Diego Laxalt

He wasn't their best player at all Ajer saved them from a bigger embarrassment so I'd say he was better than this guy.

Dutfus looked like he'd crawled out a shite old caravan to play and their forwards lol

Despite the utterly ridiculous look of the boy, he’s clearly just an average player. Neither as good as his fee to Milan would suggest or as bad as we want him to be.

I will say this though, there is something about him that suggests to me that he’s going to take the Boruc route with them. Will go full on mongo for them. And they’ll forgive him all his failures because they’ll lap up, just like this did with Boruc.

He was utter garbage at Milan and worse at Torino. Probably will be marginally better than Bolingoli or Taylor by virtue of plying his trade in a tough league for the past few years. He's got pace and he's half decent going forward. Can't defend. He can be got at and as you could see he's not the most physical player in the world. He's a wing back more so than a Leftback. Cannot play in a back 4. Not solid enough defensively.

He gets picked for Uruguay because they aren't exactly stacked at Leftback.

Not sure how anyone on this thread could've been watching the same game as me. He & Ajer were their best of a bad bunch.

Would've deservedly been a cricket score for us otherwise.
Ajer certainly kept the score down, Laxalt was all over the place at our 2nd goal.

Looked out his depth, far too soon for such a start. Why not play Taylor who had a run out with Scotland, just highlights their poor management.

I have to agree. I think some of the criticism of this girl is a bit silly. That was not a bad performance considering it was his first OF game, and also because going from Italian to Scottish football is a big change of style.
Yep, we should know by now it’s a bit silly to slaughter a player and judge them on their first game, especially an OF game. Ricksen had a shocker for us on his debut and didn’t exactly turn out to badly.

Going forward, he looked OK. Not anywhere the quality of Barisic, but OK. Defensively he was all over the place.

Haven't seen a thread dedicated to this weird looking specimen yet

Whats your thoughts troops:D:D:D
Milan paid £13m for him.

Not useless but no great. Surely there’s someone at least as good in their reserves or youths. Still...

Guy was on a hiding to nothing. Lennon threw him under a bus. Did ok, but like their entire team yesterday did not seem to know what his role was.
The fact that Milan will let him play against them is pretty damning.

Guy was on a hiding to nothing. Lennon threw him under a bus. Did ok, but like their entire team yesterday did not seem to know what his role was.
The fact that Milan will let him play against them is pretty damning.
Your last sentence I’ve been saying that to declans since she signed for them.They fear her that much they didn’t restrict her in these games.

I thought without a doubt he was the worst player on the park. Absolute garbage. Did nothing. Had a couple of moans at the ref and looked like he was praying to god. Hopeless.

How can that d1ck on superscoreboard try to say Laxalt was terrific yesterday? He's energetic but looks rash, dives into challenges, gives away cheap fouls, gets sold dummies and 1-2s incredibly easily, his crossing also looks poor.

Ajer stopped it from being 3 or 4 nil & he would be the only player who i thought wasn't a complete embarrassment for them.

He looked an upgrade on the 47 left backs they’ve bought since Biscuit Hips got his Biscuit implants.

In spite of looking like a girl he’s a big physical upgrade on Taylor. Playing him changed our whole approach. Instead of McGregor’s under pressure out ball being a high ball for Tav to outjump Taylor he had to change to a high ball for Borna to outjump their other midget wing back. TLB tactical masterclass

He looked good going forward, but a liability at the back. Totally sold himself at our second goal.
He has 12 goals and 13 assists in his whole career and majority of those games was in LM so he cant be that good going forward. Tav will beat that this season :))

People saying about playing against AC. Is it not a thing with UEFA where they dont allow the no playing against parent club when on loan?

Thought he was their best player if honest. Tav was prevented from doing his usual gsme. His crossing into the box was negated. Outwith the first goal Tav done very little. Both players negated each other.
Nonsense. We set up tactically to keep Tav and Borna deeper than usual to bring their wing backs forward leaving loads of space in behind them for our front 3 and it worked perfectly. That was nothing to do with this wee girls performance. He was pish.

He was one of there better players and that’s saying something cause he was pish. Defensively he looks atrocious which is pleasing.

As someone posted the other day on here under his photo.

Celtic have signed a 15 year old lassie just back her holidays from Benidorm, made me chuckle.

A bit surprised people were saying he was their best player. He was absolutely roasted every time and was clearly targeted by us. He did get crosses into the box but they were all crap. Elyanoussi was not great but clearly their biggest threat. I was amazed when he was taken off.

Some of them are saying he’s the only one played decent yesterday. I thought his play was very amateurish. his defending was no where to be seen, at goldsons’ second goal he was stood there with his arms out. Going forward he offered nothing he never tried to pick someone out from a cross he just pumped the ball in hope that a Celtic player would be on the end of it, unlike Borna who usually picks out a cross into the box as seen with the cross for Kent.

I'm going to go against the grain here but while he wasn't a world beater he had good energy and was willing to get forward. Didn't give up on the ball I think goldson was running out. Probably as a standard left back he would be decent but as a wing back he along with from pong didn't seem to know if they were to attack or defend.

Back