factor, but to me the truth lies in Steven not creating a midfield squad who have the right balance of skills.

Back