Diddy Clubs - Timewasting

_WATP_

It's getting beyond a joke the amount of time wasting the diddy clubs get up to at Ibrox.

Yesterday the Rangers players had to get the ball for the Kilmarnock players for a number of the throw-ins. Also fetch the ball for some of the free kicks.

Their goalkeeper took ages to do anything plus the players and their fake injuries

Are they told to do that by Steve Clarke, is that part of their strategy?

Aberdeen were the same last week. How much football do we really get over 90 minutes.

Perhaps it's just because we are not 2-0 up, I don't know.

What does everyone think?

We don’t help ourselves by letting them score first
Also ball boys don’t look bloody interested , we should have more out when we are losing and when winning (forgot what that was like ) bring half them in

They have always done this, and always will. It is up to the Scottish Corruption Association to stop it, so don't hold your breath.

This is a major factor in why SPL 'football' is so shite, refs just want an easy life. Time wasting at dead balls also condoning bad fouls, ignoring players stealing yards at free kicks and throw ins indulging fake injuries and allowing opposing players to mob them at every decision and the refs taking a minutes to write "red 7, yellow foul play" in their notebooks combine to result in more than a third of a game just disappearing.
This is down to refs compliance, their corruption is another factor.

Full backs putting tbe ball up their shirt ,gaining 10 yards or more at throw ins ,annoys the fck out of me

Kilmarnock in particular have turned this into an art form, goalie holds the ball for an age (what happened to that six second rule) pissing about at throw ins and the fake injuries when we start to get some momentum going. The ridiculous number of yards they steal at throw in’s boils my piss too, it’s not difficult for refs and linesmen to manage but it’s just ignored. Then there is the cynical foul every time someone goes past one of them, they are chopped down.

Two solutions to the time wasting are playing multi-ball and having ball boys who are fully briefed on what they should be doing and making sure they return the ball as quickly , or as slow as possible depending on the score or if it's a break for the opposition. But best solution for me is to make sure we don't give them a goal of a start.

The amount of times one of their players just dropped yesterday was frustrating as fck, Power was the only one that actually had anything wrong with him.

The last two home games were really frustrating overall with the antics going on, but we gave them the opportunity by gifting two of the softest goals you'll ever see.

When we're chasing a game, our ball boys should be on their toes every time the ball is out of play.

Get the ball back to whichever player is taking the throw in or corner, no matter which team it's for.

Let's us get play going as soon as we can or highlights the other team time wasting when they just hold on to the ball.

Wish we’d have been as clued up in all those matches where we’ve lost a lead this season.

It's getting beyond a joke the amount of time wasting the diddy clubs get up to at Ibrox.

Yesterday the Rangers players had to get the ball for the Kilmarnock players for a number of the throw-ins. Also fetch the ball for some of the free kicks.

Their goalkeeper took ages to do anything plus the players and their fake injuries

Aberdeen were the same last week. How much football do we really get over 90 minutes.

This is how teams play against us, particularly at Ibrox. I'd be expecting us to do the same (and we do - if you'd seen Mac in goals this season) - against equivalent opposition for us.

It's our job to be good enough to deal with it. Anything else is just sour grapes.

There was talk of the 30 minute halves and the clock being stopped when the ball goes out of play. Instantly kills time wasting stone dead but all the da's went full moonhowling over the idea of it

This is how teams play against us, particularly at Ibrox. I'd be expecting us to do the same (and we do - if you'd seen Mac in goals this season) - against equivalent opposition for us.

It's our job to be good enough to deal with it. Anything else is just sour grapes.

We want referees to apply the laws of the game properly though.

This shite doesnt get allowed in european football for example.

Look at Morelos being sent off v UFA. Stuff like that happens with our opponents in Scotland and nothing happens.

A handful of Killie players slagging Gerrard off on twitter this morning after his comments.

On the basis that his comments were correct, and the height of their careers is playing for Killie, I’d suggest saying nothing would have been more appropriate.

Look at Morelos being sent off v UFA. Stuff like that happens with our opponents in Scotland and nothing happens.

This idea of being “good enough to deal with it” is beyond bonkers.

That’s the point of cheating and gamesmanship, you can’t just overcome it with determination, particularly when it’s a multi layered problem where referees are compliant in allowing the cheating to occur.

Morelos shouldn't have been sent off in the first place, though. It was a decision widely interpreted to be extremely harsh.

I also wonder if you've ever seen our keeper when we're a couple of goals up.

