Disappointed

What worries me is we have previous for shitting the nest in the second round of group games, last season apart. Hopefully put these Belgians to the sword.

If you read their forums they're attitude to us has been so disrespectful to who we are. Twice we had them on on toast, and twice we let them go. In 10 mins. That's the thing that hurts most. However they have been constructed by millions. Although it's tough to take another 2 goal lead relinquished it can't be as hard as getting schooled twice by a squad worth a fifth of your value

A good result on paper but the manner in which we’ve drawn both games is a bit gutting. Should be making changes after Roofe’s screamer there’s no need to be brave. Same story as the 3-3 it’s just poor game management. We’ve done ourselves out of a few extra quid and potentially top spot.
So change of manager for you then? As his game management isnt up to scratch.

And we have posts on here laughing at their forum.

So change of manager for you then? As his game management isnt up to scratch.

And we have posts on here laughing at their forum.
So me suggesting we could’ve made better use of our subs against top opposition = sack the manager? Bit of a jump there mate is it not? Do you work for a newspaper? :D
Gerrard said himself the goals came from areas we were tired. He made one sub over the two legs. For me it just defies logic to make more defensive subs against the likes of Killie than we did with a couple of two goal leads vs Benfica. I forgot that being constructive on here either makes you a mentally challenged or an “FF Mourinho”

Sitting top of our group 5 points clear of 3rd and 4th going into Matchday 5.
After getting past Willem II and Galatasaray in the qualifiers.

Let that sink in.

If it's not sinking in then check out Roofe's goal from last night.
Magnificent football from a magnificent football team.

In the context of Europe, this is one of the best Rangers teams most of us have ever seen.

Very, very, happy with our position right now.
Hopefully we can test ourselves in the Champions League next season.

Yes It goes to head to head , so if lech beat us 2-0 away and go to 9 points with us they’ve got a better head to head than us. We beat them 1-0.
Equally if we only lost 2/1 or 3/2 to lech , we would go through not them due to the goal difference being equal but us scoring in the away game against them

So me suggesting we could’ve made better use of our subs against top opposition = sack the manager? Bit of a jump there mate is it not? Do you work for a newspaper? :D
Gerrard said himself the goals came from areas we were tired. He made one sub over the two legs. For me it just defies logic to make more defensive subs against the likes of Killie than we did with a couple of two goal leads vs Benfica. I forgot that being constructive on here either makes you a mentally challenged or an “FF Mourinho”
Where did I say anybody was a mentally challenged?

I made a comment about people having a laugh at their meltdown, yet some on here are having a go at the manager for not making substitutions last night. Prob a few of the same ones who went nuts saying he made the wrong substitution the last time.

To compare bringing a couple of subs on v killie to making changes against benfica takes some doing.

What some on here need to get in their head is that there are better teams than us out there and for us to get 2 draws against a huge club like benfica was us really punching above our weight.

I would have taken a point before the game last night to be honest. Benfica are a great side, I expected them to come at us big time. That was a very intense game last night, we had to work extremely hard to match them. I understand the frustration of losing a two goal lead but we have been tremendous in the two games against a CL team that have spent £100m on players. We are in a fantastic position to progress into the next round.

In our position a portuguese side like Benfica would have seen about 3 minutes play in the last 15 with injuries, subs and time wasting. Lots to learn.
Yes, we haven’t learned the dark arts yet. I think we feel we can keep posession and stay out of danger and we have players that can do that. But when we tire in the last 20 minutes, we can’t rely on that.

Just shows how far we've come when we're disappointed drawing with Benfica,good as they are, I don't think we were at our best and lost possession far too easily at times,sickener at the goals we lost and even the gaffer said we didn't deserve the 2-0 lead and agree with what he said. Having said that delighted the way we tracked runs as their link ups were tricky and at pace and thought we coped well by and large. Onwards and upwards.

Slept on it and watched the game back, still a bit gutted we didn't break the game up at 2-0 and bring on a sub every 5 minutes. Benfica do have tremendous quality but a couple of defensive lapses mixed with tired legs cost us big time - we aren't invincible but tired legs = subs.

When all is said and done, we've beat them over the 2 legs on away goals and did not look out of place against a top side, I'd have taken 2 draws at the start. Let's win the next 2 and top the group.

I feel like people would cry if the butter ripped a hole in their toast :D
Surely we're made of tougher stuff than to be disappointed with a point Vs Benfica. And probably don't even need another point or goal to qualify to the last 32. I actually think we'll pick up 6 points and top the group which will hopefully cushion any disappointment from last night

disappointed not to win it, but against a team like benfica it is never going to be easy,not a bad result a draw against a top side like them, at the end of the day going to the next stage is all that matters, i would say we have more or less done that.

Back