Digital advertising boards

I know it’s not important in the grand scheme of things but what happened to the planned boards for the second tear? They were ment to be done in winter break then postponed till summer I just assumed they would be done by now.

Was hoping for this to be an update.
would imagine they have already been measured up and just a case of delivering them and clicking into place for installation.
would hope they will be available before the start of the the season.

The club are still going ahead with this and there is a date for it but it’s not for me to say when. I had asked the question and was passed the info on by someone who speaks regularly with the club. Not sure if the club are wanting to announce it themselves or what but it is still going ahead

I know it’s not important in the grand scheme of things but what happened to the planned boards for the second tear? They were ment to be done in winter break then postponed till summer I just assumed they would be done by now.
Don’t like them especially at night games, too bright and a distraction.

Can't imagine they will be operational until fans are allowed into games.

Last edited:
Plenty of time for that to be done between now and fans being allowed back in . Not too happy about it as the brightness hurts my eyes and distracts me from the actual game but it’s modern life and we need to move with the times

That would kind of defeat the purpose would it not? Games on TV, you'd want them on?
You're possibly right mate. But will the camera's pick them up much? Generally I don't think the middle tier is on camera much, as you just tend to see GF, CF, BF and not much above and beyond that.

I'm probably taking pish though! :)

You're possibly right mate. But will the camera's pick them up much? Generally I don't think the middle tier is on camera much, as you just tend to see GF, CF, BF and not much above and beyond that.

I'm probably taking pish though! :)
I tend to agree.
The pitch-side ones are used for the advertisers to catch the attention of the TV cameras.
The higher ones are generally used for fan advertising and info, teams, sub-changes, game-clocks, etc.
Just my observation, but that may delay installation until fans are part of the event.

I tend to agree.
The pitch-side ones are used for the advertisers to catch the attention of the TV cameras.
The higher ones are generally used for fan advertising and info, teams, sub-changes, game-clocks, etc.
Just my observation, but that may delay installation until fans are part of the event.
Yes mate, that was kind of my thought process.

maybe the company thats doing it is still in lockdown and dont have the staff in to deal with it.

When the energy check sponsor deal was released. James Bisgrove said they would be on these tiers on the LED advertising boards

The club are still going ahead with this and there is a date for it but it’s not for me to say when. I had asked the question and was passed the info on by someone who speaks regularly with the club. Not sure if the club are wanting to announce it themselves or what but it is still going ahead

Relatively soon or later in the season?

Will they be up and running during the coming season?.

I think upgrades like this will help to give the stadium a much more modern look and feel. I’m looking forward to seeing them installed.

Back