Did the club arrange anything to commemorate the 50th anniversary of the Ibrox Disaster?

TJ72

The club had previously said that due to COVID restrictions at the time, we were unable to commemorate the 50th disaster in the way in which we would’ve wanted.

Robertson said that once the restrictions were lifted the club would hold two or three events to pay tribute to those who sadly lost their life in the Disaster. Does anyone know if we did actually do anything and just kept it low profile/private?

The club had previously said that due to COVID restrictions at the time, we were unable to commemorate the 50th disaster in the way in which we would’ve wanted.

Robertson said that once the restrictions were lifted the club would hold two or three events to pay tribute to those who sadly lost their life in the Disaster. Does anyone know if we did actually do anything and just kept it low profile/private?

It was probably a Robertson soundbite at the time of the AGM, not sure exactly what else anybody expected to be done, the club did everything they usually do on the 50th anniversary.

It was unfortunate it fell during the fan lockout but I'll take a guess whatever Robertson said sounded good in his head at the time, was forgotten and never to be revisited.

That's on him, trying to say what he thinks is right with genuine best intentions but in reality what else do you think we could do?

Rangers are doing just fine when it comes to remembering our fallen supporters.

The club lays a wreath every year. What else do you expect?
The only reason I ask is because it was the club itself that said it had big plans to mark that anniversary and once the restrictions were lifted they would be able to implement them. I wouldn’t expected anything else if they hadn’t said it would be happening.

I think there was a memorial garden in the pipeline but that got shelved due to legal wrangling

Back to 800 vermin "coughing" through the minutes silence this time round.

The only reason I ask is because it was the club itself that said it had big plans to mark that anniversary and once the restrictions were lifted they would be able to implement them. I wouldn’t expected anything else if they hadn’t said it would be happening.
When Robertson answers a question at an AGM he does not expect your brain to absorb and remember his answer.

See the ticket office / club comms shambles for reference.

When Robertson answers a question at an AGM he does not expect your brain to absorb and remember his answer.

See the ticket office / club comms shambles for reference.
This is correct. That boy has asked the same question re disabled facilities every year and gets the same “we need to do better” answer.

Back