Did you think that Morelos looks off the pace today?

I mentioned in the match thread that he looked a bit less eager than normal, I reckon the off-field stuff combined with the corrupt officials has got to him.

Not really surprising, it seems to be the culmination of the relentless campaign against him paying off.

Looks like he’s carrying an injury. Still scored today and Wednesday night and had them both wrongly chopped off. So he’s not doing too badly

Feast or a famine with Alfie ! His performances lately have frustrated the absolute shit out of me ! His touch and passing are horrendously bat atm ! Really of it !

His touch and link up play has been terrible along with his decision making at times but we are not exactly creating a lot of chances for him either. Just a reflection of the whole team really. Hopefully gets back to form soon.

Morelos is a shadow of the player he’s been in the first half of the season, since he’s returned from the winter break

His poor finishing cost us the win against Aberdeen and Killie. Today he looked disinterested for large parts of the game

Hard to be overly critical though considering he’s carried us so much

Last edited by a moderator:
he doesn’t look happy and I’ve a feeling he wants to go as soon as , which will be in the summer , he has been forced out of this country by racists and bigots

Can he help us win the Scottish cup , if its his farewell I hope so

Morelos is a shadow of the player he’s been in the first half of the season, since he’s returned from the winter break

His poor finishing cost us the win against Aberdeen and Hearts. Today he looked disinterested for large parts of the game

Hard to be overly critical though considering he’s carried us so much
Add Kilmarnock to that as well had a great chance with a free header

The sad bit about it is we are a very average team without his scoring form

He's been off the pace since coming back.

But I also think he looked far more useful when Kamberi came on. Morelos knew exactly what was required of him, winning the ball and holding it up for us to get men into the box.

Looks to me his heads down by all the crap going on around him Alfredo seems to be at his happiest when he's moaning at everyone that's when he's on fire .Noticed today he was very subdued . Nothing a hat trick will not help lift him .Just wish they would give the man a break

I love Alfredo and he’s done so much for us this season, but he’s off the boil and needs to get his head up and get back to where he was before the break.

Hes well off the pace, looks overweight and disinterested at times!!! Also in the training clips he looks lacklustre in the warm ups and half arsed.

Yes he can score goals and also be invaluable to the side but seems like his hearts not in it at present.

He doesn't look with it at the moment but I'll be honest. I am not surprised. I think giving him Kamberi to play alongside would make a difference. However, he has taken so much shit over the last few weeks it must be really difficult for him.

His goal today was absolutely fine though and should have stood. He needs more of that for his confidence.

Don't think Gerrard is helping him at the moment though...

he must be sick to the back teeth of scottish football.and had a perfectly good goal chopped of today.hopefully the euefa cup game gets him going again.

Referees must eventually have an effect on him. Two good goals in a week chopped off by cheats / incompetence.

I feel he’s Missing Defoe both in how he leads by example, and for having good competition pushing him. No matter how he plays just now, he’s gonna start. Not always the case when Defoe is ready to step in

He was getting beaten to balls he looked favourite to win.

Im confident it will come though and Thursday is his stage.

I thought Alfie played better when Kamberi came on.
I'd like to see us go 4 4 2 , let's face it,it can't be worse than what we are seeing at the moment
Agreed against most teams at Ibrox who just defend we should play 442!
Thinking about it now though Alfie usually doesn’t like anyone up beside him

I thought 2nd half he looked more like himself and he obviously had a perfectly good goal chopped off for the 2nd match running.

He has put on weight and is off the pace. Shout out to the genius who decided it was a good idea to give him an extended break in January.

His sharpness will only return with more games. There's no other solution right now than to keep playing him, really. It's also worth bearing in mind he' scored perfectly fine goals in each of his last 3 games.

Aye that baffled me. Its backfired on us too but as you say we just have to keep him playing, a goal against Braga would give him a big boost.

Personally I think he has had a few poor games recently. Perhaps he has been troubled by the numerous negative press articles having a go at him.

I am confident he will come good on Thursday night.

He clearly is having a dip at the moment, along with 90% of the team. If his goals count vs Killie & Livi as they should have he would be sitting with 3 goals in his last 3 games. He seems to thrive off playing in the Europa hopefully see him back to his best on Thursday night.

He is having a bit of a dip in form and i thought he looked a wee bit heavy yesterday. Not surprising really considering the grief the tabloids give him. Wouldn't be surprised if he played a blinder on Thursday though!

looking back at the highlights he had a couple of really great passes and was very unlucky a couple of times. then throw in the onside goal that was chopped off.. maybe we are being a bit harsh on him?

I think he gets a pass given what's he's been subjected to but also taking into account his contribution up until the dip

Back