Director John Bennett - now in for £23million

You don't buy shares for short term gain really with the market depressed he'd if wisely invested which is his job make a bigger return over time. He'd could make 6-7% per year just in a tracker fund.

It's far lower rate than we would get offered anywhere else. Probably as low as you can go for the risk
It must be great to have that spare cash .

Threads like this highlight the massive clouding of issues around our boards.

Most complaints are aimed at the performance of the executive board - Robertson, Bisgrove, Wilson, Blair, who are highly paid and have invested nothing.

I do wish people would make more of an effort to separate them from the RIFC board that is made up of owners.

My only complaint with the likes of Park and Bennett is what I believe to be misplaced faith in the poorly performing paid executives.

IMO we're a million miles from calling for a change of ownership, but I do believe the owners could recruit much better people to run the club on a day to day basis, particularly better than Robertson and Wilson.

I was hoping he answered it so that we had a rough idea how much in loans had been repaid since June as a lot of people are saying that's the reason we didn't go out and strengthen the team further after qualifying to the cl group stages. If he had answered the question it would have put that to bed.
I didn't want him to answer it as for me it was a staged question to make the board look bad publicly when in fact they have managed the finances very well.

Out of all the threads I've read on here regards replace the board. I haven't seen any person name a name whom they would replace them with. Are there any out there willing to commit as they do without a very healthy return?

I think it's an amazing personal commitment from him and we need to start being a little more appreciative of these guys.

This.

For some, the performance of the owners and board boils down to whether we are top of the league and regularly winning OF games. Get it right on the pitch and the off field hysteria dials down. And how the board perform is not always reflected on the pitch.

The folk saying they arent fit for purpose would do well to reconsider their stance
In what world could you possibly debate that they are fit for purpose? This isn’t normal for a football club to be pissing tens of millions of pounds down the drain on the regular.

A complete mismanagement of finances. Any other fanbase would be demanding an inquiry into the amount of money pissed down the drain.

•Sports Direct costs running near £15m now
•Memorial Walls settlement for £1m
•CMA fine of £225,000 for price fixing

Litigation still taking place:

•£9m lawsuit from Elite
•£1.6m lawsuit from Sydney Cup organisers

They’re the one reason we keep failing to post a profit. A more competent board would be delivering a profit year in year out, but we’re pissing away tens of millions in litigation. They can’t keep getting away with it.

In what world could you possibly debate that they are fit for purpose? This isn’t normal for a football club to be pissing tens of millions of pounds down the drain on the regular.

A complete mismanagement of finances. Any other fanbase would be demanding an inquiry into the amount of money pissed down the drain.

•£9m lawsuit from Elite
Any other support would be asking why some are idolising the main man uncharge when all that was taking place.

Any other support would be asking why some are idolising the main man uncharge when all that was taking place.
He’s as much to blame as the rest of them.

It’s been %^*& up after %^*& up since King to the current custodians.

And it’s coming out of our pockets.

•£9m lawsuit from Elite

They’re the one reason we keep failing to post a profit. A more competent board would be delivering a profit year in year out, but we’re pissing away tens of millions in litigation. They can’t keep getting away with it.
OK, fair enough. Now provide us with a list of names to replace them along with the amount that each of your names are willing to invest in the club (for little or no return). Then we can debate their merits. I'll start you off:
Mike Ashley wealth £1bn+
Craig Whyte wealth off the radar
Easdales wealth couple of million
Yankee bint not a lot

OK, fair enough. Now provide us with a list of names to replace them along with the amount that each of your names are willing to invest in the club (for little or no return). Then we can debate their merits. I'll start you off:
Mike Ashley wealth £1bn+
Craig Whyte wealth off the radar
Easdales wealth couple of million
Yankee bint not a lot
So we should except low standards in the boardroom because the current incumbents aren’t Mike Ashley or Craig Whyte?

A lot of people don’t seem to realise we’d have more to spend on the football team and infrastructure projects (expansion of Ibrox, disabled seating, safe standing) if it wasn’t for the tens of millions the current board have pissed away.

To answer your question, I don’t know. Someone who can competently run a football club and get us out of the never ending litigation. Post regular profits and invest in the football team on the park so we can win trophies.

•£9m lawsuit from Elite

Doesn’t make good reading at all. Who was chairman though for every single liability on that list with the exception of the potential £1.6m liability?

2 wrongs don’t make a right but let’s not rewrite history.

Edit, sorry, I can see you have answered that above.

Doesn’t make good reading at all. Who was chairman though for every single liability on that list with the exception of the potential £1.6m liability?

2 wrongs don’t make a right but let’s not rewrite history.

Edit, sorry, I can see you have answered that above.
They're all as guilty as each other. The rush to pin all the blame on King is as ridiculous as the rush to pin it all on the current board members.
The fact we've spent and are continuing to spend so much in legal battles and fees is embarrassing.

I am also beginning to wonder what we need to actually achieve to get away from having to borrow money off our directors every season (as grateful as I am for the loans) it isn't sustainable.

Deserves immense credit for his commitment, as does Douglas Park.

These guys deeply care about the club.

Not John Bennets pocket with his 23m?

Not the Parks with their millions?
It all goes into the one pot. It doesn’t matter how you dress it up.

You could say ST money went towards new players or it went towards the Sports Direct compo. It doesn’t actually matter. It all came from the same pot of money.

They're all as guilty as each other. The rush to pin all the blame on King is as ridiculous as the rush to pin it all on the current board members.
The fact we've spent and are continuing to spend so much in legal battles and fees is embarrassing.

I am also beginning to wonder what we need to actually achieve to get away from having to borrow money off our directors every season (as grateful as I am for the loans) it isn't sustainable.

