Did we play that badly?

Bleak reading mate. We need switched on and firing now, and in basically every game. Bizarrely, for most of us, the Tim's are a game we can be reasonably confident of doing well in. It's incredibly frustrating knowing that dropped points against shite is just around the corner.
Our best run of results under SG is 6 victories then a draw .

On the face of it no. We missed three sitters (4, if you count Arfield's double chance separately, both very scorable.)

But Alfie and Arfield both also scored in the game, and Kent has been our most productive player this season so far.

We were also shafted by an offside goal and multiple bad refereeing decisions.

The problem is the way we conceded the goals. Barisic being too slow to get out to his man, Goldson playing a slack pass to an opposition player in our half, Tavernier showing a one-footed winger onto his good foot in a dangerous position.

The same old culprits, making the same old mistakes away from home against a top 6 side, for the third season in a row is incredibly frustrating.
I like Goldson for the money we paid he has been a good centre half however he is always liable to make that crazy mistake, I wish SG would tell him when the other team is pressing forward just clear your lines, just play out from the back when you are under no pressure, would save us losing a few goals every season.

It was a great game for a neutral but I’m not so the chances we wasted and the mistakes by the officials pissed me off,

Back