Diddy Clubs - Timewasting

No. Back to the point of refs failing to deal with it. We shouldnt need to overcome what is tantamount to breaking the rules.

You're going in circles, mate. You're conflating the ethics of time-wasting (which your post previous to this was about and the only thing I'm addressing in this thread) with how it just be dealt with by referees.

You're going in circles, mate. You're conflating the ethics of time-wasting (which your post previous to this was about and the only thing I'm addressing in this thread) with how it just be dealt with by referees.

Delaying the restart of the game is a cautionable offence. Yes?

How often do you see our opponents booked for it?

Ref was terrible yesterday, let them away with murder as well as time wasting and stealing yards at throw ins. We are definately refereed to a different set of rules to other clubs.

Hardly ever. Refs are out to get us, we're reffed to different standards, etc, zzz.

Again, not the point I'm making.

I dont really care for point to be honest.

Teams break the rules by timewasting and refs dont deal with it. End of.

Ive already addressed your point about is doing it. Halliday got booked in the last game I recall us doing it.

I dont really care for point to be honest.

Teams break the rules by timewasting and refs dont deal with it. End of.

Ive already addressed your point about is doing it. Halliday got booked in the last game I recall us doing it.

I don't agree with a single word of what you've said about refs, though.

In your final point you are again conflating the ethics of doing it at all (which is what the OP and my first reply to this thread was about) with how it's dealt with by the refs.

All I've suggested is that's folly to suggest that Rangers don't do or that we should be having a go at diddy clubs for doing it against us.

How the refs deal with it is a different matter which you see hell-bent on introducing to this conversation when it's an entirely different topic to what has been discussed and the point I'm making.

I don't agree with a single word of what you've said about refs, though.

In your final point you are again conflating the ethics of doing it at all (which is what the OP and my first reply to this thread was about) with how it's dealt with by the refs.

All I've suggested is that's folly to suggest that Rangers don't do or that we should be having a go at diddy clubs for doing it against us.

How the refs deal with it is a different matter which you see hell-bent on introducing to this conversation when it's an entirely different topic to what has been discussed and the point I'm making.

The OP asked what does everybody think.

This is what I think about it. Referees dont deal with it when it is against the rules of the game. Teams push their luck with soft officials.

So im not introducing a different matter

The OP asked what does everybody think.

This is what I think about it. Referees dont deal with it when it is against the rules of the game. Teams push their luck with soft officials.

So im not introducing a different matter

Maybe not introducing, then. But getting mixed up.

Post 42 seems to have a go at a smaller team using time-wasting at all.

In all my years of watching football the current Kilie are the most anti-football team out there, the have it down to an art form. Freekicks, shys, goal kicks all take an age, players going down with the slightest contact requiring the game be stopped for physio to come on, anything goes to kill the amount of game time. An absolutely horrible side with little intention of playing attacking football, I bloody hate them.

It’s up to the referee to take action. One booking for time wasting would have seen it stop but he was complicit in their anti-football from the first whistle.

Halliday got booked for it

How often has an opponent been booled for it in the last 4 games.
I'm pretty sure that in all our league games last season, the only person booked for time wasting was Wes at Easter Road when we won 2-1.

So in all of those games at Ibrox when we were behind, not one opposition player was wasting time apparently.

Tbh, its a bonkers rule - it should be completely objective yet refs are allowed to enforce it or not as they see fit.

It's a horrible way to do it but they are allowed get away with it every time.

• Dirty tackles that take forever to go punished and as a result they end up with multiple cards but never sending off.
  • Dive at any opportunity then lump the ball into the box. Refs believe that by the virtue of them collapsing that it must be a free kick.
  • Provoke our players.
  • Waste a load of time.
  • Take an absolute liberty with stealing yards at throw ins.

The standard of refereeing in this country is unspeakably shit.
Saved me from typing this. I detest the likes of Aberdeen and Kilmarnocks style of football. Its no wonder this country is a footballing backwater.

