Disappointment of Lafferty and Morelos.

Great thread

At least I'll know where all the negativity will be for a while
We've got to face reality , while it's far from gloom and doom, we do have problems, discussing them doesn't mean to say it's negativity.
Let's call it constructive criticism :rolleyes:

We've got to face reality , while it's far from gloom and doom, we do have problems, discussing them doesn't mean to say it's negativity.

Do you think Lafferty was actually bought to partner Morelos?

@Bornagain

Why? Do you agree with all that shite.

If you prefer Shankland to Morellos, give your seat to a real supporter and get one for Rugby Park. You won’t need to worry about sitting next to me or the other 50,000 non blind fans.

Honestly.... Shankland for Morellos!! Some cnts have a real agenda!

Last edited:
Morelos is a lone striker.

Morelos is a lone everything. Needs to get a professional outlook and proper athelete’s mentality going forward. We can’t keep playing a man down each game, even if SG thinks we’re getting good at it. I’m hoping it works out soon.

To the OP, short of the once these two have never two been played in the dual striker role so it’s tough to say.

I think once both Tav and Borna are available we’ll get 3-5-2 another shot. Only tried it once against Motherwell but definitely worth another go.

Great response, care to expand. Are they top players we can rely on week in week out?
Yes.

Transfer window coming, but rather than strengthen, let’s replace our only 2 recognised strikers with..... who exactly ... Shankland as was posted. Morellos is worth 10 of him, and the sooner clowns like you realise this the better.

What partnership?

Gerrard plays a lone front man with two wide players. I don't think he's ever started with Morelos and Lafferty as a two. It's very rare you will see any managers play 4-4-2 in this day and age as it leaves you outnumbered in the middle of the park where most teams are playing three central midfielders. Lafferty is our back up striker and he knew that was the case when he joined.

Yes.

Transfer window coming, but rather than strengthen, let’s replace our only 2 recognised strikers with..... who exactly ... Shankland as was posted. Morellos is worth 10 of him, and the sooner clowns like you realise this the better.
You're calling me a clown - you can't even spell his name

Can't defend Morelos any more. He is petulant beyond belief and has become a liability. Much as he's loved he continues to let the supporters down. I'd sell him if a decent offer came in, however with his rack record in respect of his discipline that is unlikely.
In all honesty I think big Laffs is over-rated. He's a fan but sadly not Rangers class in my opinion.
Need to be buying a couple of strikers in transfer window. Shankland has been mentioned on here before, wont cost the earth and knows where the goal is albeit at a lower level. I'm sure Stevie-G, scouts and Coaching staff have been on the lookout for potential replacements.

17 goals and 4 assists and you want us to sell him?!!!!

We are looking to add more goals and creativity in the January window, not take some away.

As for your claim that it's unlikely we'd get a decent offer for him... we've already rejected an offer of over £9m for him and his form has improved greatly since then.

Can't defend Morelos any more. He is petulant beyond belief and has become a liability. Much as he's loved he continues to let the supporters down. I'd sell him if a decent offer came in, however with his rack record in respect of his discipline that is unlikely.
In all honesty I think big Laffs is over-rated. He's a fan but sadly not Rangers class in my opinion.
Need to be buying a couple of strikers in transfer window. Shankland has been mentioned on here before, wont cost the earth and knows where the goal is albeit at a lower level. I'm sure Stevie-G, scouts and Coaching staff have been on the lookout for potential replacements.
You seem the sort of guy that phones the Record Hotline

I think they only ever started as a strike pair together once, at Motherwell.

Think it only got binned because the 3 defenders set up was like the keystone cops.

17 goals and 4 assists and you want us to sell him?!!!!

We are looking to add more goals and creativity in the January window, not take some away.

