Director John Bennett - now in for £23million

Comment # 2 is not necessarily correct and given his background, it's unlikely to be correct.

He's clearly not on the breadline but I have my doubts he has that he has that much free cash floating around as a function of what he earns as salary / bonuses through his day-job. He will however have good contacts amongst people that do want to invest and increase their wealth.

However, I don't suppose it makes that much difference as to where the money comes from.
You may be surprised I worked in investment management in risk and audit and the top fund managers were very well rewarded. Not just bonuses but equity vesting every 3-5 years. Where ownership of companies changed often huge equity payouts and new granted. Add that to investment gains as bonuses often reinvested at least part in funds and it adds up.

Like that guy on here 'Union Bear' (I think) who jumps in every thread about the board, apart from this one oddly enough, with posts like 'We need change ASAP'

That's it, that's literally all these people say. Its just utter guff they post to make noise with absolutely no idea what they're talking about.
Surely you have just joined how would you know this poster posting history?

Or is this a case of a banned member with a grudge?

I would never criticise the board's commitment including JB.

But I think their ego's are too big we need a genuine football strategist at the club and it isn't Ross Wilson.

I would never criticise the board's commitment including JB.

But I think their ego's are too big we need a genuine football strategist at the club and it isn't Ross Wilson.

So we need to find someone with a small ego and financial ability to lend us multi million.

I genuinely get the drift of where you are coming from, but there is not a long queue to sign up.

he maybe putting money in but thats with interest

people are forgetting his car crash of a interview, best in class

no even best hotdogs ffs

he maybe putting money in but thats with interest

people are forgetting his car crash of a interview, best in class

no even best hotdogs ffs
He could invest that money elsewhere and get a far better return than the relatively small amount of interest he's getting back from Rangers. The money he's put into the club is for the good of the club, not for personal gain. Without it, we'd be in a much worse position. Sad some of our supporters can't see that.

"Aye he's committed 23 mill but he did a misguided interview so he can gtf" right?

Mental
I would be more inclined to blame the communications dept for writing that claptrap for him but then again, I'm sure they think we are all as thick as mince and accept anything that comes out of Ibrox.

He could invest that money elsewhere and get a far better return than the relatively small amount of interest he's getting back from Rangers. The money he's put into the club is for the good of the club, not for personal gain. Without it, we'd be in a much worse position. Sad some of our supporters can't see that.
I'd appreciate and it's been needed and Bennett is one a generally wouldn't snipe at as he does speak well

The car interview was because club panicked as fans were going mental....it happens did prepare or read room right happens in every job.

But he's get what 6/8% back on the loan of doesn't covert to shares is still a decent return for standard investments.

if does he will make money back when shares are sold majority were bought at 20p current price is 25p so 25% return.

The new strategy in the board seems to be to marginalise the shares of people they don't agree with once the preferred shareholder the price will increase.

I'd appreciate and it's been needed and Bennett is one a generally wouldn't snipe at as he does speak well

The car interview was because club panicked as fans were going mental....it happens did prepare or read room right happens in every job.

But he's get what 6/8% back on the loan of doesn't covert to shares is still a decent return for standard investments.

if does he will make money back when shares are sold majority were bought at 20p current price is 25p so 25% return.

The new strategy in the board seems to be to marginalise the shares of people they don't agree with once the preferred shareholder the price will increase.
He is getting 6% (7 year loan) and 5% (overdraft) and that’s not even nearly a “decent return” compared to what he’s get if he put it elsewhere.

Our Close Brothers facility was 9.5%… when base rates were nearly 0%. Lending to business now is happening at double digit interest rates; Rangers would be charged 10-12% at best. Bennett could be investing in private credit funds and getting +10% on his money without trying.

Another minor point, there is also really no ”current price” for RIFC shares. They aren‘t traded. There are issue prices, but who knows what the actual value of the shares are.

He is getting 6% (7 year loan) and 5% (overdraft) and that’s not even nearly a “decent return” compared to what he’s get if he put it elsewhere.

Our Close Brothers facility was 9.5%… when base rates were nearly 0%. Lending to business now is happening at double digit interest rates; Rangers would be charged 10-12% at best. Bennett could be investing in private credit funds and getting +10% on his money without trying.

Another minor point, there is also really no ”current price” for RIFC shares. They aren‘t traded. There are issue prices, but who knows what the actual value of the shares are.
Roi is subjective investing in stocks or shares 6/7% is a good return others will expect 10% or if going into high risk will want higher.

