Did we celebrate the win in an appropriate manner ?

I would not like to think that we have been disrespectful to anyone in the last two days.

Said any Rangers supporter ever. Each and every win against them seems to get sweeter and sweeter.
Yes,very professional job done and good on the gaffer for putting things into perspective,still very early,but now we can build on the momentum with no break to hinder us. No celebrating down cameras,which came back to haunt us. I would just urge big Connor just to keep his rallying cry within the confines and as the gaffer says be humble.

I done well to stay of the juice then bolted down the off sales final whistle and the rest is history

Keeping my powder well and truly dry until we win the title. If we do, every single one of them I know (admittedly not too many) is going to end up deleting my number.

One of my closest friends is (a none bitter) one of them. He’s not been answering my calls

Reactions: TN8
Keeping my powder well and truly dry until we win the title. If we do, every single one of them I know (admittedly not too many) is going to end up deleting my number.
I'm the same mate.

After the last 8 years of condescending sneering I wont miss them should we win it this season.

I wont mention the game tomorrow unless they do.

It is a wholesome feeling knowing that at 1415 yesterday, hundreds of thousands of us, in every country in the world, acted in exactly the same way and for a few minutes at least, had no worries at all.

We have every right to be hopeful that the tide has turned. It looks like it may have done. However, we are under 1/3 of the way through the campaign, have seen collapse after collapse and we all now know better than to fall foul of hubris.

We will have some poor days this season and when we do, we need to keep the head, accept them and give them no more import than the good days.

I would not like to think that we have been disrespectful to anyone in the last two days.

Said any Rangers supporter ever. Each and every win against them seems to get sweeter and sweeter.
I liked the way SG and the team reacted. Was like yeah great 3 points but nothing is done and on to the next

Yeah it was dealt with appropriately from the players and staff point of view. A few handshakes, few hugs and then act as if it’s just another three points.

Nothing over the top, kept it respectful but acknowledged it was a big win.

The fans? Aye after everything we’ve been through for the past decade I’ll quite rightly dine out on this for a few days.

But I’m not going to go overboard. That’ll be for when we win the league.

I will be fücking unbearable when we win the league especially if it is this season. Like I can see me getting my face kicked in levels of unbearable.

I don't think I had ever been so anxious before an old firm game before, all that worrying to win so easily :)
I was up until 5am and had absolutely nothing to worry about.
Honestly don't think the nerves will ever go. When playing that mob. Seems to be getting worse the older im getting.

I thought we would win. Believed it totally for once and voiced that opinion.

I've mocked this certain belief that Celtic fans have that they have better players.

I've acted unsurprised since - in fact I've said we could have played better and scored more.

The silent seethe is a joy.

We fist pumped them at the end also, well those that waited around.

Broonaldo fuuked off scuttling up the tunnel.

I love it. Their pain just needs a little more salt to rub into their wounds, and a little more and a little more and a little more :))

I wasn't saying it at the time but we probably overdid the celebrations there the last time.

This time was more of a "job done" celebration which augurs well for the rest of the season.

In a few weeks, Celtic will be handed their 4th straight treble, and no matter how corrupt this latest one was, all the trophies will have been in their trophy room since 2017.

Yesterday was glorious, and even a panic merchant like me is feeling pretty optimistic, but until we start taking trophies off them, outplaying them will be in vain.

I'll have a laugh at them this week, but it's nothing compared to the laugh I want to have when we can point to silverware and boast we are back where we belong.

I actually thought the players reactions to the win were as if they believed they are the better team and can beat them now and is the norm. Where as last season it was if it was a cup final when we beat them, hence the celebrations. We have grown as a team and as a group. Its looking pretty good going forward.

Interesting to see Gerrard note that no one should get carried away - probably a reference to his own celebration when we won there in December! That was a reaction that was raw, passionate and visceral. Yesterday's calmer, more composed one suggested that victory wasn't unexpected, that we were the better team, that it's no longer considered unusual or surprising to win there.

Let's hope for more celebrations like yesterday's and then more like December's come May.

Back