Dire Mebude

By all accounts meant to be an impressive player so wouldn’t be happy if we were to lose him.

Wonder if we’ll see any involvement from his brother this coming season.

Think you might be right he only turned 16 at the end of May. Whereas the likes of Lowry are 17 in June.
I might be talking shit but didn't he play for U15s at some point last season despite being 15 when the season started?

I might be talking shit but didn't he play for U15s at some point last season despite being 15 when the season started?
Has the lad Lowry been retained, he was impressive as a 15 year old at Alkass. I also saw him at Lesser Hampden this season and was very impressed.

Not entirely related to the professional game but the U15 school team I coached last year played against him & his school and he completely ripped us apart.
Was that Holyrood by any chance ?. We played them when I was in 6th year in 2017 at Toryglen and they had a few boys on the books of teams. Our coach went full Pedro and put myself and 2 other centre mids as a back 3 :))

Was that Holyrood by any chance ?. We played them when I was in 6th year in 2017 at Toryglen and they had a few boys on the books of teams. Our coach went full Pedro and put myself and 2 other centre mids as a back 3 :))

Nah man Boclair. A lot of Rangers youths go there the same way Celtic’s go to St Ninians (Kirkintilloch)

No wonder we haven’t signed the lad if he’s Dire
Too many on here want to slate the club for anything

Not wanting to derail the thread but what ever happened to that wonder kid that the poets saved from somewhere in Africa then left them for Chelsea?

Not wanting to derail the thread but what ever happened to that wonder kid that the poets saved from somewhere in Africa then left them for Chelsea?

He has retired from football to sell hats :D

HAT NEW LOOK
Ex-Celtic wonderkid Islam Feruz ditching football to set up designer cap brand with ‘controversial one’ tagline
EXCLUSIVE
  • Douglas Walker
  • 27 Apr 2020, 21:59
A FORMER Celtic wonderkid has given football the boot to set up his own clothing brand.
Islam Feruz, 24, revealed his line of caps with the logo ‘Tajirii’ — meaning "rich" in Swahili — and said it is “coming soon”.

Islam Feruz is moving into the fashion industryCredit: PA:Empics Sport
The ex-Hibs striker has also posted pictures of black baseball caps with white splashes bearing the red Tajirii logo.
And Footie bad boy Feruz, who moved to Glasgow from Tanzania aged five, plays up to his reputation with “Controversial One” stitched on the back.
The Somalia-born player signed for Celtic aged 10 but left the club for Chelsea at 16.

His line of caps with the logo ‘Tajirii’ - which means 'rich' in Swahili - are 'coming soon'
They bear his 'controverseial one' tag on the back
He was carpeted by the Blues in 2012 when snaps emerged of him in bed with a pal and a woman wearing undies and his Scotland under-21 top.

Then 2014 he was given an 18-month ban for speeding in Glasgow after a sheriff branded his driving “dangerous and outrageous”.
Three years later he was fined £3000 for driving his £80,000 Porsche without insurance.

But just hours after admitting the charge he filmed himself dancing while driving.
He was five when his family arrived in Scotland from his war-torn homeland in 2001.

He signed for the Celts at ten and was soon tipped as a star of the future.
At 14 he played for the first team in 2009 in a memorial match for late club legend Tommy Burns.
Two years later Feruz signed for the England giants before making history as the youngest ever Scotland U21 player aged 16 in 2012. This saw him compared to Brazil superstar Romario.

But he failed to break into the Chelsea first and had various failed loan stints at clubs including his time at Easter Road.

Feruz was finally let go by the English Premier League giants last year and has not been with a club since.

Back