Did Rangers retain any of our match -worn shirts from the 1930's, 1940, 50's, 60's ?

monkey magic

I've never seen any of these shirts in the flesh, or any of the varied red, white and blue shirts produced for our first European ties in the late 1950's, of which there are some belters, going by the old photographs.

I’m sure there are a few older ones on the walls of the Chairman’s Lounge, a Willie Waddell jersey and a goalkeeper one from that kind of era.

Can’t remember the details off the top of my head but I’m sure I have some photos somewhere.

I know TOFFS sell retro Rangers shirts from the 1940s 1950s and 1960s - roughly £45 each.

I bought a few for my collection including one below

Last edited:
I've never seen any of these shirts in the flesh, or any of the varied red, white and blue shirts produced for our first European ties in the late 1950's, of which there are some belters, going by the old photographs.
Club were so famously tight that we used the white v neck Jersey to for the reserves and youths then for training. I've seen images of Davie Cooper training in one Jersey.
Waddell lounge has One from the 40s.

Club were so famously tight that we used the white v neck Jersey to for the reserves and youths then for training. I've seen images of Davie Cooper training in one Jersey.

Hopefully, if we finally get a Museum up and running, some of these old jerseys might be found, some perhaps kept by families of veteran players, and be shown in public for the first time in 40 or 50 years ?

I'm sure there is a few from that era framed within Ibrox.

Theres a scotland GK top in there from 1931 I remember being random.

I wrote to Toffs years ago, to tell them that they'd misinterpreted a black and white photo. The shirt they produced in blue, should have been red.

If that's the shirt from the late 1940's, I had a colour picture and it was a red shirt with a white and blue band in the middle ?

If that's the shirt from the late 1940's, I had a colour picture and it was a red shirt with a white and blue band in the middle ?
I can't recall from what I read who we were playing against when we wore that shirt, but I'm sure it was a one off appearance. I'm open to correction if any Bears who were around at the time remember differently.

I can't recall from what I read who we were playing against when we wore that shirt, but I'm sure it was a one off appearance. I'm open to correction if any Bears who were around at the time remember differently.

I had loads of old pictures, black & white and some colour, of the veteran sides of the 1940's & 1950's. I've moved a few times and lost them.

Hopefully, if we finally get a Museum up and running, some of these old jerseys might be found, some perhaps kept by families of veteran players, and be shown in public for the first time in 40 or 50 years ?
Only one I've ever seen is in Hampden. Scottish Football Museum

There are pictures of training before the ECWC final in 1972 of the players wearing the blue and white striped change strip of the 60s. Also Davie Cooper training in the 1960s white V neck too.
I remember about 1975 one of my pals worked in a sports shop and they were clearing out a storeroom and found a box of 1960s tops. Unfortunately they never had my size.

Back