We don't help ourselves in this regard either. I don't know where we get the ballboys from but they should be told to get the ball returned to play as soon as possible. Most of the time it takes them ages to get to it (If its bouncing then god help us) and most of them can't throw the ball the length of themselves. Would it be that difficult to have a multi-ball system in operation?

Hardly the biggest issue, but if we can't stop other teams slowing the game down then we need to at least do everything we can to minimise the effects.

I think timekeeping at football games should be taken out of the refs hands. I'd reduce games to 70 or 80 minutes but stop the clock when the ball goes dead.

Morelos shouldn't have been sent off in the first place, though. It was a decision widely interpreted to be extremely harsh.

I also wonder if you've ever seen our keeper when we're a couple of goals up.

Point is that sort of stuff happens regularly in Scotland. Kicking the ball away, dissent, delaying the game. Nothing happens.

What about McGregor?

Halliday got booked for timewasting the last time i recall us doing it, against celtic.

Whens the last time one of our opponents got booked for it?

This idea of being “good enough to deal with it” is beyond bonkers.

That’s the point of cheating and gamesmanship, you can’t just overcome it with determination, particularly when it’s a multi layered problem where referees are compliant in allowing the cheating to occur.

Teams across the world time-waste when they're in front or seeking a good result.

Killie did it yesterday. We've done it throughout the season.

It's simply one of them where you're happy when you're in the position of being able to do it and angry you're not.

Point is that sort of stuff happens regularly in Scotland. Kicking the ball away, dissent, delaying the game. Nothing happens.

What about McGregor?

Halliday got booked for timewasting the last time i recall us doing it, against celtic.

Whens the last time one of our opponents got booked for it?

The original post doesn't refer to referees' treatment of time-wasting and neither did mine.

I'm just highlighting the utter double standards of moaning about it when we - and our keeper in particular is a master at it - have used it at different times this season as well.

The sooner they change it to a 30 minute half while the ball is in play the better. One simple change that would eradicate the problem all together.
Would certainly sort out the time wasting problem, but a big part of what they do is to disrupt the play and break the game up as much as possible, so we can't get any momentum going or build up a head of steam. If it takes till midnight to play 2 x 30 minute halves of football, they'll be quite happy.

Why wouldn't Kilmarnock time waste?If you used the analogy of a car race, we're starting with a Ferrari, they're in a Fiat Punto.

Of course they're going to cut corners by fouling, time wasting, doing anything to stop us getting into a rhythm.

Teams have done to us for as long as I remember and it happens to the biggest teams all around the world. We used to deal with it by putting the ball in the back of the net quite often and winning the game.

The original post doesn't refer to referees' treatment of time-wasting and neither did mine.

I'm just highlighting the utter double standards of moaning about it when we - and our keeper in particular is a master at it - have used it at different times this season as well.

We dont do it from kick off though, do we?

The sooner they change it to a 30 minute half while the ball is in play the better. One simple change that would eradicate the problem all together.
It doesn’t fully solve the problem, the game is slowed down if it’s stopping and starting. They don’t want us to get any momentum so take their time at any opportunity.

We should introduce a multi ball system (if we’re allowed).

Why wouldn’t they, we gift them something to hang on to, the refs let them away with it and we only seem to have one ball in stadium.

Every throw in Kilmarnock and Aberdeen stole about 15/20 yards per throw and wasted good bit of time. Refs blow their whistle constantly and kid on they’re interested, never going to do anything about it.

We don't help ourselves in this regard either. I don't know where we get the ballboys from but they should be told to get the ball returned to play as soon as possible. Most of the time it takes them ages to get to it (If its bouncing then god help us) and most of them can't throw the ball the length of themselves. Would it be that difficult to have a multi-ball system in operation?

Hardly the biggest issue, but if we can't stop other teams slowing the game down then we need to at least do everything we can to minimise the effects.

This is the very reason we don't have a multi-ball system here. It works against the time wasting clubs.

We need to analyse the opposition better if we want to pick them apart. My only criticism of Gerrard is that he seems solely focused on making a team that plays well all the time, and not individual game management/going for the result.

It's a horrible way to do it but they are allowed get away with it every time.

• Dirty tackles that take forever to go punished and as a result they end up with multiple cards but never sending off.
  • Dive at any opportunity then lump the ball into the box. Refs believe that by the virtue of them collapsing that it must be a free kick.
  • Provoke our players.
  • Waste a load of time.
  • Take an absolute liberty with stealing yards at throw ins.

The standard of refereeing in this country is unspeakably shit.

Back