Diego Maradona has died

He’s a miserable, old, Tory bastard that got out jumped by a 5’5 communist on gear.

Fuck him.
That just tells me if he'd been on gear himself he'd have won the ball, England would therefore have won the match and by extension the World Cup. So that selfish twat not being on the marching powder cost his country the WC, not Maradona's cheating.

Since his death the English media have made the most of his hand of god, rolling out Shilton etc to decry a footballing legend . Maradona was on a different planet to any of them. Only Lineker comes out of what I’ve seen with a bit of dignity

wonder what Terry 3 Lions Butcher has to say about Diego's sad passing, haven't heard anything from him or is he still bitter about getting torn a new one way back then

Since his death the English media have made the most of his hand of god, rolling out Shilton etc to decry a footballing legend . Maradona was on a different planet to any of them. Only Lineker comes out of what I’ve seen with a bit of dignity

Gazza was absolute quality too. The rest of them including the media are so hung up on that one incident it’s tragic.

ITV news tonight had an interview with Shilton. Entire piece was about the quarter final vs England and Shilton calling him out like that was Maradona’s entire footballing career in one split second. Final sentence was Shilton saying he’d let it go now only cos Maradona was in his grave. Sad, bitter old man.

What a wonderful player he was. Looms large over my childhood. Don’t remember much about 86 but I remember him. I must have watched nearly every minute of Italia 90 and there he was again. Remember his tears after losing the final. Then in 94 he looked like he would lead Argentina on one last journey to the final before he was sent home for a drug violation. Utter legend and despite his flaws (we all have them) we have been blessed to watch him on the football field.

ITV news tonight had an interview with Shilton. Entire piece was about the quarter final vs England and Shilton calling him out like that was Maradona’s entire footballing career in one split second. Final sentence was Shilton saying he’d let it go now only cos Maradona was in his grave. Sad, bitter old man.
For some reason the old fool has convinced himself he was due a personal apology from Maradona. You can tell in these interviews that goal has eaten away at him for the last 34 years.

Anyone else seen the photos of him in his coffin? Some knob funeral worker took a selfie with his body and has apparently been sacked since.

Got sent the pics earlier - with a video attached of police discovering a body matching the funeral workers description - ie baldy bastard - found dumped in a bin. Looks to to have been tortured as well.

Headline translates as:

"They find the lifeless body of the funeral home employee who was photographed with Diego Armando Maradona and was later fired".

Very probably WhatsApp shite, but nothing would surprise me given its the mad Argies.

Last edited:
Got sent the pics earlier - with a video attached of police discovering a body matching the funeral workers description - ie baldy bastard - found dumped in a bin. Looks to to have been tortured as well.

Headline translates as:

"They find the lifeless body of the funeral home employee who was photographed with Diego Armando Maradona and was later fired".

Very probably WhatsApp shite, but nothing would surprise me given its the mad Argies.

christ, is that for real?

I thought they’d get an absolute doing, my saying they’d get killed was a bit tongue in cheek because I didn’t actually believe any of them would be murdered.

christ, is that for real?

I thought they’d get an absolute doing, my saying they’d get killed was a bit tongue in cheek because I didn’t actually believe any of them would be murdered.

Like I said, it was on WhatsApp :D

I’ll check the Twitter quoted when I’m home later.

Good article here about Diego.

That was an extraordinary piece of writing.
Maybe the greatest eulogy I have ever read written by someone in football about a player, perhaps the most moving about a person ever.
It carries the emotion evoked by the wonder of Maradona like the legend in his coffin being wafted above a sea of mystical words.

Big Jorge should have stuck to writing instead of football, or perhaps his friend was the ultimate inspiration to his pen?

Absolutely nauseating. Imagine that was a Rangers and Celtic top there.

It’s not a Rangers and a Celtic top though so why bother?

I’m not sure why the idea of bitter rivals with a deep rooted hatred of each other, coming together to grieve for a national hero is nauseating anyway. I’m sure some of you would find world peace nauseating.

Back