Disappointed?

Got to be slightly disappointed not gutted,Our expectation are through the Roofe at the moment and the team are playing a blinder to fulfill our expectations,I am delighted with the form they are showing .

I can’t be disappointed or angry with this squad of players. They have been superb so far this season. I’ve a few mates who need to have a word with themselves on our group chat who are raging that we threw away a two goal lead against Benfica. Apparently we are a “shambles” because of it the mind boggles.

I was angry when they equalised.

But by the final whistle I was relatively sanguine.

We've come a long way under Stevie G.

And we were up against a really good attacking side.

Of course, we had a 2 goal lead on 2 occasions & only ended up with 2 points. However, I would have been content with that prior to the games.

But it’s 4 points dropped in my opinion, lads played so well across the the games & deserved more.

Another learning curve for them, I’m confident they’ll make amends against Liege though :)

I’d say I’m disappointed and I’m trying to retain perspective but for some reason admin decided to delete my thread on doing so. They must fancy some good old fashioned hysteria.

Disappointed of course. It goes without saying but the overriding feeling watching this Rangers team in Europe is pride in the major progress we've made in such a short space of time.

Breath of fresh air reading this thread compared to the thread after the away game v benfica lol

In the last 2 seasons we’ve won head to heads against Porto and Benfica, Champions League calibre teams.

We’ve come a long long way from a hedge in Luxembourg, that we’re more frustrated than disappointed that we haven’t take 6/6 from Benfica.

A wee bit disappointed that is happened again, but proud of the way we are progressing and were a match for a good European club, I’m sure the commentator said they have spent 100 euro in the past year.

We played probably the best side we’ve faced since we were back in the Group stages in Europe. Braga were possibly better so 2 x draws was fine the manor we ended up drawing was frustrating in the extreme. Still unbeaten.

Disappointment with 2 draws against Benifca can only come about due to an excellent position in the first place.
Being 2 up in both games, and IMO bossing a top team is more than most of us expected tbf.

I’m gonna say it here, and bookmark if you want, I see this Rangers team in the europa final this year

2 years ago we drew twice with Villareal which were rightly considered as excellent results.
That there is some degree of disappointment about drawing twice with Benfica shows just how much progress we have made.
We are well in to qualify and can still win the group.

Disappointed with tonight’s result as we shouldn’t be throwing away 2 goal leads especially at home but I am very happy over all top of the group with 2 games left to go and our next game is at home which should see us go through as we only need a point.

I was much more dissaponted after the first game. Pissed off we didnt win but nowhere near as bad as the first game.

We probably won't appreciate how well we've done till the end of the season.
Yeah this for me, we played much better in Lisbon than we did tonight & we were great tonight. They just couldn’t get near us in Lisbon & we missed glorious chances.

Tonight, a draw was probably a fair reflection even if ridiculously frustrating.

A few years ago we couldn't beat East Stirling and the likes at Ibrox . Now we are going blow for blow with Benfica and the likes - and disappointed not to win ....
We're on the up - No Doubt about it ; And it's glorious .
Coupled with the 19th Century Terrorists in disarray - what's not to like ?
Long may it continue .

It's really hard to believe how much we have improved on and off the pitch the last couple of years.long may it continue.

Frustrated and disappointed that we have given up a 2 goal lead to the same team in the space of a few weeks. Yes.

AND it has cost us £800k.
No wonder footballs f**ked if thats your thinking. Let's hope the players dont think they were holding on in both games for 800,000.

That money still doesnt put a dent in benficas spending. Time you realised this instead of coming out with nonsence like this.

Go have a game of monopoly and calm down ffs.

I was disappointed then heard Gerrard interview and he summed it up. It's not like we were clearly the better team and chucked it, they are simply a very good team that has spent money we can only dream of, and they showed their quality

Not tonight. I was dissappoinred about the Lisbon game because we missed chances and took our foot of the gas.
Tonight was different we had to work really hard to get something out of the game. Even though we had a 2 goal lead.
We're in a great position after 4 games in a tough group.
Its a long way from Luxembourg 3 years ago.

I was angry when they equalised.

But by the final whistle I was relatively sanguine.

We've come a long way under Stevie G.

And we were up against a really good attacking side.
Same as me, we went head to head and competed with an excellent side tonight, limited them to a handful of chances and could have won ourselves. Still undefeated, soon be Christmas.

Rangers are unbeaten this season. Two draws against a top quality European side and we are disappointed.

That is how far we have come.

WATP.
There in lies the crux of the matter, unbeaten in Europe, playing well home and abroad, such things were mere dreams to many of us for the last decade or more.

This team are growing every game and what the management team are doing is nothing short of remarkable. We need to run before we can walk and let's get the league title home before we start getting upset about drawing with one of the best teams in europe over the last 5 years, who make as much money in one season as we do in near enough a decade.

No wonder footballs f**ked if thats your thinking. Let's hope the players dont think they were holding on in both games for 800,000.

That money still doesnt put a dent in benficas spending. Time you realised this instead of coming out with nonsence like this.

Go have a game of monopoly and calm down ffs.
No, it's not all about the money, but for a club like us that kind of money is hugely important. Or have you not seen the recent accounts?!

Of course the football on the pitch is what matters to us most, but that kind of money - which we had in our hands on both occasions - is massive to us.

So, yes, overall I am disappointed. That's hardly controversial ffs.

It is disappointing because we were solid for 80 minutes but Benfica are a top quality side and 2-0 really flattered us if being honest.

We are in a great position to top the group and 8 points undefeated after 4 matches having played Benfica twice is impressive.

I feel more disappointed for the players as they should be able to say they beat Benfica in atleast one of the two matches.

No, it's not all about the money, but for a club like us that kind of money is hugely important. Or have you not seen the recent accounts?!

Of course the football on the pitch is what matters to us most, but that kind of money - which we had in our hands on both occasions - is massive to us.

So, yes, overall I am disappointed. That's hardly controversial ffs.
They are a club who after spending a 100 mill have twice had to fight their way back against us and play their get out of jail card.

They are a quality team and the fact they know they've been up against with us, is a great credit to Rangers.

Look at it this way, we've made money by getting 2 draws against them, which to be honest I thought we would do well to draw at Ibrox and probably lose over there.

We're in a much better position than I thought we would be at this stage

Back