As for your claim that it's unlikely we'd get a decent offer for him... we've already rejected an offer of over £9m for him and his form has improved greatly since then.
I accept that when he is on his game and on his best behaviour he is a MASSIVE asset. But as I said at the outset he is petulant, obviously hasn't listened to the advice of manager and coaching staff as he got himself sent off . No use to us in the stands and regarding £9m offer we allegedly got would teams be willing to take the risk on him with his discipline record.
Regarding Shankland he has got to be an option. 42 goals in 45 for Ayr. Bluenose for Rangers supporting family. remember seeing him on a lovely summers day v Queens Park when were sent to the bottom level He stood out as did Andy Robertson. This is a Forum for Football opinions

I didn't necessarily mean your OP

But just look at the shite posted about Morelos on it

Any excuse to run our own down on here and some just seem to revel in it

I accept that when he is on his game and on his best behaviour he is a MASSIVE asset. But as I said at the outset he is petulant, obviously hasn't listened
What’s your value ofto the advice of manager and coaching staff as he got himself sent off . No use to us in the stands and regarding £9m offer we allegedly got would teams be willing to take the risk on him with his discipline record.
Regarding Shankland he has got to be an option. 42 goals in 45 for Ayr. Bluenose for Rangers supporting family. remember seeing him on a lovely summers day v Queens Park when were sent to the bottom level He stood out as did Andy Robertson. This is a Forum for Football opinions

What’s your value Shankland?? More than £9m?? Fkn doubt it. !! Yet you’d prefer him to Morelos ( is that better).

Sorry but no cigar!

Yes, and last year Jack was the liability.
Morelos goes and we'll have a brand new liability.

Can't you see what's happening in this shitehole?

Look no further than crooked refs and rabid media.

Had Freddy been available I would have started him and Laff against Dundee. I see no reason why they cant be a good combination. Laff would be better than Ejaria in my view and Armfield in place of Coullbilly would give us a better attacking force.

What’s your value Shankland?? More than £9m?? Fkn doubt it. !! Yet you’d prefer him to Morelos ( is that better).

Sorry but no cigar!
I certainly don't rate Shankland in the same league as Morelos. I am saying despite advice he is obviously getting from management he still lets us down. His goals and effort speak for themselves but he has that petulant streak which in my opinion makes him a liability. I'm not some daft lad. I'm 61 I am a Glaswegian have lived NW England over 40yrs still have season ticket and love The Rangers til I die as anyone who knows me would tell you. Going to get ready to go out now.

It's horses for courses. There are matches both should be played and others where it is better with a long striker.
The problem is on the few occasions they have been played together it hasn't worked. Not convinced they cannot form a partnership, maybe we haven't exploited the right opponents.

It's horses for courses. There are matches both should be played and others where it is better with a long striker.
The problem is on the few occasions they have been played together it hasn't worked. Not convinced they cannot form a partnership, maybe we haven't exploited the right opponents.
Good point.
I also think SG chops and changes too much with selections.
I'm delighted to have him as manager but I wish there was a bit more time for the same selection to play a good run of games.

Good point.
I also think SG chops and changes too much with selections.
I'm delighted to have him as manager but I wish there was a bit more time for the same selection to play a good run of games.

We’ve played a crazy number of games which might explain the chopping and changing to be fair, easy to forget we were playing Europa qualifiers before the World Cup was done and dusted.

I certainly don't rate Shankland in the same league as Morelos. I am saying despite advice he is obviously getting from management he still lets us down. His goals and effort speak for themselves but he has that petulant streak which in my opinion makes him a liability. I'm not some daft lad. I'm 61 I am a Glaswegian have lived NW England over 40yrs still have season ticket and love The Rangers til I die as anyone who knows me would tell you. Going to get ready to go

Hope you have a good night.

My point is, why would we replace our most prized asset with an untried, untested, youth reject? You asked me to expand which I did, but because it’s not what you want to hear you play the age card. I am not 61, but in my 30 years at Ibrox I’ve seen good, great and bad.... Morelos (spell check) is becoming a superstar. I’ll take a bit of petulance with all his goals, link up play (which has markedly improved this year) any day.

Good night to you sir.

I can understand how you feel.The wee man infuriates and frustrates most of us but what can we do for now?
As for selling him, no one is going to buy him with his present conduct.
I suppose we are all hoping he matures and gets his act together, he is actually his own worst enemy.
You just made that up.