So it is about what that person wants to do and get out of it shorter term or longer term.

As I said I wasnt snipping at him but he's still making money could he make more yes he could but he's choose to go this route.

As for share price I've explained this before yes they arnt set but loan to equity shares are 20p think they are moving to 25p not clear on that though.

But the tifossi sale was 25p when shares were at 20p before.

Unless the club goes belly up again he will make at his money back most likely at least 25%.

If the club full marginalise the non preferred investors ie so they have have 76% of shares. If club is ever put up for sale then purchasing club becomes more attractive to buyers and we are heading that way.

Then you could be talking share prices of 40/50p similar to American madness that happened. Again this is based on what people are willing to offer at time.

The investors deserve respect for putting money up where they could make more money doing other things no one disagrees with that

but to many seem to think they are doing it for nothing when it's not true theres a longer term exit plan for these guys and it will involve making money Which no one again objects to as its been needed.

Board was too busy saving the club financially during that time by cutting costs and loaning the club money after two years of heavy losses.

That might be the case but they certainly were more than happy to put out interviews suggesting decent financial backing for the manager after 55 was secured. If they knew the true financial situation then stuff like that shouldn't have been put out in the first place. It's clear they also told Gerrard the same thing as well.

Also not to go over old ground but a massive amount of our losses (Covid season aside) have been down to utter incompetence at boardroom level.

Each time I hear him talk, in comparison to others, I feel his role should be right at the very top of our board.
100%, compared to our Chairman Douglas Park, Park was heard saying to John Bennett after a question was asked "am lost here", also Bennett's face was a picture when Park started rattling on about Morelos and Kent's unattainable contract deal.

Roi is subjective investing in stocks or shares 6/7% is a good return others will expect 10% or if going into high risk will want higher.

So it is about what that person wants to do and get out of it shorter term or longer term.

As I said I wasnt snipping at him but he's still making money could he make more yes he could but he's choose to go this route.

As for share price I've explained this before yes they arnt set but loan to equity shares are 20p think they are moving to 25p not clear on that though.

But the tifossi sale was 25p when shares were at 20p before.

Unless the club goes belly up again he will make at his money back most likely at least 25%.

If the club full marginalise the non preferred investors ie so they have have 76% of shares. If club is ever put up for sale then purchasing club becomes more attractive to buyers and we are heading that way.

Then you could be talking share prices of 40/50p similar to American madness that happened. Again this is based on what people are willing to offer at time.

The investors deserve respect for putting money up where they could make more money doing other things no one disagrees with that

but to many seem to think they are doing it for nothing when it's not true theres a longer term exit plan for these guys and it will involve making money Which no one again objects to as its been needed.
This isn't "investing in stocks and shares". This is lender. There is a clear market and a market return for private credit. The 6% is way, way below that. If he had taken £10.32m owed by RIFC on 30 June 2022 and invested in the Blackrock European private credit fund, he'd be getting~10.6%. That means he would have your "at least 25%" in about 26 months if he went that route.

He's "chosen to go this route" at a cost to him, because he's a fan and deserves enormous gratitude from the rest of us fans that don't have those funds.

You haven't explained anything with regards to a market value of an RIFC PLC share. Again, to repeat, the "issue price" isn't necessarily the market price. No-one except Dave King and Kyle Fox are talking about a market price of 40p a share. It's a fiction. No-one is putting a value of more than £170m on a small company with a structural £3-5m annual funding gap, limited room for revenue growth and highly uncertain future cash flows. Not unless there are tangible fixed assets worth in excess of that. There aren't.

I’ve never hid I don’t possess a great deal of affection for Douglas Park. But John Bennett is someone I like. I would back him for the chairmanship.

If does he will make money back when shares are sold majority were bought at 20p current price is 25p so 25% return.

Intriguing, simply issue a stack more shares in the same asset base yet the share price will rise. By that logic our market cap will soon be about £200m.

And you better get Dave King's phone number, he will appreciate the help. 25p currently indeed.

This isn't "investing in stocks and shares". This is lender. There is a clear market and a market return for private credit. The 6% is way, way below that. If he had taken £10.32m owed by RIFC on 30 June 2022 and invested in the Blackrock European private credit fund, he'd be getting~10.6%. That means he would have your "at least 25%" in about 26 months if he went that route.

He's "chosen to go this route" at a cost to him, because he's a fan and deserves enormous gratitude from the rest of us fans that don't have those funds.

