Did Steve Clarke unwittingly back Rangers up.....

Coza

His comments about MacLean and how he seems to have never been a great ref when it comes to killie games. Specificaly mentioning that perhaps it’s related to Maclean trying to prove he isn’t pro killie after his dad played there for a number of years.....

Well it’s the same argument you see in here countless times. His wee brother is in our youth set up and he bends over backwards to prove he isn’t pro rangers so much so it manifests itself as anti rangers.

I found it interesting the bbc said today on radio “you can’t go there” and suggested he had crossed a line. Is that the case if there is similar circumstances and another member club feels the same? Surely to bring the standard of officiating up we and killie should be free to voice these concerns/observations?

Who’s his wee brother?

MacLean junior.

Might be he is ex rangers youth but i am sure he was on our books at one and might still be.

Suggested as much in yesterday's thread. Pissing in the wind.

Most people are convinced that poor refereeing affects us and us only.

You know what Celtic would do? Lennon would be in touch with Clarke and a board member would be in touch with their board. They would say “hey we have similar issues with Maclean and we have often wondered if his brother being linked with our club influences his decision making. We should contact the sfa as a joint party with a view to expressing we just want to improve the standards across the piece and help Steven improve”.

Shots fired across Macleans bow and I would bet his decision making would become More neutral generally.

So what's your position on referees, then? That they're incompetent when they ref other games but cheat in ours?

I think all the stuff you see on here about refs being crap is daft.

Yes they make mistakes ofcourse that happens, the best ref in the world makes errors.

But my position as you put it as that we have without a doubt the most corrupt, dishonest, and totally biased referees anywhere.

Do the tims have problems, do they feck.

These guys are absolutely as fkin disgrace.

I think all the stuff you see on here about refs being crap is daft.

Yes they make mistakes ofcourse that happens, the best ref in the world makes errors.

But my position as you put it as that we have without a doubt the most corrupt, dishonest, and totally biased referees anywhere.

Do the tims have problems, do they feck.

These guys are absolutely as fkin disgrace.

Is that for everyone or just us?

Beaton, for example - where does he fall?

Is that for everyone or just us?

Beaton, for example - where does he fall?

Well i think he went out to corrupt the Hibs game i think we all seen that for ourselves it was a shameful performance. Press put him under pressure and he was scared of Lennon. Not right what he done that day shameful.

But overall hes a good ref and quite honest most of the time. Dont underestimate the power of the press.

You do think the press is biased right you aint that para you believe the bhoys in the media are doing the job honestly

Well i think he went out to corrupt the Hibs game i think we all seen that for ourselves it was a shameful performance. Press put him under pressure and he was scared of Lennon. Not right what he done that day shameful.

But overall hes a good ref and quite honest most of the time. Dont underestimate the power of the press.

You do think the press is biased right you aint that para you believe the bhoys in the media are doing the job honestly

So just to get this straight:

He deliberately went out to ruin the Hibs game for us because he was scared of Lennon, but that fear of Lennon had seemingly dissipated by the time Lennon attacked him in the press for failing to protect his players a few months later? I'd have thought he'd still have been scared of him?

So just to get this straight:

He deliberately went out to ruin the Hibs game for us because he was scared of Lennon, but that fear of Lennon had seemingly dissipated by the time Lennon attacked him in the press for failing to protect his players a few months later? I'd have thought he'd still have been scared of him?

I think he shat himself from Lennon and the media and gave them everything.

But i do think overall hes a good ref and gives Rangers decisions most of the time.

Im not quite sure what you are on about, a few months later, was it a Celtic game is that your point did he miss a decision in a Celtic game.

I think he shat himself from Lennon and the media and gave them everything.

But i do think overall hes a good ref and gives Rangers decisions most of the time.

Im not quite sure what you are on about, a few months later, was it a Celtic game is that your point did he miss a decision in a Celtic game.

So you're saying that he had a nightmare in the Hibs games but has in other games reffed us quite fairly.

Sounds like he's, inconsistent, maybe? Especially when you throw in, for example, that dive he gave in the Hamilton game last week?

So you're saying that he had a nightmare in the Hibs games but has in other games reffed us quite fairly.