Agree with the OP concerning the blatant time wasting. Every team, including us, can slow things down a bit, but seeing the extent to which teams are allowed to waste time without the ref either chasing them up or adding extra minutes is just hugely frustrating.
On this topic I’ve taken a great dislike to the Killie goalkeeper Bachmann over the last two games against them. Can’t stand him now!

In all my years of watching football the current Kilie are the most anti-football team out there, the have it down to an art form. Freekicks, shys, goal kicks all take an age, players going down with the slightest contact requiring the game be stopped for physio to come on, anything goes to kill the amount of game time. An absolutely horrible side with little intention of playing attacking football, I bloody hate them.

If anything that actually shows how astute of a manager Clarke is. He finds a way to get results made up of a team of journeyman and players picked up from non league football in England. He's done one he'll of a job and truly polished turds of players

Its the same at pretty much every away game too unless we go ahead. The last couple of away matches at Easter Road and Pittodrie were shocking for it from the off, but the ref does hee haw about it.

If anything that actually shows how astute of a manager Clarke is. He finds a way to get results made up of a team of journeyman and players picked up from non league football in England. He's done one he'll of a job and truly polished turds of players

Cannot disagree with your view of Clarke and the Killie fans do love him. However as I said I really hate games against them.

It's getting beyond a joke the amount of time wasting the diddy clubs get up to at Ibrox.

Yesterday the Rangers players had to get the ball for the Kilmarnock players for a number of the throw-ins. Also fetch the ball for some of the free kicks.

Their goalkeeper took ages to do anything plus the players and their fake injuries

Are they told to do that by Steve Clarke, is that part of their strategy?

Aberdeen were the same last week. How much football do we really get over 90 minutes.

Perhaps it's just because we are not 2-0 up, I don't know.

What does everyone think?
It’s as much cheating as any other cheating, like diving, but, for some reason or another, doesn’t carry the same stigma and is accepted as just “gamesmanship” and part of the game.
Even by a number of our own support who ask if I complained when we did it against European opposition.

This is how teams play against us, particularly at Ibrox. I'd be expecting us to do the same (and we do - if you'd seen Mac in goals this season) - against equivalent opposition for us.

It's our job to be good enough to deal with it. Anything else is just sour grapes.
So, how do you “deal with it”?
Hope you get the goal within the time that you’re allowed to play for?
The ever diminishing time, by the way.
It’s feckin cheating.

Morelos shouldn't have been sent off in the first place, though. It was a decision widely interpreted to be extremely harsh.

I also wonder if you've ever seen our keeper when we're a couple of goals up.
Yes and has he been booked for it, like Halliday was?
I’m really dumbstruck at the acceptance of this.

Why wouldn't Kilmarnock time waste?If you used the analogy of a car race, we're starting with a Ferrari, they're in a Fiat Punto.

Of course they're going to cut corners by fouling, time wasting, doing anything to stop us getting into a rhythm.

Teams have done to us for as long as I remember and it happens to the biggest teams all around the world. We used to deal with it by putting the ball in the back of the net quite often and winning the game.
As much as you’re right well, aside from the ridiculous analogy, you’d need to be very young not to see how much worse this has become wven just in the last two or three seasons.

So, how do you “deal with it”?
Hope you get the goal within the time that you’re allowed to play for?
The ever diminishing time, by the way.
It’s feckin cheating.

So it's cheating that we take part in as well, then?

As far as I can see you've jumped straight in as soon as you've seen my first post and not bothered reading any of my other contributions to the thread.

Something that really infuriates me apart from the blatantly obvious time wasting is when the ball goes out for a throw to opposition and they literally go 10 to 15 yards ahead of where it went out and the ref and linesman don’t do anything about.
Happens every single game

Something that really infuriates me apart from the blatantly obvious time wasting is when the ball goes out for a throw to opposition and they literally go 10 to 15 yards ahead of where it went out and the ref and linesman don’t do anything about.
Happens every single game

They're not allowed to touch it.

