Didier Agathe tribute to Fernando

imager

Administrator
Staff member
True respect to his friend,

......I am sad today and I will always be sad news of a departed friend and former opponent .... I learned that today Fernando Riksen passed away and I would sincerely associate my prayers and my thoughts to all those who support a club, a player, a cause, a manager to put love first ... yes Love before the other because as one we cry today Fernando was a man, a father, a husband and a passionate player ... let's all try on this day and for the rest of our lives remember those who have left too early.For all those who remain let's share them all despite their conditions, membership, colour , clubs or religions .. condolences to his family ... God bless you all. Football is only a game but Fathers are for life . I will remember Fernando as a friend first and a wonderful person.
Didier Agathe

Family comes first ....... Club a close second!
Fernando deserves every good word said about him. Legend, Hero, warrior.

Very well said. Met Didier Agathe on a night out in Glasgow once. Despite being one of them, he was an absolute gent.

Im honestly a little taken aback by the tributes. I expected it from Rangers of course. But other clubs all over Britain and Europe doing it too shows the respect for the man, the player & the campaigner.
I’ll be the first to admin I didn’t have a clue what MND was prior to Fernando’s diagnosis. I think his legacy goes far beyond the commando on the pitch. He will be remembered for the exposure of this horrible disease, his fight against it, knowing while it was futile for him he could help people in the future by raising funds and donating his dna as well.

I’m still a bit hollow about it. Like I’ve not processed it. I honestly think I’ll get a bit too emotional when I am at Ibrox tonight and “Fernando” is playing over the tannoy

Tributes coming in from everywhere yet we have a BBC Sportscene pundit, who is very active on twitter, that has failed to comment.

True respect to his friend,

......I am sad today and I will always be sad news of a departed friend and former opponent .... I learned that today Fernando Riksen passed away and I would sincerely associate my prayers and my thoughts to all those who support a club, a player, a cause, a manager to put love first ... yes Love before the other because as one we cry today Fernando was a man, a father, a husband and a passionate player ... let's all try on this day and for the rest of our lives remember those who have left too early.For all those who remain let's share them all despite their conditions, membership, colour , clubs or religions .. condolences to his family ... God bless you all. Football is only a game but Fathers are for life . I will remember Fernando as a friend first and a wonderful person.
Didier Agathe

There should be a golden like button reserved for posts like this.
Didier Agathe, although you played for our opponents you have shown yourself to be a true gentleman and a sportsman of the highest honour.

Back