Prior to playing in Scotland, he had a total of 10 bookings in 87 games.
He has played 72 times for Rangers and amassed 22 bookings and 3 red cards. How many of them would you honestly say were deserved? To my mind, maybe half of the bookings, and none of the red cards. Let's not forget his first red card was rescinded, his one against UFA was some refereeing lunacy, and the one the other night, while easy for the ref to give, was not for 2 legitimate yellow card offences.

Is the problem with Alfie or with Scottish referees being too keen to card him?

I don't deny that he is prone to reacting, but so too is Andy Halliday who doesn't see anywhere near the same number of cards (or the same fouls:cards ratio). He is refereed to a different standard.

Oh, and for all you mendicants who claim his disciplinary record will put people off, catch a fecking grip of yourselves.

His record is as follows.

Played 159
Scored 81
Assisted 31
Booked 33
Sent Off 3 (1 straight red subsequently rescinded, other 2 for 2 yellow cards)

That's approximately
1 booking for every 5 games he has played
1 red for every 53 games played
1 goal for every 2 games played

Plenty of clubs would take a punt on that record

What a load of rubbish.

You just made that up.

He has played 72 times for Rangers and amassed 22 bookings and 3 red cards. How many of them would you honestly say were deserved? To my mind, maybe half of the bookings, and none of the red cards. Let's not forget his first red card was rescinded, his one against UFA was some refereeing lunacy, and the one the other night, while easy for the ref to give, was not for 2 legitimate yellow card offences.

I don't deny that he is prone to reacting, but so too is Andy Halliday who doesn't see anywhere near the same number of cards (or the same fouls:cards ratio). He is refereed to a different standard.

Oh, and for all you mendicants who claim his disciplinary record will put people off, catch a fecking grip of yourselves.

Played 159
Scored 81
Assisted 31
Booked 33

That's approximately

Well said mate.

You just made that up.

Played 159
Scored 81
Assisted 31
Booked 33

That's approximately

Yes the officials have got it wrong big time.
The point is Morelos knows some are out to get him and he still persists with the attitude.Why invite them to come and get you.Some of thebookings he's brought upon himself,maybe soft ones but its the attitude thats brought it on.
It's the immaturity that's frustrating.

Yes the officials have got it wrong big time.
The point is Morelos knows some are out to get him and he still persists with the attitude.Why invite them to come and get you.Some of thebookings he's brought upon himself,maybe soft ones but its the attitude thats brought it on.
It's the immaturity that's frustrating.

Indeed. It seems to have got worse rather than better. No slaughtering the boy but he needs to screw the head

@Bornagain

If you prefer Shankland to Morellos, give your seat to a real supporter and get one for Rugby Park. You won’t need to worry about sitting next to me or the other 50,000 non blind fans.

Mate wtf are you talking about? Please quote me??? Most bizarre post I ever read.

@Bornagain

You said it's the biggest load of p!sh ever posted and I have agreed with you by saying thank feck I don't sit next to the guy and now you're saying I agree with him haha. Read my posts throughout the whole thread. It was you I was agreeing with

You said it's the biggest load of p!sh ever posted and I have agreed with you by saying thank feck I don't sit next to the guy and now you're saying I agree with him haha. Read my posts throughout the whole thread. It was you I was agreeing with

I was referring to the guy youre moaning about. Clearly one of the negative pain in the @rses who shouts and moans about everything.

I was agreeing with you.

Looked to me that they played together (on the same pitch) against Cltic and for a short time on Wednesday.

Both like to drop off and get down the wide channels, both would be great in a two with a big traditional CF but not having one of them they both prefer to be the lone striker.

Ok. Mixed message. I apologise.

Was busy trying to enlighten another guy(bluebearjim) who believes we should get rid of Morelos for ,,, ahem ,, Shankland. Not criticising young Lawrence but if Morelos is to be replaced it’s sure as fck not with him!

Yes let's replace Alfie with Shankland.

Back