It's a shite rule but at least saves the paranoid timing how long certain linesmen take to kick back the ball.

They're not allowed to touch it.

It's a shite rule but at least saves the paranoid timing how long certain linesmen take to kick back the ball.
I mean they let the players go 10/15 yards up the line from where the ball goes out it’s quite ridiculous sometimes.

We did it in Europe. If we were pumping the “diddy teams” 3 or 4 nil like we should be it wouldn’t be an issue.

As much as you’re right well, aside from the ridiculous analogy, you’d need to be very young not to see how much worse this has become wven just in the last two or three seasons.

Our wage bill is around 10 times this size of Kilmarnock's, they pay less to players than Dundee.

I'm 30, what's got worse in the last 7 years is the standard of player in our team. Players with less quality can't take their chances and are physically weaker. Diddy teams have played the same way against us all my life, it's nothing new.

So it's cheating that we take part in as well, then?

As far as I can see you've jumped straight in as soon as you've seen my first post and not bothered reading any of my other contributions to the thread.
Do you read every post on a thread before commenting on it?
You remember what each poster posted on a thread?

Our wage bill is around 10 times this size of Kilmarnock's, they pay less to players than Dundee.

I'm 30, what's got worse in the last 7 years is the standard of player in our team. Players with less quality can't take their chances and are physically weaker. Diddy teams have played the same way against us all my life, it's nothing new.

The whole wage bill thing is a misnomer. If it was as simple as paying more wages than the rest, then you'd never get shock results, or cup upsets.

If you swap our squad with Kilmarnock's, and in turn, swap the expectations, the "new" Killie team would absolutely run riot.

Real Madrid have typically paid the highest wages and transfer fees in the world for the best part of 10 years, yet they've won 2 league titles in that time. Inter Milan have been the biggest spenders in Italy the last 10 years, 2 league titles. Don't have 10 year stats for England, but last 5 years, Man U have spent £500M, no league titles. You get my point.

You can buy expensive players on big wages, but if they're not the right fit, with the right mentality for a big club, then losing semi-regularly to the underdogs will happen.

Regardless of the fact we've been through the doldrums, we're still the biggest club in the country, and everyone wants to beat us. We play 38 cup finals a season, and we need players who accept that fact and more importantly embrace it.

The whole wage bill thing is a misnomer. If it was as simple as paying more wages than the rest, then you'd never get shock results, or cup upsets.

If you swap our squad with Kilmarnock's, and in turn, swap the expectations, the "new" Killie team would absolutely run riot.

Real Madrid have typically paid the highest wages and transfer fees in the world for the best part of 10 years, yet they've won 2 league titles in that time. Inter Milan have been the biggest spenders in Italy the last 10 years, 2 league titles. Don't have 10 year stats for England, but last 5 years, Man U have spent £500M, no league titles. You get my point.

You can buy expensive players on big wages, but if they're not the right fit, with the right mentality, then losing semi-regularly to the underdogs will happen.

You might want to read through my posts in the quoted conversation, you're arguing against a point I never made there.

My point was that it's natural Kilmarnock will play a certain way against us due to our resources and the ability of our team dwarfing theirs. That happens the world over for the shocks you mention.

I never mentioned that the wage bill should stop us from losing or drawing against minnows sometimes.

Kilmarnock would seriously get football stopped. Appalling to watch as a spectacle. Then again that's our problem to overcome which we aren't doing enough.

When we're chasing a game, our ball boys should be on their toes every time the ball is out of play.

Get the ball back to whichever player is taking the throw in or corner, no matter which team it's for.

Let's us get play going as soon as we can or highlights the other team time wasting when they just hold on to the ball.

So many small things wrong at Ibrox from safe standing, number of clued up ball boys, failure to back up our players when fouled etc.

Lions led by donkeys.

Back