Sounds like he's, inconsistent, maybe? Especially when you throw in, for example, that dive he gave in the Hamilton game last week?

No if you read what i posted, i think he went out to corrupt the Hibs game and while its not right thats what happens sometimes. Refs shit it.

Not ok, not right, shameful but thats the pressure refs are under.

Maybe shouldnt have called the other poster a mongo, was unfair, should have said it too you.

No if you read what i posted, i think he went out to corrupt the Hibs game and while its not right thats what happens sometimes. Refs shit it.

Not ok, not right, shameful but thats the pressure refs are under.

Maybe shouldnt have called the other poster a mongo, was unfair, should have said it too you.

Interesting use of the word "corrupt" as a verb to describe his refereeing that day. You mean cheating, though, don't you?

Got about ten grand in my bank account. All yours if you can point towards where I've said that in this thread.

You keep your money in the bank account.

Spend it on taking a referee for a meal.

Show him you are a proper tory boy dignified and respectful Rangers fan.

I think you said it on the other thread but really i couldnt care less.

You keep your money in the bank account.

Spend it on taking a referee for a meal.

Show him you are a proper tory boy dignified and respectful Rangers fan.

I think you said it on the other thread but really i couldnt care less.

Okay, so you can't point that out at all. You've just assumed what I believe.

And I'm the mongo.

LOLZ.

Just to leave you in doubt, I fully believe that Rangers are reffed differently from other teams and that Celtic are experts at putting pressure on the media and officials, but you were too busy calling me a mongo to even ask.

ok mate fair enough sorry about that maybe out of order, you accept im correct and ofcourse i am.

The number of refereeing decisions that have benefited the sheep this season is unbelievable. Every time they have played us there has been a major decision in their favour.

Cosgrove, Shinnie and McKenna are constantly booked yet seem to escape second yellows.

So what's your position on referees, then? That they're incompetent when they ref other games but cheat in ours?
Not to start an argument, I think you've probably had enough for this thread but I can't fathom how we can accept that the SFA/SPFL is run by the filth for the sole benefit of the filth yet we're asked to believe their paid employees can't be of that same position.

FWIW, I don't think referees take to the pitch with the intention of fùcking us over, I do believe that any incident they are unsure of will inevitably see them take the easy way out.
That is of course with the exception of Thompson who is a cheat.

Are bigger budget is needed to bring in better refs. We should be insisting on a top referee from England be brought in to oversee what's going on and hold them accountable for any mistakes.

The number of refereeing decisions that have benefited the sheep this season is unbelievable. Every time they have played us there has been a major decision in their favour.

Cosgrove, Shinnie and McKenna are constantly booked yet seem to escape second yellows.
Not just against us either, my Hearts supporting mate says the same thing, as does my Killie supporting mate, as was evident yesterday!

How Shinnie has never been red carded is beyond me.

Not to start an argument, I think you've probably had enough for this thread but I can't fathom how we can accept that the SFA/SPFL is run by the filth for the sole benefit of the filth yet we're asked to believe their paid employees can't be of that same position.

FWIW, I don't think referees take to the pitch with the intention of fùcking us over, I do believe that any incident they are unsure of will inevitably see them take the easy way out.
That is of course with the exception of Thompson who is a cheat.

Not sure what you mean by me having enough of this thread, and I'm inclined to believe with much of what you've suggested, but as soon as you suggest that refs will take the "easy way out" with incidents involving us you're implying - as bilkobear was last night in another thread - that "controversial" incidents invariably go the way of the other team. That might be right, but there have been dozens, maybe even hundreds, of "minor", less debatable decisions that have gone against us this year, and that's not been cheating, or inherent bias, or a Timmy conspiracy to do us out of winning: it's the same incompetent decisions that have blight Scottish football in every fcking game.

He's an abysmal ref
They all are. Pay peanuts, get monkeys.

Time they went pro. If that means a few years of foreign refs until we get some decent ones up to speed, so be it.

There can’t be many industries that don’t look beyond their shores if local talent is so lacking.

Just watched the highlights, as much as I hate him now, I think Broadfoots red was harsh. The McKenzie one was never a red, I don't even think Mclean seen it.

Back