Did you know that it’s 55 years since Tina Turner’s first UK hit?

It’s got to be The Best. It HAS to be
Yeah I think your right. S’got to be. Possibly associated with us beyond Scotland? - and so might result in some nice publicity? Graeme Souness’s nostalgic reaction to it when he was commentating on RTV reminded me how iconic it is and with us now once more being the best! Yip has to be.

Just seen a video using It's Over by the magnificence that is Roy Orbison. THE Big O and the Queens 11. Sublime!

For chart hits, The Best is OUR song. Associated with us for decades. Others have come and gone but that’s a constant. There can be no other choice in truth.
I would slightly disagree in that our title parties featured We Are The Champions before The Best was recorded.

I think The Best will get most support, and that's fine. But I would have preferred the Queen song to celebrate us being champions again, as that is what this is all about.

Also think, if we're clever about it, we could publicise it to fans of other clubs who are winning their leagues down south and help bump up the number of downloads to get it higher in the chart.

I would slightly disagree in that our title parties featured We Are The Champions before The Best was recorded.

I think The Best will get most support, and that's fine. But I would have preferred the Queen song to celebrate us being champions again, as that is what this is all about.

Also think, if we're clever about it, we could publicise it to fans of other clubs who are winning their leagues down south and help bump up the number of downloads to get it higher in the chart.
Fair point mate. It is another perennial - but for everybody and not just us. I think we could get fans of other clubs to support the Queen song but you could be sure, if they did, the story would be one of ‘City fans top the charts’ or ‘Norwich fans make it to No. 1’.

Fair point mate. It is another perennial - but for everybody and not just us. I think we could get fans of other clubs to support the Queen song but you could be sure, if they did, the story would be one of ‘City fans top the charts’ or ‘Norwich fans make it to No. 1’.
I get that, and totally see the point.

Depends how important getting Number 1 is, as I doubt we can do that alone.

Ah f*ck it. I'm plumping for We Are The Champions, as I have just booked tickets for next June to go see Queen.

Bob Reilly introduced the song after getting back from Melbourne. He came over with John Mcgregor Stuart Munro and couple of others. Introduction night Frank Barrett Cub President at the time was calling them up one by one and each time played Simply the best.
Next night at the dance same thing , then on the Sunday at the Q and A time same thing.
So can thank WEEfrank for that song .

Bob Reilly introduced the song after getting back from Melbourne. He came over with John Mcgregor Stuart Munro and couple of others. Introduction night Frank Barrett Cub President at the time was calling them up one by one and each time played Simply the best.
Next night at the dance same thing , then on the Sunday at the Q and A time same thing.
So can thank WEE frank for that song .

It has to be Simply the Best. I’d go further and say a simultaneous play should be organised. Have it blaring out the windows up and down the country all at the same time.

Amazing replies.. 4 different suggestions and someone who thinks we would have no chance (we got Joe Gardner in the top 10)

Like the auld saying goes, leave two Rangers supporters on a deserted Island and by the end of a the first week you'd have three fan groups.
I laughed. 2 single supporters group & a joint 2 man supporters group

Back