Different perspective of Ibrox

Is that maybe the Ochil hills in the background? I think it might be cloud that is given in a more pointed looking peak
I think it is cloud, but from my earlier posts I think it is the Lomond Hills (West Lomond is the 'peak' on the left)

The flats on the right and the Park Circus tower are good indication of the field of view. With Ibrox centre of the frame and knowing the rough point where the picture was taken at the top of Fereneze Braes, it gives a good enough idea. The shot would only have a degree or two to either side of that straight line at most.

9SRyTYI.png

The line runs mostly over flat land through Bishopbriggs up the F&C Canal into Fife and the first real hills in that direction are the Lomond Hills just to the North of Loch Leven. I think the houses/hill behind the flats is Kilsyth at the back of Auchinstarry. From there to Fife is virtually flat.

Maybe any Fife based bears who know the Lomond Hills better will recognise the shape when looking at them from the Kinross / SW direction.
Had another good look at you line mate and can't argue with it's accuracy.

To the left of edgefauld flats is Springburn academy, directly behind that is mansell Street and Hillhouse Street which is the last building you can see, just above the building is the trees in Springburn Park. Looking above that treeline wouldn't be Ben Lomond, it would be the campsie hills but hone of them have a peak like that

Tried putting the photo through a peak finder app and it is suggesting West Lomond in Fife. I'd be a bit surprised if you could see that from Barrhead though!

Camera is a Sony mirrorless one

Tried putting the photo through a peak finder app and it is suggesting West Lomond in Fife. I'd be a bit surprised if you could see that from Barrhead though!

That ties in perfectly with @LetsGo extrapolation line in Google earth. Well done all.

Oh, tripod or very steady arms? :))

That ties in perfectly with @LetsGo extrapolation line in Google earth. Well done all.

Oh, tripod or very steady arms? :))

@ozo @cochise thanks. On a clear day you can see Goat Fell from the Kilsyth Hills which is roughly the same distance so I didn't doubt it would be possible. Seeing central Fife from deepest darkest East Renfrewshire right across Glasgow probably isn't something folk would think is possible but it just goes to show you. An amazing photograph all round.

Back