Probably several more years until all the residual effects of the club basically being wiped out are gone.

Probably several more years until all the residual effects of the club basically being wiped out are gone.
I think I just went all optimistic (not like me I know) that last season and then CL this season would've got us back on our own 2 feet so to speak. I hate having to rely on loans as they're not always guaranteed to be there.

It all goes into the one pot. It doesn’t matter how you dress it up.

You could say ST money went towards new players or it went towards the Sports Direct compo. It doesn’t actually matter. It all came from the same pot of money.

It does and it's all going towards rebuilding the club after it nearly going out of existence.

Yes these directors have made some mistakes, but they are also doing an incredible job at restoring the club.

Is it 6 years since we had a turnover of £17m? In the short space of time since then we have won the league, scottish Cup, made great strides in the EL and have returned to the CL, amd have recorded record turover, all against the back drop of corporate struggles that are a direct result of the shambles we were when they took over from a bunch of crooks, with a global pandemic thrown in for good measure.. Its actually quite remarkable the job they are doing, yet some like you want them ran out of town due to some, in the grand scheme of things, small mistakes, made along the way.

Puts in millions and people complain about 6% interest, just because u have lots dose not mean u have worked hard for it. This money would be making in cash in funds and could be investing which I am sure he dose.
We could not sell all the £500 offer of shares I know plenty of people could of afforded that but never as commitment of cash, then others that bought them trying to sell the £500 worth of shares for a profit is this not same?
Or because he is on the board he should just give it away ?

Guys like these show big commitment and should be appreciated.

Puts in millions and people complain about 6% interest, just because u have lots dose not mean u have worked hard for it. This money would be making in cash in funds and could be investing which I am sure he dose.
We could not sell all the £500 offer of shares I know plenty of people could of afforded that but never as commitment of cash, then others that bought them trying to sell the £500 worth of shares for a profit is this not same?
Or because he is on the board he should just give it away ?

Guys like these show big commitment and should be appreciated.
Those that tried that on the Tifosy market had delusions of grandeur.

But, but Mr King wants his five million back and he says we’re up shit creek with this Board, and that according too his minions including the discredited Club 1872. Thank God for our Board, they most certainly don’t get all things right but their heart is in the right place

Have always liked the cut of JB’s gib. I would have him as chairman and not Park. He have an answer on loans perhaps last year or a few years back at an AGM that I thought was terrific.

Very lucky to have him on board. Park out as chairman and JB to take over as chairman would be my preference.

It does and it's all going towards rebuilding the club after it nearly going out of existence.

Yes these directors have made some mistakes, but they are also doing an incredible job at restoring the club.

Is it 6 years since we had a turnover of £17m? In the short space of time since then we have won the league, scottish Cup, made great strides in the EL and have returned to the CL, amd have recorded record turover, all against the back drop of corporate struggles that are a direct result of the shambles we were when they took over from a bunch of crooks, with a global pandemic thrown in for good measure.. Its actually quite remarkable the job they are doing, yet some like you want them ran out of town due to some, in the grand scheme of things, small mistakes, made along the way.
Tens of millions of pounds isn’t a “small mistake”.

Conspiring to fix the price of kits so fans are out of pocket isn’t a “small mistake”. Fined £225,000 by CMA.

Organising a friendly with that lot for their managers homecoming isn’t a “small mistake”. Now being sued for £1.6m for breach of contract.

Some of us are entirely fed up with the constant litigation and pissing away of monies that should be focused on the first team squad and stadium.

The fact none of this was brought up at the AGM is genuine disgrace. There should be an independent inquiry into the monies pissed away. I can’t believe how lightly people are taking this.

I’m happy Mr Bennett got to demonstrate his commitment yesterday.

I’ve been vocal that he asked us to pay up as fan investors declaring it a “legacy moment” and it felt like we missed our moment last season and this.

He delivered a football lecture that didnt go down well the other week.

They then fixed the manager situation.

The facility he has provided the club is enormous and he spoke well yesterday.

Well done.

Tens of millions of pounds isn’t a “small mistake”.

Conspiring to fix the price of kits so fans are out of pocket isn’t a “small mistake”. Fined £225,000 by CMA.

Organising a friendly with that lot for their managers homecoming isn’t a “small mistake”. Now being sued for £1.6m for breach of contract.

Some of us are entirely fed up with the constant litigation and pissing away of monies that should be focused on the first team squad and stadium.

The fact none of this was brought up at the AGM is genuine disgrace. There should be an independent inquiry into the monies pissed away. I can’t believe how lightly people are taking this.

Yes both things you mention there are small mistakes in the grand scheme of things.

The Sports Direct and the Elite court cases and compensation are relics of the previous regime of crooks.

Perhaps if we didn't need the money for litigation then guys like Bennet would stop putting money in and we would be in the same financial position regardless?

So we should except low standards in the boardroom because the current incumbents aren’t Mike Ashley or Craig Whyte?

A lot of people don’t seem to realise we’d have more to spend on the football team and infrastructure projects (expansion of Ibrox, disabled seating, safe standing) if it wasn’t for the tens of millions the current board have pissed away.

To answer your question, I don’t know. Someone who can competently run a football club and get us out of the never ending litigation. Post regular profits and invest in the football team on the park so we can win trophies.
How about a board which could also solve world hunger, end wars and harness nuclear fusion.

Yes. He was very patient answering question C1872 about repayments of his loans. I mean, how dare Mr Bennett have his loans paid back. If I didn't think much of C1872 before, I think less of them now.
Their issue isnt about it being paid back, they want transparency - I think thats all anyone really wants from this regime.

Transparency and accountability.

Back