Diego Simeone's reaction to Messi's goal

Haven't seen the goal yet but in fairness when your playing against Messi there's %^*& all you can do. No point being a sore loser when he scores may aswell embrace it like everyone else

Quality. Surprised to see it from Simeone in particular though, the guys a psycho (outstanding and underrated coach though).

The goal was a thing of beauty though. A fitting way to wrap up proceedings before flying off to Paris and officially end the Messi vs CR7 debate once and for all.

Haven't seen the goal yet but in fairness when your playing against Messi there's %^*& all you can do. No point being a sore loser when he scores may aswell embrace it like everyone else
Or just boot the gimp in the baws in the tunnel before the game as you can’t get near him during it

Sometimes you just need to accept something was very good. It was a good goal and little could have been done with it. I quite like seeing players and managers showing a bit of respect for outstanding things that happen during games. I think Spanish teams are generally quite good at it - you see an outstanding bit of defending or goalkeeping you often see the players patting them on the back or having a chat.

In Scotland, doing something amazing is disrespectful though. Messi would be slaughtered for carving open Atletico's defence and scoring a goal.

I know this splits opinion massively but it’s Messi > Ronaldo for me.

He’s the greatest player I’ve seen since Kevin Kyle.

Sometimes you just need to accept something was very good. It was a good goal and little could have been done with it. I quite like seeing players and managers showing a bit of respect for outstanding things that happen during games. I think Spanish teams are generally quite good at it - you see an outstanding bit of defending or goalkeeping you often see the players patting them on the back or having a chat.

In Scotland, doing something amazing is disrespectful though. Messi would be slaughtered for carving open Atletico's defence and scoring a goal.
Don’t come here and take the piss.

pB3D8wX.jpg

The day Scottish Football truly showed it’s mediocrity. A piss poor country for football that had a player who dared to give it some flair. The response? You’re gettin halfed mate!

Reinforcing the stereotype of hammer throwers and a joke standard. Pish behaviour like that being encouraged is why the national side continues to plummet.

Whilst it's somewhat admirable to see a manager recognise there quality of goal from the opposition, I'd be absolutely raging if it was our manager doing so.

“With a goal like that all you can do is applaud”

Simeone’s remarks post match

I would love to see Simeone managing in the EPL.

As for Messi wasn’t he going to be surplus to requirements in the Barca squad at the beginning of the season?

I was hoping he would fancy a swansong with us. ;)

Probably because we're that used to seeing incredible stuff from him but I didn't think it was a particularly special goal. Very good one, yeah of course. But by his standards it just feels pretty routine watching him do that!

He's the best ever, without question. Only Maradona gets close for pure footballing ability.

Probably because we're that used to seeing incredible stuff from him but I didn't think it was a particularly special goal. Very good one, yeah of course. But by his standards it just feels pretty routine watching him do that!

He's the best ever, without question. Only Maradona gets close for pure footballing ability.

He's scored carbon copies of that goal for years. I think it was just the timing of it in a very tight match that Barca should really have lost.

Simeone and three Atletico players came out after the match and basically said there's nothing you can do when Messi is on the other team.

Quality. Surprised to see it from Simeone in particular though, the guys a psycho (outstanding and underrated coach though).

The goal was a thing of beauty though. A fitting way to wrap up proceedings before flying off to Paris and officially end the Messi vs CR7 debate once and for all.

Did I miss a major international tournament he finally performed well in? :-D

It’s pretty much a bang average goal for messi and his standards.

Not sure why all the hysteria over it.

Things like this prove to me why he is the best.

He does amazing stuff so routinely a lot of people have become almost numb to it. He plays some amazing passes in games now and the commentators don't even mention them as if they were a simple 2 yard back pass.

Applauding brilliance. Well played. Its good to see a rival appreciating how good someone is regardless of what team they play for.

Wonderful footballer but i take great comfort in knowing that the only player to rattle messi was mr papac who didnt give him a sniff the whole night causing messi to spit the dummy out and give it the anti football patter

It’s pretty much a bang average goal for messi and his standards.

Not sure why all the hysteria over it.
Finally seen the goal

Have to agree. Not worth all the hype.

It's a good goal but it's not a goal I'll remember in years to come, messi has done much better and will do much better in future. But I guess that's why he's the GOAT when something like this leave you expecting more.

Finally seen the goal

Have to agree. Not worth all the hype.

It's a good goal but it's not a goal I'll remember in years to come, messi has done much better and will do much better in future. But I guess that's why he's the GOAT when something like this leave you expecting more.

If you’d saw that goal (having not seen or read any thread on here about it) - you’d think “aye that was a tidy goal” but that’s about it.

Certainly not the wow factor that I was expecting.

However, this all adds to the credit of messi though. That goal is just another average day at the office for him.

First reply? mentally challenged. Claiming it was an average goal. Idiot.

Well it would be average for them. They have £20/£30M players banging in brilliant goals from all over the park in every game after all.

Messi would go for a world record fee. Can you imagine how many gazillions he’d be valued at if he was with the tramps.

I was expecting something better by the way people are going on about it.

Kent scored a b
First reply? mentally challenged. Claiming it was an average goal. Idiot.

It’s a stunning goal. He’s the greatest ever.

As good a goal as it was I was honestly expecting it was something even better.

Its certainly not his best or one of the Greatest goals ever. Granted it is very good.

I was expecting something better by the way people are going on about it.

Kent scored a b

As good a goal as it was I was honestly expecting it was something even better.

Its certainly not his best or one of the Greatest goals ever. Granted it is very good.

To be honest he’s scored umpteen goals better so from a technical point of view I agree with you. But I think it’s more about the context of the game, it was 4 minutes from time, Atletico had actually played superbly and barely given him (or any Barca player) a sniff. Atleti started to push for a winner late on and the first time things really opened up a bit he took the game away from them.

Although not one of his jaw dropping goals it’s still a bit mental how routine that’s because when you see the replay from behind the goal he’s got a really small target to hit due to the bodies in front of him and he does it like it’s a wee tap in for 5-0.

Wonderful footballer but i take great comfort in knowing that the only player to rattle messi was mr papac who didnt give him a sniff the whole night causing messi to spit the dummy out and give it the anti football patter

The fact that people still mention this is really embarrassing tbh. Must've been about 10+ years ago.

Back