Diego Maradona has died

An amazing player who lit up the pitch when he played.

For once being a slightly older chap has meant I was privileged enough to watch him play at no’s peak.

Guy was nuts. But made football look so easy and enjoyable. Legend of the game!
Rest easy DM

Sorry for his families loss but after watching the Fernando doc and to see him let Fernando down it changed my attitude towards him

e78XEYH.gif

RIP to the little madman, what a genius player he was.

An absolute genius with the ball at his feet. Dragged his Napoli and Argentina teams to great heights. Had his demons to deal with, but hopefully at peace now.

He was some player -- probably the best ever (although that will always be an argument that will go on and on ... )

In the Hampden game, Scotland had a fairly decent team and were simply unable to get the ball off of him.
We (I use the term loosely) managed it once, just before half-time I think near the centre line, when John Wark slid in to put the ball out and Maradona jumped over the tackle and trotted away.
Even the journalists the next day said that it just looked as if Maradona merely wanted a break at that point.

An absolute level above anything we're likely to see again for a long long time.

My Argentinian mate just sent me a text and hes devastated. He is God there. They even have a church named after him.
They wont get over this, never ever.
Yes they will - relatively soon too - getting caught up in the heat of the moment.

A fantastic player who lived a freewheeling life off the field.

One of the greatest footballing talents ever.

Can't say I'm surprised to be honest, overeating, drinking and throwing bucket loads of cocaine up his hooter for years.

Something had to give! I'd give more sympathy if he was drug free and treated Ricksen with some compassion.
Hard to feel sympathy after he treated Fernando in that fashion.

Like many Drug addicts he made a mistake, I doubt he done it out of badness.

Forget and forgive for me personally.

3 times? I wouldn’t have brought this up because it’s not the classiest thing to do when someone’s just died, but since someone else did and it’s now being discussed, he was a bit of a shitty person, there’s no point denying it now just because he’s passed away. An almost otherworldly talent, but the Ricksen thing wasn’t a one off, he just wasn’t a very good person. And what he did to Fernando was just absolutely heartless.

I think he edges it by winning a World Cup single handed ( no pun intended ) and for winning an Italian league with what was basically a mid to low league team before he joined them..
Fantastic player.

Back