You haven't explained anything with regards to a market value of an RIFC PLC share. Again, to repeat, the "issue price" isn't necessarily the market price. No-one except Dave King and Kyle Fox are talking about a market price of 40p a share. It's a fiction. No-one is putting a value of more than £170m on a small company with a structural £3-5m annual funding gap, limited room for revenue growth and highly uncertain future cash flows. Not unless there are tangible fixed assets worth in excess of that. There aren't.
Thing is its it clear cut yes he is lending but can convert to shares if board and him agree. That can be decided at any time.

However I'm not sure why the rage from so many for telling it as it is I've already said that will they should be appreciated for putting the money up and have no objection to directors getting interest on loans..... its only fair. Or getting a return on their money when they sell up. As long as it isn't ripping the piss re desmond with the preference at the scum.

I wasnt trying to explain the market value what I am saying is the value of shares of a large block particularly if it is above 75% becomes more marketable and valuable to someone wanting to sell as the buyer can do what they want to a company as nearly nothing can be done to stop that block of shares. That could be 25p or 3 quid.

It's just my belief that we are getting taken towards being sold by a number of the current investors within the next 2 to 5 years....... and I don't mean all......but definately some are driving it towards that.......but that's their right.

However any board we have can be appreciated when they do good but we need to be sceptical of them at times

People defended Murray even right through the initial tax cases where did that end up.

People praised whyte as he gave new deals to Davis, Mcgregor and Naismith I think it was those 3 on increased wages and term look what happened months later

People praised Green for walking up and down the que for buying season tickets and successful share issue....look what happened.

People believed Ashley was going make us great again....... remember those 5 Newcastle loans the parasite has taken to long to get rid of but if you look at coventry just now that is what he was planning on doing to us.

King helped get rid of spivs but created way to many problems especially with his comments and prob created animosity with other clubs in Scotland. He was needed but his time was up.

Park in reality all has to be judged but the cinch cases which he was right to challenge imho, it is fact the fans /club get pillored and nothing is said that irks, the Sydney friendly, making a point scoring excercise of King in accounts about interest on a loan. That was paid off...... by others on board getting interest on a loan to pay that off....... aren't good looks so far.......

Absoloutly no board we have should ever be fully trusted or blindly followed again it doesn't mean we can't appreciate when they do good and in general all the investors and board members since the spivs were ousted have done good

And what else cause that ain’t worth 23mil alone
The 7 year term loan (of which he has £10.32m outstanding to him at end June) is secured against New Edmiston House. Bennett himself said last year that the security is worth significantly less than the loan.

The £10m overdraft he’s provided isn’t secured against anything.

The 7 year term loan (of which he has £10.32m outstanding to him at end June) is secured against New Edmiston House. Bennett himself said last year that the security is worth significantly less than the loan.

The £10m overdraft he’s provided isn’t secured against anything.
You his banker aye

Thing is its it clear cut yes he is lending but can convert to shares if board and him agree. That can be decided at any time.

However I'm not sure why the rage from so many for telling it as it is I've already said that will they should be appreciated for putting the money up and have no objection to directors getting interest on loans..... its only fair. Or getting a return on their money when they sell up. As long as it isn't ripping the piss re desmond with the preference at the scum.

I wasnt trying to explain the market value what I am saying is the value of shares of a large block particularly if it is above 75% becomes more marketable and valuable to someone wanting to sell as the buyer can do what they want to a company as nearly nothing can be done to stop that block of shares. That could be 25p or 3 quid.

It's just my belief that we are getting taken towards being sold by a number of the current investors within the next 2 to 5 years....... and I don't mean all......but definately some are driving it towards that.......but that's their right.

However any board we have can be appreciated when they do good but we need to be sceptical of them at times

People defended Murray even right through the initial tax cases where did that end up.

People praised whyte as he gave new deals to Davis, Mcgregor and Naismith I think it was those 3 on increased wages and term look what happened months later

People praised Green for walking up and down the que for buying season tickets and successful share issue....look what happened.

People believed Ashley was going make us great again....... remember those 5 Newcastle loans the parasite has taken to long to get rid of but if you look at coventry just now that is what he was planning on doing to us.

King helped get rid of spivs but created way to many problems especially with his comments and prob created animosity with other clubs in Scotland. He was needed but his time was up.

Park in reality all has to be judged but the cinch cases which he was right to challenge imho, it is fact the fans /club get pillored and nothing is said that irks, the Sydney friendly, making a point scoring excercise of King in accounts about interest on a loan. That was paid off...... by others on board getting interest on a loan to pay that off....... aren't good looks so far.......

Absoloutly no board we have should ever be fully trusted or blindly followed again it doesn't mean we can't appreciate when they do good and in general all the investors and board members since the spivs were ousted have done good
No rage, certainly not from me. Just ensuring the facts are correct.

Cause the truth is always told on documents and at the AGM…
Well, if you know better then please feel free to share. If you’re suggesting Bennett has lied to shareholders and that the company has filed fraudulent accounts then you should report it. Meanwhile, the rest of us will deal in the facts available.

Well, if you know better then please feel free to share. If you’re suggesting Bennett has lied to shareholders and that the company has filed fraudulent accounts then you should report it. Meanwhile, the rest of us will deal in the facts available.

As if anyone would ever lie to shareholders!

Come on he’s on our side.

And aye of course I’m his chauffeur he tells me all his business details and financial doings whilst I’m driving him back and forward to the doctors or the tescos.

But aye he’s legit

As if anyone would ever lie to shareholders!

Come on he’s on our side.

And aye of course I’m his chauffeur he tells me all his business details and financial doings whilst I’m driving him back and forward to the doctors or the tescos.

But aye he’s legit
So you have absolutely nothing useful to add to the discussion. Your only contribution is sarcastic nonsense. Got it.

That might be the case but they certainly were more than happy to put out interviews suggesting decent financial backing for the manager after 55 was secured. If they knew the true financial situation then stuff like that shouldn't have been put out in the first place. It's clear they also told Gerrard the same thing as well.

Also not to go over old ground but a massive amount of our losses (Covid season aside) have been down to utter incompetence at boardroom level.

Eh, what?

The reason we were making those losses was because the board were investing millions of pounds of their own money into the club to try and narrow the financial gap with Celtic and have us competitive on the park much quicker than we would’ve been otherwise.

It’s called front loading investment, AND IT FUCKING WORKED.

This board have taken us from finishing 3rd in consecutive seasons back to being champions, have taken us to a European final and taken us into the CL for the first time in a decade.

There are decisions they have made that you can disagree with, there are decisions I can disagree with but they are not incompetent.

Eh, what?

The reason we were making those losses was because the board were investing millions of pounds of their own money into the club to try and narrow the financial gap with Celtic and have us competitive on the park much quicker than we would’ve been otherwise.

This board have taken us from finishing 3rd in consecutive seasons back to being champions, have taken us to a European final and taken us into the CL for the first time in a decade.

There are decisions they have made that you can disagree with, there are decisions I can disagree with but they are not incompetent.
Agreed, some of the utter shite you read on here about the board is staggering.

I’d genuinely hate to think the state we would be in without them, and that’s not to say they are perfect as they most certainly aren’t and have made some mistakes along the way.

Eh, what?

Currently the club is being sued for £11m this is after paying £8m to Ashley earlier this year and £4m to him in 2017. Millions more have probably been squandered on stupid legal costs and hiring/firing dreadful management teams and terrible signings I call that incompetence.

For all this investment put in we now find ourselves back to a situation similar to 2017/18 with the league probably over by November and a squad of little value that needs massive investment going forward.

Sorry but the yahoos are likely to overtake us in league us in league title wins soon and we are miles behind them with no real plan going forward. We've become a club that's happy to win one league title every 5-8 years now with no visible plan to move forward.

Currently the club is being sued for £11m this is after paying £8m to Ashley earlier this year and £4m to him in 2017. Millions more have probably been squandered on stupid legal costs and hiring/firing dreadful management teams and terrible signings I call that incompetence.

For all this investment put in we now find ourselves back to a situation similar to 2017/18 with the league probably over by November and a squad of little value that needs massive investment going forward.

Sorry but the yahoos are likely to overtake us in league us in league title wins soon and we are miles behind them with no real plan going forward. We've become a club that's happy to win one league title every 5-8 years now with no visible plan to move forward.
Timmy talk.

Complete and utter nonsense that we are in the same position as we were before Gerrard came in, it really us.

Complete and utter nonsense that we are in the same position as we were before Gerrard came in, it really us.

So you think that this squad will overhaul Celtic with little or no investment?

Just look at the list of players leaving over the next 6-8 months our only plan seems to be hope Beale is a miracle worker.

Back